“Wonderful Mini-Vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection

You added The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection to your Saves list
The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection
GreenLeadersGold level
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
“Wonderful Mini-Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My wife and I got away for a night, and had a wonderful time! We were treated with such kindness, as if we were the only guests in the hotel. Brown Palace's people exemplified service from our arrival to our departure - every response to our thanks was "My pleasure."

Special thanks to Shey Albright for a magnificent spa experience for my wife and me.

Room Tip: We had a standard queen room, a lot of elegance for a reasonable price (military discount). It was...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
BPManager, General Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Nothing gives us greater pleasure than when we receive such glowing remarks regarding our staff's service. We're very happy to know our team had helped to make your stay exceptional and appreciate your taking the time to recognize their service, and Shai in particular.

We will be awaiting our next opportunity to provide you with another enjoyable mini getaway!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Polish first
Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We spent 3 nights at the Brown Palace in Denver, traveling with friends to see the Van Gogh exhibition at the Denver Art Museum. The Brown PAlace is one of those special "old" hotels that continue to delight the traveler. We had a few problems: High Tea was so popular that we had trouble finding a place to sit for cocktails before dinner, our room was smaller than we would have liked. The biggest problem was housekeeping--coffee supplies and bathroom amenities were not replenished as they should have been in a hotel with its reputation. After I stated so in the check-out comments, I got a telephone call a few days later from a very concerned housekeeping director who apologized profusely, thanked me for bringing it to their attention, and promised to check with ALL her housekeepers to find out just what was going on. We will certainly consider staying there when we return for art exhibitions: the location is perfect for the art museum.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
BPManager, General Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
We're delighted to know you were able to enjoy a recent stay with us while taking in the Van Gogh exhibit at the Denver Art Museum.

I was disappointed to read, however, that our Housekeeping service fell short of the quality we are known for and strive to provide. I am pleased to know that our Director of Housekeeping had contacted you immediately to personally address your concerns once she was made aware of them. We appreciate the feedback you had provided, which allows us the opportunity to correct any training issues in order to ensure a flawless experience for all of our guests.

We are greatly looking forward to your return!
Hayward, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

It is nearly impossible to find a place in the US to have a true tea and they do. It was magical for my Great Grandmother and all the family women to gather and experience a true tea! Small delicious treats, finger sandwiches, delicious hot poured tea, a harp played by a musician in the background as you watch! Wonderful, elegant, and delicious!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
BPManager, General Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
We're thrilled to know that several generations of your family had a most enjoyable Afternoon Tea experience with us recently.

We're proud to serve decadent pastries, scones and assorted tea sandwiches fresh from our bakery alongisde authentic Devonshire cream. Our tea has become a long-standing tradition here at The Brown and we would be honored to have you as our guests again!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I so love this place. I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to be able to get up in the middle of the night and have a glass of tap water; make coffee in the morning without having to find a convenience store, or just take a shower. beautiful beautiful yummy water. OK aside from that - this place is solid old school. I arrived at about 11pm, and was starving! I went down to the pub and there was a guy playing piano playing requests and the place was FULL of people wanting to sing their favorite songs. It was a riot. I ate my burger and fries, chatted with various bar mates and sang along with some wonderful and talented people. I don't think this kind of thing happens at the Sheraton.

My room was comfortable, not the best I've had for the price, but it was very clean and I felt safe and secure. There can be a bit of noise from the rotunda (I stayed there halloween weekend) but it was quiet after 9 or 10. It didn't bother me. I have to give them props for just keeping it real.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
BPManager, General Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience.

We're very pleased to know you enjoyed your stay and that you especially appreciated the artesian water throughout the hotel. The Arapahoe Aquifer has been supplying The Brown Palace with the purest water since opening day.

We're also glad you had the opportunity to enjoy Ship Tavern's impromptu entertainment one evening. It would be a pleasure to have you as our guest again soon!
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa as a family to celebrate my wife's birthday and our anniversary. From check in to check out, we were delighted at every turn: the desk clerk specifically asked if we were celebrating a special occasion, and upon learning about ours, had a nice note and bottle of champagne delivered to our room. When we came back from running a 5K the next morning at City Park in Denver, the staff had hot chocolate sent up to our room. From the engaging conversations with the staff, to the well-appointed accommodations, this was an experience that we will hold with fond memories--primarily because of the wonderful ways we were treated! Kudos to the staff at The Brown Palace!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
BPManager, General Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for choosing The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa to celebrate both your anniversary and your wife's birthday!

We are thrilled to know that the special and personalized touches provided by our staff ensured your celebrations with us would be especially memorable. I know our team will be very happy to read your kind remarks regarding your experience.

We hope you will come visit us again soon!
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I've been to MANY spas in the Denver area and this spa is by far my favorite. The atmosphere is so luxurious, but the staff are what keep me coming back. I've had 2 facials, a body wrap and a massage. For my facials I first had Shea, who also has worked on my mom and brother, she is a sweetheart, so kind and friendly and really takes her time massaging my face and listening to my skin concerns. The second aesthetician I had, Amy, was absolutely phenomenal. She catered the whole facial to my needs, gave me the best massage I've ever had during a facial and even went over on my time to make sure I had the best experience. My skin was so soft and supple afterward and the spots where she had to do extractions weren't all inflamed and sore. I wish I could remember the girls at the front desk as well but they are also very kind and always willing to switch or help with my scheduling dilemmas when I have multiple appointments. I love love love the customer service here. They are wonderful. It is a bit pricey but this is the only place I will go to for my skin. Absolutely worth it. Thanks ladies! -Ashley R.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
BPManager, General Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
We are very pleased to read that all of your Spa experiences with us, including your family's, have always been truly pampering and enjoyable.

I know Shai and Amy will be very happy to receive your kind words regarding their professionalism and intuitive service. We look forward to welcoming you back for another rejuvenating treatment very soon!
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed overnight to see the Nutcracker and just relax. The check-in upgraded us to a 9th floor room, which could not have been more delightful. On the opposite side from the bathroom, separated by a wood-floored foyer, was a little dressing table area with a large closet. A lighted makeup mirror and little upholstered bench made it nice for me to get ready, and the bath and room were both lovely. Turn-Down service had happened while we were out; pillows were fluffed up, soft music was playing, and chocolates were waiting for us. Oh yes, almost forgot--because we were guests, they squeezed us in for Holiday High Tea before the Nutcracker, and that tea was booked up until early January. Next day we had lunch in the dining room, where my husband's lobster BLT and my salad Nicoise were both wonderful!
Overall, we were just so pleased, and plan to return next year.

• Stayed December 2012
BPManager, General Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
It was a pleasure to have you and your husband as our guests recently for a memorable weekend in the city.

We are grateful for your kind words regarding your experience, and in regards to the room accommodation and dining in particular. We're pleased to know you intend to make this an annual tradition and look forward to welcoming you both back!