“Historic Gem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection

You added The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection to your Saves list
The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection
GreenLeadersGold level
Coral Gables, Florida
“Historic Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have stayed at the Brown Palace countless times. Without exception, this hotel is one of the best in the world. Some of the rooms can be small - it is a very old hotel after all - however the rooms have been uniformly well decorated and comfortable. On our last stay, my husband and I had a beautiful double room and we loved our stay. The staff was welcoming and helpful.

Room Tip: The hotel has a large atrium in the center that goes up several floors (I don't remember if it g...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Polish first
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

It is very charming. The lobby is breathtaking and invites you in. I would love to go back to do the afternoon tea service. No time when we went. The rooms are very comfortable and modern despite the old world feeling of the rest of the hotel. Ate at the pub. It was very good, excellent service but a little crowded.

Room Tip: Choose the higher floors for a better view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
McMinnville, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

A wonderful visit with my granddaughter. Spent my wedding nite there 52 years ago. The quality of service and the beautiful hotel remains the same. Hope to return many more times when I visit Denver. Agree the shower was a new addition from last visited probably have stayed 8 or more times in the past 52 years always a great experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We visited this hotel while in town for a concert. Unfortunately some of the exterior was under construction but we never did hear any related noise while in hotel. Staff is genuinely friendly and polite. It was also our anniversary and we were treated to a nice complimentary upgrade. Very spacious room, comfortable beds with high quality linen.

Valet parking is $32 per 24 hr period (can park elsewhere but the in and out privileges made it worthwhile).

Only complaint I had was the lack of quality ( worse them dialup) wifi in the lobby (free). I brought this to the attention of the front desk, they immediately gave me free access to the not typically free In room wifi....works great!

Would definitely return to this hotel

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver Colorado USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Went to The Brown for 3 days for my birthday and had a perfect stay. Now I only live 7 blocks away so i didn’t have to go far so the travel time was awesome. We had a King suite which was incredible and large. I ate at every restaurant and drank at every bar and everything was fantastic. The center atrium is amazing and the staff goes out of their way to make for a grand experience. I would definitely recommend to anyone staying in Denver or just looking for a Stay-Cation close to home.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

As a Platinum Elite Marriott member, I was excited to stay at this Autograph Collection Hotel. I stay 200+ nights a year in hotels and it was hands down one of the nicest stays I have ever had.

The Hotel:

It is an extremely historic property that is immaculately maintained.

Service:

The Valet and Bellhop were very professional and friendly.
The front desk attendants were very helpful and really seemed to care.

Platinum Recognition:

Upgraded from a Deluxe King to a Palace Suite
Breakfast Vouchers for a Fantastic Restaurant in the Hotel
2 Flutes of Champagne for my Girlfriend and I at Check-In
500 Points as Platinum Amenity

The Rooms:

I was upgraded (Platinum Recognition) to a King Corner room. It was an accessible shower (which I do not prefer) so I requested to be switched. A front desk attendant met me at my room with another set of keys and showed me my other option. They went that extra mile to make sure I was not inconvenienced--I did not have to go down to the front desk, etc...

They offered me the "Palace Suite" room, which had a non-accessible shower with 5 shower heads.

They sent someone to gather our belongings and bring them to our new room.

The room was perfect--Stately furniture in excellent condition, with new, high quality fixtures.

Modern touches like a one-cup coffee machine, iPod Dock, and Plasma TV do not feel out of place with the decor.

Nothing was broken or dirty, or seemed old. I was nervous, though, as some "Historic" hotels have dated bedding, furniture, carpet, and feel dark and antique. This was NOT the case.

SUMMARY:
If you are spending a weekend in Denver, stay at the Brown Palace. The staff, including Ryan and Brandt will definitely make it a trip to remember.

Room Tip: King Corner Rooms are Large. Windows are thick so even rooms on lower level are very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed for one night while in Denver for a family function. We used our Marriott points for this great hotel. Everything about our stay was first class. We loved the historic architecture and the room was perfect. Quiet and beautifully appointed. Great towels and luxurious bedding. The shower was awesome. A great place to stay in the heart of downtown.

Room Tip: Even though this is an atrium hotel, the room was very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family