“Awesome service, facility & location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #33 of 148 Hotels in Denver
Charlotte NC
“Awesome service, facility & location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2005

My husband and I travel often and we were extremely pleased by our stay at the Westin Tabor Center over the Thanksgiving Holiday! The staff was very friendly and helpful! The lounge in the lobby was comfortable, the breakfast buffet was delicious and the Starbucks inside the hotel was convenient!
Our 14th floor room had a great view, plush bedding and nice furnishings.
I've never seen a hotel have a more perfect location to shopping, dining, night spots, and sporting events!
If that's not good enough for you, while we were there, The Rolling Stones and the NBA LA Clippers were staying at this Westin (yes, we saw them)!
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Denver and we hope to go back soon.

• Stayed November 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Orange County, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2005

My wife, two small kids, and myself stayed here over Thanksgiving weekend. It is very nice and the location is excellent. We received the room we requested with two double beds. Our room looked relatively new, maybe only a few years old, and compared well with some other Westins I've stayed at.

The location of the hotel is excellent. It is right in the downtown area and close to quite a bit of shopping and restaurants. But the best part is the ESPN Zone right next to the hotel, which my kids (and me) really enjoyed.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2005
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2005

My wife and I recently stayed at the Westin Hotel in Denver, Colorado. We received a letter late on the third night of our stay informing us about the planned repair to the water system. We noticed a slight discoloration before but thought it was just our imagination. We were told the water supply would be shut off from 10:00 PM until 5:00AM the next morning. We were not told about the necessary repairs at check in and we were concerned we were not told about any potential health hazards as we had used this water to shower and brush our teeth for two days.

The next morning at 5:00 AM the water was still not on. I checked again at 5:30, 6:00, 6:30 and 7:00 AM and the water was not on. I called the front desk and inquired about the completion of the repairs so I could take my shower and rush off to my very important meeting. No one would or could tell me when the water might be turned on.

At 8:45 AM the water was turned on but it was black in color. When I informed the front desk about the problem I was told to run the water until it turned clear. After an hour-and-a-half the water was still black and I dressed and left for my meeting. After I returned to the hotel I asked to see the manager. I requested a refund for the one day the shower was not available. I was told I would not get a refund because no one else complained! I called the corporate office but I was told customer complaints are handled at the "local level" and there was nothing they could do.

I am no longer a Westin customer.

Somewhere in between a sandwitch
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2005

Well, I give this holtel a 5 in evrything! if you like starwood hotels, if that is your STANDARD, well,this hotel is the BEST pick in denver! RIGHT smak dab next to da mall and shuttle, EVERYTHING closeby, awesome hotel!

• Stayed March 2005
Columbus, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2005

I can't believe the negative reviews I'm reading here. I don't travel often, but when I do, I usually stay at Westin hotels, and the Tabor Center is the nicest one I've stayed in.

The lobby is beautiful, and the desk clerks were extremely helpful, friendly and sociable. We asked one if he had heard of a certain restaurant, and he immediately pulled out a downtown map and showed us how to get there. The woman who booked our room gave us the choice of a regular or corner room; we chose the corner. The next morning, the same woman asked us if we enjoyed the corner room! Great service!

The room was small, but what do you expect for any downtown hotel? The bathroom was perfunctory, but the Heavenly Bed was perfect as usual (the No. 1 reason to stay at Westin).

The location is great for walking down the 16th Street Mall, or for Rockies games. Lots of restaurants within walking distance, including several in mall connected to the hotel building (plus Starbucks in the lobby).

The pool is amazing - half indoors, half outdoors, and located on an upper floor with an incredible view of downtown, the Six Flags amusement park, the football field, and a grand clock tower looming over the pool. Hot tub, too.

I have no unkind words to say about this hotel, and it'll be my first choice if I ever find myself in Denver again.

Stayed September 2005
Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2005

Went to Denver for a Convention and had read alot of reviews about all the Hotels in the Downtown area before I booked my hotel. Came across the Westin Tabor Hotel and there Hevenly Bed & Bath. Thought this would be a great stay and sleepful night. I was wrong the bed was everything but Heavenly (HARD), the bedding was nice but couldn't make up for the HARD bed. It was bad enough that I had to stay at this hotel but I had also talked into two others Stores into staying at the same hotel because of the heavenly bed & bath. Needless to say I'm now the brunt of many jokes. I will never stay at a Westin Hotel again. But this would be a great hotel for someone who likes back support mattress.

Been to The Westin Denver Downtown? Share your experiences!