“CAME TO OUR RESCUE!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 150 Hotels in Denver
Los Angeles, California
“CAME TO OUR RESCUE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My boss and I had checked in while on a business trip, we were issued the wrong keys for the wrong rooms and staff member Adolfo CAME TO THE RESCUE! He happened to be walking by when my boss was very confused by her room accommodation and keys. Thankfully, Adolfo sorted everything out quick enough for us to get to our work meeting!
Yvonne and Rebecca!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Marc B, Manager at The Westin Denver Downtown, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Yvonne R,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! I'm sorry for the confusion to start out with and I'm glad Adolfo was able to assist you. We hope to see you again very soon.

Marc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Stayed here overnight whilst in Denver visiting friends. The location is amazing right next to 16th Street Mall but there seemed to be a lot of homeless people sleeping on the benches around the hotel. The check in process was easy as was the self parking - unusual for a downtown hotel! The room was great but as a previous reviewer said the in room directory is only accessible through the tv!!! The bathroom left a lot to be desired - the water was continually running in the toilet to the point where my husband ended up switching off the water to stop it flushing itself. The shower rail was in danger of falling down at a moments notice - the tile surrounding the rail was broken - how this has been missed is beyond me..
On Sunday morning we went out for breakfast as our reservation stated that we had 2pm checkout. When we came back to the room at noon we were harassed by the housekeeping staff on 2 separate occasions as to why we were still in the room! We left shortly after...
When we mentioned the issues at checkout the employee was very apologetic - I believe we have been comp'ed the parking fee. A great way to make the sour taste a bit sweeter...
Would be prepared to give this hotel a 2nd chance

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear JaneW:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We would like to look further into your concerns. If you would be willing to contact me at marc.blackford@westin.com I would be happy to discuss your experience. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I stayed here a spg platinum and was upgraded to a top floor suite with a balcony with views of the snow cap mountains in the distance! The room was very large with marble bathroom on the floors and walls. Very high end and the location can't be beat! It's in the center of downtown Colorado. Walking distance to everything!

Check in was nice they offered us water and everyone was very nice.
I took them up on the green program that you can earn 1,000 points. Basically you don't let them change your sheets and towels. Well worth it cause I don't change my towels and sheets everyday at my house! I thought that was a no brainer for 3 nights!

If you have a car it will be kind of difficult to park and get too. I recommend not having a car and walk and use the trolly in down town Colorado.

I highly recommend this Westin and it's location.

Stayed May 2014
Dear Trading2000,

Thank you for your SPG loyalty. I'm glad we were able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for participating in making the green choice. We hope to see you again soon.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on a business trip. Overall it is good, however, for every good point there is a slight 'but......' and it is only slight so is more irritating than downright bad.

The location is good for downtown areas, it is right next to the 16th Street Mall - which is not a shopping center but a street full of restaurants and bars. But ...... there are a lot of homeless people in the area around the hotel and my taxi driver explained it was because of the homeless shelter near the hotel. It was not a problem but if you are a woman traveling alone it can be a little alarming. I was only asked for money once, and it was by a couple of teenagers who didn't look homeless. There is a heavy police presence on the 16 St Mall which I guess is supposed to make you feel better but it also makes you wonder why they are necessary.

The hotel has a 'green' policy which is a very good thing. But ..... I arrived after a long flight that had been delayed and I was starving but couldn't find a hotel directory in the room to order room service. I looked everywhere and eventually called the operator and asked if one could be sent to my room but was told as they are a 'green' hotel they don't have directories. Instead if I wanted to order room service I would have to do it through the tv, Whaaat??!! Who knew? So I figured it out and ordered through the tv, however, without that directory i had no idea whether the hotel had restaurants or a gym on the premises. Presumably I could have found the info on the tv but it would have been nice if reception had told me all of this when I checked in.

Going back to the 'green' theme - when I checked in I was told that I could opt to not have my bedding changed daily but I had to let them know now and if i did opt for that service then a $5 voucher to spend on the hotel premises would be left in my room. I opted for that deal but never received the voucher. It is not a biggie but i hate being told something and it doesn't happen.

The beds are very comfortable - I think one of their slogans is the 'Heavenly Bed'. But ....... there was way too much bedding on the bed to the point it was so heavy I had to dismantle it in order to be comfortable and found there was two of everything - 2 duvets, 2 bedcovers etc which was bizarre.

The room itself was large by a lot of hotel standards and so was the bathroom which was quite easily twice the size of some hotels I have stayed at and it had a rain shower. But...... the water pressure was so bad the rain shower was a rain trickle to the point that I could not get the shampoo out of my hair! Foregoing the shower for the bathtub made no difference to the water pressure as it was just a trickle too. I was on the 10th floor so pressure should not have been a problem.

All in all, it is not a 'bad' hotel for a couple of nights but it would have been a better experience if I had been told at reception when I checked in how to order room service, where the gym is, restaurants on site, wifi availability etc etc.

Dear Jas88_12:
Thank you for the feedback on our hotel. We hope you will visit us again soon.

denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

This was my second time in three years staying at this property with my college girlfriends for a mini reunion. We chose the Westin Downtown for the rooftop pool and proximity to many great restaurants and night life. What we didn't know the first time around was that they don't have waitstaff at the pool during the week, so we were forced to order room service to get drinks delivered at the pool, which took over an hour. This time around we brought our own cocktails and it was perfect!! The rooms at this location have always been spotless and crisp white linens make everything thing seem fresh and new. We arrived around 11:30 and and were allowed to check in, which was great as we wanted to enjoy the pool. Perhaps the thing I was most impressed with this time around was that one of my friends left her I-pad in the room and realized after traveling home she had left it, so called the hotel and the security dept. manager called her back and said they had it and would fed-ex it to her at the hotel's expense. Now THAT is some kind of service!!! I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone wanting to enjoy downtown Denver, the service and location really can't be beat!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Marc B, Manager at The Westin Denver Downtown, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
brenda111Denver,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! Glad we were able to send your friends iPad back safely! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights while in town for a convention. Our corner King Room on the 10th floor was clean, spacious and very quiet. The hotel was located within walking distance of many food options, shopping and the Colorado Convention Center. The free 16th St Mall buses were handy and next time we will definitely try the B-Cycles. The Chihuly exhibit at the Denver Botanic Gardens is not to be missed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Marc B, Manager at The Westin Denver Downtown, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Lisa W,

Peru, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Spent a great week in Denver at this hotel....Can not imagine a hotel with a better location....just off of the 16th street mall......and close to many many restaurants......Lodo is a 5 minute walk.... Convention Center a 10 minute walk..... Coors Field 15 minute walk.....Had a patio room, awesome, with a huge patio, and a great view of the mountains.......was even able to check into the room at 7:30 in the morning .....only negative had to do with billing, they made a simple request into a 30 minute ordeal, then when I got back home, discovered that I had been charged for an extra day, one two minute phone call fixed the problem though....would definitely stay here again...

Room Tip: Stayed un a patio room on the Fourth floor, it was awesome, huge patio, great view of the mountains...