“Average Hotel, Decent Price, Ok Location” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #71 of 148 Hotels in Denver
Fort Worth, Texas
“Average Hotel, Decent Price, Ok Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We booked this hotel for a family reunion trip. It wasn't close to the location of the reunion, but we were sold on the fact that it was close-ish to the airport, had an airport shuttle, and there were 3 car rental locations within walking distance if we needed a car.

I got a great price on Hotwire, probably one of the cheapest places in town, as downtown hotels were going to cost almost triple and did not provide airport shuttle service. Considering the lower price of other locations around the area, I was happy to take what I could get from this place, but I still expected some basic amenities (which they did have)

The bed was actually VERY comfortable, and we slept very well both nights we were there. No complaints about the room in general. The floors weren't "moist or sticky" like other reviewers said. We did have one small water bug in our bathroom, but it went away without any problems, and Im not overly concerned about such a small creature. Most hotels have the bathroom essentials, such as soap, shampoo and conditioner. They had these, but they were in "pumps" attached to the walls, which I was somewhat taken aback by. I didnt use them as I had my own items, but I definitely wouldnt have used them if I didnt have my own. Just seems strange.

There is only one plug in the bathroom, so for women like me who like to have their curling irons heating up while they dry their hair, its not going to happen. Its not a huge inconvenience, but something to note.

Breakfast was actually pretty good. Scrambled eggs, bacon and biscuits and gravy. There was a short lull in the biscuits being restocked, but overall, it was hot, free and tasty.

My ONLY concern is the shuttle service. It arrived in a timely fashion (approximately 25 minutes from the time we called.) The hotel is about 20 minutes from the airport, so consider the time it takes a shuttle to get there and drop other passengers off. If you want them quicker, consider calling them as soon as you get off the plane to allow yourself time to grab your bags etc. However, my concern lies in the way the driver drove the shuttle. It was erratic, over the speed limit, and at times scary. Two people honked at the driver because the bus swayed over into the other drivers lane.

The location is good if you are looking to go downtown. The hotel offers a shuttle service to the downtown area (check with them for the specific schedule). Although we didn't use this service, it was about a $20 cab ride downtown. Not too bad. We also rented a car from the Hertz close-by as we wanted to explore outside of the immediate area.

The A/C works, the hot water was hot, the faucets work, the TV worked, and overall it was an average experience. Feel free to ask me any questions you may have :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Euless, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

How Can this Hotel to get BEST WESTERN PLUS ???

The Staff is not responsive because they have issue msising some guest from airport; wait about 15-20 minutes. nobody even talk to us. finally got key,get in elevator. it is out of dated elevator,floor is bad. wait to get on fourth floor, the floor carpet is worst I have seen in hotel. it like dump. it like cheap Motel . fitness room is small without air,only have 4 to 5 equipments; it has only 1 ice machine,it is located first floor. how is that? room is really small,bathroom is smaller. only breakfast is ok.

I will not recommend to anybody even consider this hotel. it is DUMP.

Room Tip: no good room here
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
SteveMora, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Denver Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
I am sorry that the hotel did not meet your expectations. Allow me to clear up some points that you made. The elevators were completely remodeled in the 2012 property renovation. There are three ice machines located on various floors. I am sorry that you may not have been able to locate them. The fitness center was refitted with all new equipment in the renovation. I would like to thank you for your comments. They will assist me in directing corrective actions to those areas that do not meet our guests’ expectations.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

The staff was nice and the room was clean. The so called fitness center was stiffling hot and the equipment was not maintained. The AC system in the building was inadequate. They ran out of food at breakfast and told me the ovens were slow. The GM was suppose to call me, 2 days later he still had not called. I spoke to the Deitra another manager and she told me there was really nothing she could do for me because my rate was already discounted. Can you imagine????? Finally Steve the GM called on Sunday...appologized. He did discount my 4 night stay to my satisfaction. None of these issues were a surprise to the staff.
I will be back in Denver in a few months and guaranteed I will not patronize this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
I am sorry that the hotel did not meet your expectations. The building ac was functioning, but when guests leave the exterior windows open and the hall way door open, the ac may have difficulty in keeping the fitness room itself cool. During the time of your stay, one of our ovens did malfunction and was replaced the next day. I am sorry if this delayed your morning meal. I am even more sorry that you did not receive the voice mails that I had left for you in your room in the first two days. I was glad that we had a chance to discuss your issues and glad that I could offer a suitable accommodation to you. I hope that you might decide to offer this property another opportunity to exceed your demands.
Valley City, North Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I usually get annoyed when reviewers bad-mouth places, and try to give the benefit of the doubt, but I can't do that here. Spent 3 nights at this Best Western with my boyfriend. Usually Best Western is a solid name for quality but this place needs a little work. The breakfast area was complete chaos each morning, which could be corrected by extending the hours of the breakfast one hour, since everyone was scrambling to get food by 9am (which meant not much for selections). The rooms are nice, and I love the soap/shampoo/lotion dispensers instead of the normal little bottles most hotels have. Beds were comfortable, TV was nice but limited channels, unless you know Spanish. 2 biggest annoyances I had - the toilet overflowed once and everytime you flushed it took several minutes to finish. My boyfriend did not like how the room service came around at 8am and knocked on the door 3 times within a half an hour. We were awake but it certainly was not relaxing (or romantic). The ice machine was outside our door (not in a separate hall or room) and people seemed to need ice at 5am. Kind of noisy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the ice machine. And once you get to the room, try flushing the toilet rig...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Denver Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for contacting me on the day of your departure. I am sorry about the early morning interruption. Usually, if there was a Do Not Disturb sign, the staff will not know so early. My apologies. .
Nevada City, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Great location W United training center in walking distance, could walk 2 walmart, northfield mall, with the shuttle to pick up from airport and drop off I save on renting the car.
Breakfast, pool and fitness corner make it easy to stay busy with other activity @ hotel.

Room Tip: East face the busy street which i don't mind with balcony i like to observe traffic, shopping ma...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Hasty, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

Very clean, comfortable, and I really enjoyed my stay here. Staff were very friendly and helpful. This is an example for other motels to achieve!

• Stayed July 2012
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

Stay away! VERY DIRTY! Best Western should be embarrassed to be associated with this independently owned hotel. I always stay at best westerns and i have never encountered such horrible conditions in any of their other hotels. Breakfast was either cold, undercooked, or stale. Rude staff, came back to my room at about 2:30pm and there were 2 housekeepers in my room. One of which was USING MY BATHRROM!!!! AND SHE WASN'T JUST PEEING ... #2 BTW!! GROSS!!!! Never will i ever stay at this hotel ever again! We had to sleep with the bathroom light on beacause we were worried about stepping on the bugs in our room. Found some kind of beetle/cockroach bugs in our shower, shoes and closet. Tub water didn't drain. I would have checked out sooner but we were in town for a softball tournament along with about 800 other teams. Made the res throuh AAA and prepaid for it in march. Would not have been able to find another hotel at such late notice. Again, STAY AWAY!!!

• Stayed June 2012
I would like to Thank You for taking the time to submit a comment on your recent stay. I have recently been asked to take over the management of this BEST WESTERN PLUS property and your comments will assist me in identifying property deficiencies that I will need to address. I assure you that this was an anomaly and that the issues that you mentioned will all be addressed and resolved.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Denver Hotel? Share your experiences!