“Great Business Hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 148 Hotels in Denver
Seattle, Washington
“Great Business Hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I stayed at this Hyatt for a conference in November 2013. The most important thing to note is that this hotel is NOT in Denver - it's a good 25 minutes south (with no traffic), and in very much a suburban/corporate area. Traffic is terrible in Denver, so just don't be under the illusion that you'll be spending much time in downtown Denver if staying here. All that being said, if you're here for a conference at the hotel, it's fantastic.

The hotel seems like it's absolutely brand new, but I was told by the staff that it has just been completely renovated. Everything is extremely modern, bright, tasteful and clean, and the friendliness and customer service level is wonderful. The check-in process was the fastest I have ever experienced, which after a day of travelling, I very much appreciate.

The king room was very nice, spacious, with a mini-fridge, coffee maker, flat screen TV and nice desk area facing the mountain view where i was able to get plenty of work done. Bed and bedding were comfortable, and I particularly appreciated the feather pillows.

I didn't love having to park in a parking garage and then walk back to the hotel, which took up a bit of time every time I needed my car - but I understand that space restrictions probably necessitated this plan.

I also wasn't thrilled with the room service selections - I found lunch options to be particularly limited, and would have loved the chance to order a sandwich. We all know that room service food is extraordinarily expensive, but the portions here were so comically small (I received the smallest steak I've ever seen in my life) that the value for the money seemed poor. I did not dine at the restaurant, as it had the same high prices and limited options as the room service menu.

On the plus side, the indoor pool, hot tub and fitness area, all located in an atrium, were beautiful and really helped me to balance out the "work side" of this trip! The pool is one of the bigger hotel pools I've seen, and nice and warm, and the hot tub was lovely after a long day (although I'm still confused as to why the jets point UP instead of OUT - this made it very "splashy"). The fitness area was also one of the better ones I've seen at a hotel, and I was able to get my cardio (on the treadmill) in as well as weights (with both machines and free weights).

Overall, I was pleased with the Hyatt Regency Denver Tech - a sleek, modern hotel with comfortable rooms and great customer service. I would recommend it for any business travelers coming to the area for a conference.

Room Tip: I recommend an upper floor with a mountain view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Michael V, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
To our guest from Seattle,

Thank you for your thorough overview of your stay. We greatly appreciate your time and your feedback!

We’re glad to see that overall you enjoyed your stay and the amenities that we offer.

I will share your comments regarding our room service options to our culinary team for review as well as your comments on our spa jets and have them reviewed.

Once again, thank you so very much for your time and for allowing us to be of service. Please do not hesitate to let us know if we can be of service in assisting with future plans when you return to the greater Denver area.

Kind Regards,

Michael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Michigan, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

While staying at the Hyatt Regency, Denver Tech Center, in Denver CO (Oct 30-Nov 3, 2013), I had initiated a complaint against housekeeping for entering my room while I was in there and the do not disturb card was in the lock. I was not satisfied with the response and asked to have the hotel manager call me when I spoke to the Housekeeping Manager (Tammy?) on Monday or Tuesday.
On Saturday, I was working in my room. I had the DoNotDisturb card in my door, and the chain on the door. My door opened, and the chain caught it. I was angry and yelled that I had the DND in the door, and why were they entering. A short time later I double checked to make sure the card was still in the lock as there had been kids running up and down the hall multiple times. The card was still in the lock. I saw a card on the floor inside my door that mentioned something about my privacy. When I left to go to my banquet, I went down to the front desk to get an explanation about why this person would enter my room when I had the DoNotDisturb card in the lock. The person at the front desk said he would check with housekeeping and let me know. I had not heard anything so I stopped at the desk when I returned about 1030-11pm. He indicated that the housekeeping manager had spoke to the housekeeper who said she was not in my room, but that she left a card under the door because I had the privacy card in the lock. I reminded him that I was in the room at the time and that someone did in fact enter my room. The guy at the desk indicated if I wanted, I could request a lock interrogation check to see who entered. Obviously I wanted to know who was in my room. I received a call about midnight that indicated the housekeeper was in fact in my room. I told the guy I wanted to speak to the manager. The housekeeping manager called me and said she received the results, and confirmed that the person had told her she did not enter my room and was surprised that the report confirmed she in fact was in my room. She indicated someone would speak to the housekeeper about this the following day when she returned. The housekeeping manager called me back the next evening and said the housekeeper was off for the next four days, but that HR would probably contact her and have her come in.
I received a call I believe on Tuesday from the housekeeping manager who said HR called the housekeeper in and spoke to her. The results were that the housekeeper told them that she had in fact entered the room, that I indicated I wanted privacy, and so she left until a later time, and when she returned, saw the card in the door, and slid a card under the door.
When I reminded the housekeeping manager of the previous discussions that this person initially said she did NOT enter my room because of the card in the door, and it wasn't until the lock interrogation check was done that she finally admitted she was in there.
Tammy's response was that it was out of her hands and that HR had the file and they would probably have to keep an eye on her.
In my years as a police officer, I would never accept that response from the housekeeper, and would inquire further.
The housekeepers responses were not consistent, and were dishonest. I was shocked to hear that HR would "probably have to keep an eye on her",or that "it's out of my hands".
I guess I did not realize that if I was staying at a hotel such as the HYATT REGENCY, I would not be able to feel safe and secure in my room. Nor did I realize that when I read the postings around the room that state the hotel is not responsible for lost or stolen articles that it may actually be because of their own housekeeping crew.
I can assure you, it was very unsettling, and did not make for a decent night sleep my last night there.
If Hyatt is going to choose to employ people that are dishonest, and do not follow company policy about not entering guest rooms when they are clearly marked for privacy, I guess their standards are well below mine. And, if they choose to continue to employ people that provide inconsistent stories about entering someones room when they shouldn't be, their standards are well below mine.
The housekeeper entering my room was unacceptable. The end response by Hyatt Regency personnel when able to confirm she was not being honest, was unacceptable. Not getting a call from hotel manager, was unacceptable.
As a guest in the Hyatt Regency hotel, I should be able to expect that I will be just as safe in their hotel as I am in my own home.
Would the responses be different if this happened to the CEO of Hyatt?

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel that will work to ensure they have honest employees and will get rid of the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Michael V, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
To our guest from Michigan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with regards to your room. My sincere apologies for the concerns regarding a staff member opening the door to your guestroom. Certainly safety and security are critical and we’ll continue to follow up with the appropriate staff members.

Again, thank you for providing a very detailed account. We will be addressing accordingly.

Casper, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Beautiful hotel with exceptional interactive gadgets and internet speeds. It was my send place to stay in Denver but the quality was incomparable. great customer care, clean spacious rooms, great interactive gadgets with exceptional connectivity speeds

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Michael V, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
To our valued guests from Casper!

Thank you so much for your kind words. I’ll look forward to sharing your feedback with our team members.

We’re so glad to see that you enjoyed your visit and found our staff and facilities accommodating to your needs.

We do hope to have you visit in the future and extend any assistance if needed!

Safe Travels,

austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I have been travelling to the Denver Tech center often the last few months and this hotel is clearly the BEST option in the market. The other hotels are no where close to the quality and style of this hotel. ABSOLUTELY worth the small additional cost for real luxury in the Denver Tech Center

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
To our frequent guest from Austin,

Thanks so much for your kind remarks. We’re pleased to see that you have enjoyed your visits and look forward to welcoming you back!

Please do not hesitate to let us know how we may be of assistance in future plans or if we can do anything to make your stay more enjoyable.

Best,

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stayed here on a recent trip with my boyfriend, and we loved this hotel. All the staff was very accommodating and polite, and although the hotel was swarming with a MileHiCon convention, we did not hear a sound from our room. The bed was beyond heavenly, and the room was spotless. We had drinks in the bar one night during our stay, and we found them to be reasonably priced and well made. There is a coffee shop on-site with quite a selection of juices, pastries, and other snacks, which was very convenient. This place was central to all of our destinations during our trip, and it was so nice to look out the window and see all the fall-colored trees with the snow-covered Rockies in the background. This was such a great trip and we will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Choose a high floor for a better view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you to our guest from Las Vegas!

We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and pleased to see that our staff helped you to feel welcomed.

Fall is a great time of year with the changes of color and the contrast of the mountains in the background. So glad you were able to take such positive memories of our area back with you!

We do look forward to assisting you with future plans to return when time allows.

Kind Regards,

wellington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I stayed here for four nights whilst taking part in a workshop. All the staff were very pleasant, professional and helpful - top marks there. I ate in the bar two nights and both nights I was able to have vegan food - one night a platter of raw vegetables with "home-made" hummous, the next night grilled tofu and salad - both delicious, especially when washed down with local beer. The kitchen made a special effort with my breakfasts and lunches, once they realised what a vegan ate! Travelling by myself, I appreciated the genuine friendliness of the bar staff and the free pool table! My room was very quiet, clean and well-looked after. It was good having a cafe and late-opening little store, and I enjoyed the pool facility. The hotel operates a free shuttle to the local shopping areas, and to the train station. I had a slight hitch in that I was billed (twice) for my stay, which was being paid for by the company running the workshop, and this was quite stressful but sorted (twice) with calmness and pleasantness. I thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone who needs to stay out that side of Denver.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
To our valued guest from Wellington,

We greatly appreciate and value the time you took to share your feedback.

I am pleased to see that our culinary team assisted with your dietary needs throughout your stay and will be certain to share your comments with them.

My apologies for the billing error, however, glad to see that it was handled with care.

Thank you again for your feedback. We do hope to be able to welcome you back should your travels return you to the Denver area!

Safe Travels,

Littleton, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We came to this hotel after a horrible room we had at La Quinta in the Tech Center, boy what a difference that's for sure. We had no reservation so I quickly made one online before we headed over and it was a breeze. Check in was quick and painless in their very modern lobby. Then we headed to park, keep in mind it's 10 a night extra, but worth it. The room was just perfect with a great view! Staff was wonderful, when my wife wanted a Sprite but couldn't find one they went and got her one and brought it to the room.

Didn't do breakfast or anything but the room was clean, well maintained, modern, and the bed was super comfortable.

If you are in the Tech center for business or just want a place to stay outside of the downtown area to explore south Denver this is a perfect place. Lots of places to eat nearby and low traffic in evenings after everyone has left the area after work.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattTechCenter, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
We are so glad your stay at our hotel met and exceeded your expectations! We are thrilled you enjoyed the room, and we are glad our staff was able to make you and your wife feel comfortable and welcome. We certainly hope we will see you again soon!

Been to Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center? Share your experiences!