A friend and I booked a week long stay at the Ramada in "downtown Denver" without really checking reviews first. Bad idea!! It was our first time in Denver and we are city people (I work in downtown Manhattan and she, in midtown) so we wanted to stay in the city area. The Ramada's idea of "downtown" is like our idea of the outskirts of Queens. The area was questionable, and the characters at the bus stops made us decide not to ride public transit. This coming from two New Yorkers is saying a lot.
That being said, the room was a bargain for what we paid. It was spacious and the beds were comfortable. The free shuttle was also a bargain - they take you anywhere in downtown Denver for free, and it runs on an hourly schedule.
However, with the shuttle... we had some minor complaints which the terrible front desk responded, "too bad, it's free." The front desk staff. Where do I begin? One girl was friendly and helpful. The rest of them... so bad. Here's a list.
1. They acted like the shuttle should be some well kept secret. We were going to a hockey game at the Pepsi Center and asked how to get there. The front desk guy sighed and went through various bus routes and taxi costs. Another guest who was near us said, "Why don't you take the shuttle?" When we asked what that was, the guy at the front desk said, "It's a free shuttle that leaves hourly." When my friend asked why he hadn't told us about it, he kind of rolled his eyes and said "You didn't ask." Okay...
2. The shuttle was GREAT. However, when we were at our hockey game, we called and said "The game is over around 9:30... what shuttle should we get?" The guy at the front desk said "The 9 pm shuttle. But make sure you are on the curb at 8:55." We said okay, left the game a half hour early, and stood on the curb. It was a 20 degree night and we stood waiting until 9:45 for the shuttle to come. We called the hotel around 9:30 and asked if they had a way of finding where the shuttle was and they said no. Then they said "You were the last people on the list, so you get picked up last. The shuttle left the hotel at 9 pm, so it probably won't get to you until close to 10." The shuttle is free, again, so I wouldn't have minded waiting, but the fact that they told us to wait at 8:55 when we were last and it didn't even leave the hotel until 9? Ridiculous!
3. I left my cell phone in the room on our first day there. When we were out and about, I realized I didn't have my phone with me. Totally my fault. I used my friend's phone to call the hotel just to see if they could possibly have the housekeeping service check to see if it was on the table. The guy at the front desk said, "I can't just go around looking in your room for something you forgot." I was like "I understand, but is it possible to have housekeeping check?" and he hung up on me. I completely understand if it is against the rules for them to go in the rooms, but was just asking a question, and he was a complete jerk about it and hung up.
The general attitude of the front desk employees was just a lack of caring. It is annoying when you're on vacation and have to deal with incredibly rude people the entire time. I don't think anyone ever smiled or said thank you or said hello/goodbye. If you're working a front desk job, it's part of your JOB to be congenial and welcoming. So while the hotel may have been a "deal" ... it wasn't worth it to be treated so disrespectfully and we would've rather have paid more money for better service.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wyndham, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, HostelBookers, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, HostelWorld, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Ramada Denver Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Inn Downtown Denver Hotel Denver
- Ramada Inn Denver
- Ramada Downtown Denver