“Great weekend in May!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boulder, Colorado
“Great weekend in May!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

Great, clean room. Friendly staff. I was there with my boyfriend. He had plans to go out with college friends, and I had a law exam the following Monday. Upon finding out, Aubrey from the front desk sent up study snacks! So thoughtful.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

I went down for a quick dinner at the bar and much to my surprise, the Westin has two newer bartenders, Andrea and Elizabeth, who really understand customer care. They were attentive to every detail for my tired and weary evening. They even made me a wonderful non alcoholic drink that definitely perked my spirits. Good job Westin, for having two great employees looking after us!

Georgetown, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

Our organization decided to meet in Denver we choose the Westin for the host for our meetings. Bethany and JoLeah in sales went above and beyond to accommodate our meeting needs. The staff was beyond helpful and attentive to our participants, especially Johnny and Lito!! With the help of the Westin staff we had very successful meetings.

Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

We were at the Westin for a conference.The rooms and bathrooms are nice but no refrigerator and the internet access from your room is $ 12 per day! This is also charged if you use their business center computers. Two tips: the internet connection is free in the lobby and (I heard but did not try) in the Starbucks on the street level. We didn't eat here because they are more reasonably priced restaurtants right outside the hotel. The "mountain" view was a stretch!

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

My daughter and I flew to Denver to celebrate my birthday. The first night we were "walked" because the hotel was sold out. They sent us to the beautiful Sheraton just down the street, so we were not troubled by being walked. The next day when we checked in, we were given a room with a view of the mountains, sent a bottle of wine, strawberries, and nuts to snack on with a big apology for "walking" us the night before. On my birthday, two days later, another bottle was sent up to wish me a happy birthday from a wonderful young man working in the breakfast area. Turns out, he is the husband of the wonderful front desk supervisor who sent up the first bottle!! These two know how to make you feel special. Westin is lucky to have such customer service focused folks who know how to make you say "WOW!" We really were treated like rolyalty.

• Stayed April 2011
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

I am the co-chair of a professional association annual conference, and the staff of this hotel is falling all over themselves to be 100% certain our every need is met and then some. When I look up, someone from the hotel is always there, and can direct me to the quickest help. The few times I've had to use my hotel service cell, they answered on the first ring and came running. Szilvia Viktoria Szocs, the Director of Banquets, has been like a third co-chair, making sure set ups are correct, helping us resolve problems, clearly telling us what to watch for, and even going so far as to make a special cocktail, named after our association, in our group's color - purple! Our thanks to everyone on the staff.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

I teach customer service through my company WAYMISH (www.waymish.com) so I pay close attention to it when it is both good and bad.

Tuesday, I was in Denver to address a group of Senior Customer Service Execs from the telecommunications giant, Comcast.

While waiting to give my presentation outside the room in which I would present, I had the pleasure to meet a customer service genius named Lito Hernandez. As I was waiting, Lito and I began to chat while he set up an informal lunch for the participants I was about to address. We talked congenially about all sort of things in the 30 minutes I was waiting.

At some point he asked me if I would like to have something to eat before my group broke for lunch and I had to go in and set up for my presentation. I let him know that I prefer to present without just having eaten, but thanks for the thought.

And then, it got AMAZING and demonstrates how GREAT customer service can, in just a flash, make a customer for life out of a first time visitor.

He then asked me if I would like him to keep some food for me so that I could eat it after. Not wanting to bother this gentleman, I thanked him again and said that I was certain that 60-90 minutes from that point when I was done, he would probably be long gone, lunch broken down, and he on his way to other assignments.

And, then it got AMAZING.

He said that was true, but why didn't I pick out what I liked and he would keep it hot for me in the kitchen so that I could not only eat, but eat the offerings as they were meant to be eaten. . . . hot.

Wow. WOW! When I got out and was saying my good byes, there was Lito standing with a package I could take with me, napkins and utensils all included.

The key to GREAT customer service is taking care of customers. Anticipating their needs and meeting them. And, sometimes even exceeding them.

Bravo Lito, you did all three -- in spades. I salute you and your colleagues. You and Westin get it. It's all about taking care of people!

I told the story to the 50 people in the meeting and will tell thousands more. Not only will it bring me back to the Westin, but it will undoubtedly bring many more customers to the Westin just because of what Lito did. And, that is another benefit to great customer service -- people want to tell their pals about it resulting in even more business.

One suggestion. Make LITO King of Customer Service for Westin. Make him a trainer for everyone else. Recognize and acknowledge him for a JOB VERY, VERY WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!! You will be glad you did.

All the best,
Lee Tomlinson, The WAYMISH Guy.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Been to The Westin Denver Downtown? Share your experiences!