I stayed at this Hyatt for a conference in November 2013. The most important thing to note is that this hotel is NOT in Denver - it's a good 25 minutes south (with no traffic), and in very much a suburban/corporate area. Traffic is terrible in Denver, so just don't be under the illusion that you'll be spending much time in downtown Denver if staying here. All that being said, if you're here for a conference at the hotel, it's fantastic.
The hotel seems like it's absolutely brand new, but I was told by the staff that it has just been completely renovated. Everything is extremely modern, bright, tasteful and clean, and the friendliness and customer service level is wonderful. The check-in process was the fastest I have ever experienced, which after a day of travelling, I very much appreciate.
The king room was very nice, spacious, with a mini-fridge, coffee maker, flat screen TV and nice desk area facing the mountain view where i was able to get plenty of work done. Bed and bedding were comfortable, and I particularly appreciated the feather pillows.
I didn't love having to park in a parking garage and then walk back to the hotel, which took up a bit of time every time I needed my car - but I understand that space restrictions probably necessitated this plan.
I also wasn't thrilled with the room service selections - I found lunch options to be particularly limited, and would have loved the chance to order a sandwich. We all know that room service food is extraordinarily expensive, but the portions here were so comically small (I received the smallest steak I've ever seen in my life) that the value for the money seemed poor. I did not dine at the restaurant, as it had the same high prices and limited options as the room service menu.
On the plus side, the indoor pool, hot tub and fitness area, all located in an atrium, were beautiful and really helped me to balance out the "work side" of this trip! The pool is one of the bigger hotel pools I've seen, and nice and warm, and the hot tub was lovely after a long day (although I'm still confused as to why the jets point UP instead of OUT - this made it very "splashy"). The fitness area was also one of the better ones I've seen at a hotel, and I was able to get my cardio (on the treadmill) in as well as weights (with both machines and free weights).
Overall, I was pleased with the Hyatt Regency Denver Tech - a sleek, modern hotel with comfortable rooms and great customer service. I would recommend it for any business travelers coming to the area for a conference.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An architecturally stunning hotel, featuring a 12-story atrium lobby with sleek modern guestrooms and public spaces with lots of natural light, and designed with warm wood and stonework details complementing Colorado's organic landscape. Just a short distance from both downtown and Denver International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Hotel Denver
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Denver
- Hyatt Denver