“Great Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Warwick Denver Hotel

You added Warwick Denver Hotel to your Saves list
Warwick Denver Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1776 Grant Street, 2 Minutes From 16th Street, Denver, CO 80203 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Park for a Penny
Ranked #24 of 149 Hotels in Denver
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice over the past year. I booked it initially to go to a Rockies game and it was very reasonably priced for a nice hotel. The hotel exceeded my expectation. Very large room with large tub/shower. The rooftop pool was a fun add on. The staff was exceptionally friendly on both occasions, and on the second visit for a Bronco game I arrived earlier than check in. Not only did I get my room immediately, I was upgraded to a suite! This hotel is not super centrally located, but it is an easy walk to 16th st mall. There is also a B Cycle station one block away so you can rent a bike and pedal anywhere!

Room Tip: I actually prefer the regular room to the suite because the BR is larger and bathroom is en suite...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Eindhoven, Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

One of the best hotel experiences we've ever had. Warwich is near the centre of Denver, and gives the feeling was of a quiet, intimate hotel. It has a friendly and helpful staff.
The room is huge with two big very comfortable beds, flat screen TV, balcony, and nice big bathroom. Good breakfast buffet.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Valley Springs, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed in th Warwick for 3 nights. Chose it bec. it was close to my work-related meeting location. Room was clean, large, and spacious, so I could spread out. Room had 3 phones, including one in the bathroom! Very friendly and helpful staff, and the hotel even has door staff that open the door for you as you enter or exit. Staff called me every morning on time for my wake-up call. Fast and free wireless in my room. Another guest told me he didn't have free wireless, so maybe I got lucky. My 7th floor room had a small balcony, which was cool, as I could see part of Denver. Shower was excellent, as was the water quality. Very elegant hotel interior.

Queen bed was too soft, so I sank into it (and I only weigh 140 pounds) and didn't sleep well any night. I need a firm bed to sleep on. Randolph's Restaurant in the hotel was a bit expensive, and I only found 1 meal I coud eat (a pasta dish) on the short dinner menu. Pasta was excellent, though. I ate at a nearby McDonald's one night just to save money and because I didn't want pasta again. (I had walked several blocks around the hotel, but all the eatery places loked like or were actual bars, were very crowded, and had lots of smokers congregated outside, so I didn't go in these places and went to McD's instead.) Business Center only had 2 computers for a large hotel, and the printer didn't work once, was out of paper another time, and was out of toner another time. Large flat screen TV was nice, but channel surfing was difficult bec. I wasn't familiar with the local channel and wanted to see the TV Channel Guide, so I had to click the remote several times to get to that Guide channel. Small outdoor pool on the top floor. I felt the water; it was somewhat heated, which seems a bit wasteful since it was mid-November.

Overall, it's a very nice hotel; I just wish I had a firmer bed.

Ridgway, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We spent three nights at the Warwick Denver Hotel traveling on business. The Warwick is an older hotel on the edge of downtown Denver. The location is walking distance (that is to say, within several blocks--so not everyone's idea of walking distance) to the convention center, Coors Field, the Denver Art Museum, and loads of great restaurants. The hotel, while a bit out of date, has been well maintained. The rooms are large and have firm, new beds. Our room, which was very reasonably priced, had a balcony and a wonderful city view. One evening, we sat out on our balcony to watch the sunset as we polished off a bottle of wine left over from dinner the night before.
What really got my attention was the staff. They went out of their way to be helpful and friendly. And each day our room was made up perfectly. We do a lot of travel and frequently stay at luxury hotels, but the staff here beat some pretty swanky joints hands down!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a city view.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I wish we could have stayed longer. All the staff are exceptionally helpful. All the rooms are big, light, and have balconies. The breakfast buffet (complementary with our room) is unusually good: thick cut bacon, English sausages, meusli with fresh fruit, nuts, and fresh berries; the coffee is served to the table in an individual thermos carafe. We went for a swim (in November) in the rooftop outdoor pool: lovely views of the entire city, towels and bathrobes available. And all this within walking distance of the main downtown hotels, for less than we would have had to stay at our conference hotel. I felt like we were cheating!

Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed at the Warwick while attending a conference. Stayed there once before several years earlier when my wife joined me for the trip and had a great experience so went back again. Checked in on election day, showed up a bit early but had no problem getting into the room. Room was terrific (well appointed, very comfortable bed, flat screen TV, nice big bathroom). Service was great from everyone involved. Even had a little balcony.

Workout room was small but had the necessities (aerobic equipment, dumbbells, combo weight machine) including water, towels and free oranges (nice touch). They also have a roof top heated pool which is a very nice addition. Had an appetizer and drink at the bar but never used the restaurant, but everyone was nice.

Only two potential down sides. One is the location is a bit of a walk from the main downtown venues (8-10 minutes) but that also meant it was a quieter neighborhood (mid-town). The other is the fee for internet access, which wasn't a surprise but still might annoy some folks.

Overall opinion is that the hotel is on my very good list. I'll stay there again when I go back.

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I travel to Denver a few times each year on business and have typically stayed downtown at the Westin, Hyatt Regency or Sheraton. This time the rates were way up at those hotel and I stayed here for the price they offered. First off, whatever they do to train their front desk staff....they should be given big kudos. They were always friendly, helpful and were great at making suggestions. While the hotel has had a makeover, don't expect luxury or fine finishes. It is modest in the accommodations. The rooms, hallway and lobby are newer and traditional. This hotel was built sometime in the late sixties so the ceilings are low (I'm 6'3), and the sink felt like it was made for children I had to bend so low. But overall, this is a great value. Quiet, comfortable and just around the corner from the newer Uptown restaurants. I was able to walk to the convention center in 20 min. Plus, there is good parking (almost all metered or 2 hour) around the neighborhood which seems to be the new happening area. I probably won't stay here next time, but its due to my own personal preference in accommodations. The reviews about hot water are also true..you need to let it run a good 5 minutes before you get in the shower. Also, the gym on the 15th floor is quite good.

Room Tip: Face downtown or the front of the hotel. There is construction on new condos going on just a block...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Warwick Denver Hotel? Share your experiences!