“All my worst nightmares of visiting a hotel came true when I visited the Westin Denver.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Denver Downtown

Ranked #22 of 149 Hotels in Denver
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I would like to being by expressing my discontent when staying at the Westin hotel of Denver. Everything was great when we first arrived. The front desk agent Travis helped us out and made our stay enjoyable. This was up until actually being in the room. After a short while of using the iHome device provided to us, a security guard name Stewart (or Stuart?) proceeded to literally stick his finger in my face and shouted "This is how we deal with noise complaints around here!". I was shocked, and violated. I wasn't even safe to relax in my own room without being treated like a five year old child who had just disobeyed his parents. The same fellow proceeded to visit out room again, and tell me that everyone in the room must leave. At this point, everyone in my room was asleep, and there couldn't have been any noise coming out of the room to complain about. He proceeded to talk to me like a child once again, and threatened to call the Denver Police Department as if we were criminals. Why would I be provided an iHome music device, if I wasn't allowed to use it, at reasonable volume? As soon as I arrived home, I see that I was charged for about sixty dollars, and another one for seventy dollars. I booked the room with my SPG points, so the only charge should have been a parking one. I understand temporary holds, but this was an actual charge for something completely wrong that I never actually booked or requested. Stewart specifically made up my mind about your Hotel. When staying at the Element Denver-Park Meadows, and also the Sheraton Downtown Denver, I was never treated in this way. The Westin Denver was the worst hotel experience I have ever had, and I will never be returning. Not to mention, upon arriving to our designated floor, the walls had exposed drywall and uneven paint, as if the building was still under construction. All my worst nightmares of visiting a hotel came true when I visited the Westin Denver.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
JulieR1012, Manager at The Westin Denver Downtown, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you again for your feedback and taking the time to discuss your stay with me on the phone. We care for all of our guests that visit the Westin Denver Downtown and we work to ensure a high quality experience for all of our visitors, while keeping the comfort of all guests in mind. I am happy we were able connect and discuss your stay in detail.
Best,
Marc Blackford, Director of Operations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Everything you would expect from a Westin - excellent hotel. The location is fantastic, as 16th street mall is on the same block. The staff is so helpful, the doorman even took the time to explain how the free mall bus operated. The workout facility is excellent with enough ellipticals and treadmills to accomodate those that want to exercise. Rooms are airy & clean. My room was pretty large; I dont know if it was a standard room or an upgrade. For business travelers - the palm restaurant is on the first floor of the hotel; a great place to take clients to dinner.

Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

The Downtown Westin is a very nice hotel, definitely nicer than others in the area. The location is great, right on the 16th Street mall, at the start of the LoDo area. I ahve stayed in at least two other major, luxury hotels in downtown Denver, and the Westin is much nicer. Rooms are large, with high end amenities. Large, flat screen tvs, free bottled water, a great mini-bar, and comfortable seating areas. Staff was very helpful, and free wifi in the lobby worked with no difficulties. A great selection for business or pleasure trips.

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

This westin is a great location downtown. Parking is available but very expensive, so if you can avoid it, rent a cab. The rooms are very clean, but it felt like the hotel charges for every smallest thing and the WiFi was off and on.

• Stayed October 2012
JulieR1012, Manager at The Westin Denver Downtown, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
We love when our guests provide us excellent reviews such as yours! I will be sure to share this review with our entire staff! We hope to welcome you back soon.
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed 2 nights/3 days for a conference that was in the hotel. I only left the hotel once, but the location was excellent, near plenty of shopping and restaurant options. My room was clean and comfortable, and the bed was very comfortable. I was a little concerned when I read another reviewer's comment that this property was shabby and dated. I think they had the wrong place. My room was very good, as were the floor I stayed on, elevators, public spaces, etc. I was even excited that there were enough convenient, well-located outlets in my room that I was able to charge 4 devices at once. Also the doorman arranged a car to take me to the airport, and it was the same as the cab fare and much less creepy.

Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Typical Westin Hotel, which means great beds and larger, very comfortable rooms. Slept wonderfully in one of those Westin Heavenly beds. Was able to check-in early and check-out a little late, both of which were greatly appreciated.
One minor disappointment...when I checked in the front desk asked me if I wanted a Wall Sreet Journal each morning (as is identified in my Starwood Profile). Never did get one, even after re-verifying with the front desk.

Room Tip: It seemed like even numbered rooms might have a better view of the mountains. Odd numbered the city...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your feedback, I am happy that you enjoyed our guest rooms and our wonderful Heavenly Bed. I apologize that you did not receive the Wall Street Journal as requested and have shared your comments with our front desk leadership. If you would like to interact with me further regarding your experience please feel free to contact me at julie.rhodes@westin.com.
Fridley, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My experience at the Westin Denver Downtown was beyond believe. Their customer service was so fabulous that I would recommend this hotel for any reason for needing a hotel to hosting huge meetings. I would recommend your asking for the following to work with if planning an event there: Tammy Merci, Dan Florescu, Johnny Pocernich, Innocent Muhoza,
Michael Appareti, Mike Pastore, Szilvia V Szocs and Kim Savage. Kim is a hotel manager that I started working with as soon as they accepted my request for a meeting there and followed up with me daily to see what she could help me with until days after our meeting. The others mentioned were at my beckon call, they knew my needs before I did. The hotel actually had recycle containers in all the rooms including sleeping rooms. The beds were so comfortable that I got the best night sleep ever. I would hightly recommend this hotel for any and all of your upcoming needs.

Room Tip: I don't think there was a bad room in the hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your encouraging words! We have passed on the kudos to the staff mentioned, as well as posted your comments for the rest of the hotel to continue to be motivated to take care of great guests such as yourself. We look forward to the next time you can stay with us.

Been to The Westin Denver Downtown? Share your experiences!