“Dont be fooled by the 'free airport shuttle'” 2 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #70 of 148 Hotels in Denver
Orange, California
“Dont be fooled by the 'free airport shuttle'”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I originally booked this Hotel as there was a free airport shuttle and free breakfast. I had already called ahead to understand what the process was on arrival at Denver airport. It sounded very easy. As soon as you land,call the front desk who will advise which side/level to wait at, which we did. 20 minutes went by, no shuttle. I called the hotel again only to be told that the shuttle was on its way back to the airport so it would be another 20 minutes. After waiting 45 minutes I called the hotel again. Same story. After waiting over an hour, there was also another party in the same situation, we decided to get a cab and split the cost between us. the one way cab fare was $50!! As soon as we got to the hotel we asked to speak with the Manager as by now we were quite upset. Allegedly he wasn't available. Next thing was the ATM didn't work which was embarrasing as now we had a cab to pay for! The first nights sleep was frequently interrupted by the sound of a train horn! The hotel is located on a busy road which included a train crossing. The next morning breakfast was terrible! There were not nearly enough tables/chairs and I saw people standing around to eat. The food was awful! Sausage barely cooked, tasteless scrambled egg and biscuits and gravy! There were also cereal, bread and pastries but the selection was limited to say the least! We had already decided by then to rent a car and to eat out as we couldn't risk being late for our flight back home if we had to rely on a very unreliable shuttle service!! Thankfully we only stayed 2 nights in total.Trying to be fair, I think the rooms themselves had been revamped but the rest of the place was very old and tired!! I complained again at checkout to recieve the standard 'Im sorry about that". I even had an email exchange with the Manager when I got home, he offered me a discount on any future stay- really, would I ever want to go back after that? NO

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
SteveMora, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Denver Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank You for your comments on your recent stay with BEST WESTERN PLUS Denver Hotel. I want to begin by apologizing for the issues you had with the proximity airport shuttle, ATM machine and Breakfast.
That our staff did not immediately work to resolve your situation is unacceptable. We have encouraged and empowered our staff to address guest's issues immediately and to not refer our guests to a "manager" to resolve our guest's issues. We have since renewed our expectations and offered new guidelines to our team members on how we would prefer to have them respond to any guest inconvenience.

The hotel was completely renovated in 2010 and we would hope that our guests would appreciate that each improvement made to our hotel might not agree with every guest's palette. Our intention is that our guests would be rewarded with a very clean, comfortable, and relaxing guest experience. I personally would like to welcome you for a return visit, to our hotel. I believe that we can extend the level and nature of relaxation you would expect from your lodging choice. I am certain that our continuing efforts to improve and exceed each guest's experience will be felt on any return visit to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Denver Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Cheyenne Wy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Because there was not enough parking in the lot, I had to park up to 3 blocks away and walk to the hotel, and then I received a $125 ticket for parking on the street, and my car was broken into and towed. I was also placed in a room next to the Ice Machine which was loud and obnoxiously filling up and dropping ice all night long, making it a very sleepless 2 night stay. I will not be staying at that facility again in the future.

Room Tip: Do not get a room by the Ice Machine if you want to actually SLEEP.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

Good clean rooms, friendly staff, but no restaurant! After a long flight from England we fancied something to eat and drink. This hotel has no restaurant and we were directed to a shabby looking empty Mexican restaurant just along the street, we gave it a miss! Breakfast was adequate.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
SteveMora, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Denver Hotel, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
I am very sorry that the hotel did not meet your expectations. As a BEST WESTERN PLUS property, may I help you to understand the BW Descriptor program which assists our guests in understanding what to expect when they arrive at either a BW, BW PLUS, or BW Premier property. A BW is the same great product that you have enjoyed for years. It is usually a 2 Diamond property with specific BW mandated amenities. A BW PLUS is a 3 Diamond Property with upgraded amenities and services. Our BW Premier Hotels are full service properties, with restaurants, lounges and 24 hour a day valet Services. I would have hoped that our staff would have referred you to one of the dozens of dining outlets, just across the street and in our own neighborhood. Fast food, casual dining, buffet, all the way to fine dining, right across the street from the hotel.

I would ask that if you return to Denver, that you offer our hotel another opportunity to WOW you and to exceed your lodging expectations. Take Care.

Orange, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stopped in Ft. Collins to log on to Internet to look for a room in Denver. During our recent travels, we had seen several Best Western Plus Hotels that looked wonderful so we decided to try Denver. The one we decided on (Quebec Street) looked lovely and sounded delightful - what a croc. The worst place we have ever stayed. It is NOT a Plus. The only thing this hotel had going for it was the staff - they were extremely nice and friendly.

Room Tip: My tip is: Do NOT stay here.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
I am very sorry that our property did not meet your expectations while you were in Denver. You were not specific regarding what property issues disappointed you. I am working to improvement the property and our staff to address and anticipate our guest's needs. I hope that you might offer us another opportunity to provide the type of quality lodging experience that you are seeking. Take Care
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

It is a nice hotel in a good location. I only stayed a night but they took me to the airport for free. And told me I could get a shuttle all over during my stay. The rooms were nice. You could tell that the place had renovations but it still was a quality hotel. Breakfast had eggs, sausage, cereal, pastries, coffee, juice, biscuits and gravy, They were repaved They were repaving the parking lot but there was still parking in the rear and on the side. The only thing that wasn't good was the pool had a mixup of chemicals and was closed.

• Stayed August 2012
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Did alot of looking before choosing this hotel. The room was big and clean. The free breakfast was great. The pool was warm. So many things to give them an A+. The staff were friendly and helpful. Free shuttle to several attractions. This was definitely the biggest bang for the buck.
Close to downtown. Stayed five nights here. Made me decide to check out other Best Westerns when travelling.

Room Tip: Call the hotel direct you'll get a better rate.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Kind of far from Downtown. The hotel provide transportation to the airport every hour on the hr. if we have appointment. If you get to the airport, call the hotel, expect to wait for while ( We have to wait for 50 minutes. Also tell the staff what side you are waiting (Red or Blue)
The hotel also provide shuttle to downtown every 90 minutes if they had some one schedule. Therefore, organize you time well, otherwise, you have to wait for more than an hrs... too long to wait...
(Ask the hotel for specific schedule time)

The Hotel look dark and old color wall, rug, and linen. I wish they change to different color. It is depressing to me.
My room have refrig and microwave, it if convenience for me.
The breakfasts are good. Nice to make my own waffer. Make sure don't go late, will be many people then you have to wait for the table, the food... It is nice with coffer and tea in the lobby and several table.
The staffs at this hotel were accomodating,
Also If you don't one to pay for the safety deposit box, Make sure to tell them at the time fo check out.
Infront of the hotel is the mall with walmark and # stores, you can walk to there easy.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Denver Hotel? Share your experiences!