The Hotel and view were very nice. That is about the end of the positive stuff. We got a great deal through Hotels.com. We arrived at about 5pm and walked to the reception area where we encountered a host at a kiosk. He was very scripted, talked fast and did not make any eye contact. He was friendly but very mechanical. We did not feel welcomed.
Our first impression of the room was nice. We had a nice view from our 9th floor room. The first thing we saw in our room was two water bottles with a tag saying that they cost $2.50 to drink. Wi Fi on our smart phones was free but only for the lowest service. You could upgrade to premium service for a cost of $5-15. We turned on the TV (Entertainment system) to find that it was interactive with the hotel. You could access TV, movies, room service, area activities, etc with a mouse. There were limited channels but you could upgrade TV service for $15. Also, to access the free movies you had to pay $15. For paid movies, you still had an additional cost on top of that. Room service was very expensive and we did not use it; $15 for a burger and fries plus $3 for delivery.
The room was noisy. You could hear water running, doors closing, etc. I could hear the guy next door peeing in his toilet. We won't hold the hotel responsible for some guy in the hallway yelling and cussing in the middle of the night. The bed was decent. The sheets were rough and came un-tucked easily
Parking cost $10 and it was charged to our card as an incidental. However, My card was charged $50.
So, we will not be going to this hotel again nor would I recommend it to others. We stayed in a Candlewood Suites the night before and had a much better experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An architecturally stunning hotel, featuring a 12-story atrium lobby with sleek modern guestrooms and public spaces with lots of natural light, and designed with warm wood and stonework details complementing Colorado's organic landscape. Just a short distance from both downtown and Denver International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Hotel Denver
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Denver
- Hyatt Denver