“Terrific Staycation” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Boulder, Colorado
“Terrific Staycation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

To celebrate a VERY big birthday for my DH we moseyed on down to Denver and stayed at the Grand Hyatt. While check in was not until 3 PM we arrived at the hotel at 1 PM yesterday(January 24) and our room was ready. We were on the 17th floor and had a king size bed.......392 sq.ft.....and the bathroom had a tub. When I made the reservation, I was told there were no tubs.(????). Betzabe checked us in and was a delight.
We were impressed with the room..........the cleanliness of the room/hotel........the location of the hotel.......and the friendliness of the staff at all times.
We did NOT use the valet parking. There is a garage just across the street....and while i admit it is NOT easy to figure out what the price will be at this place or anywhere else in town.......when we checked out of the garage this morning the price for Saturday and Sunday is $5/day and so our $10 WAS correct. We could have stayed all day today for the same $10.

It's only a block and a half to the free mall ride.....and people watching at Union Station was fun.

We did not eat/dine at the hotel....altho the coffee pot and coffee provided in the room was delish and a plus.

When we came back after dinner last night there was a performer in the Bar and we enjoyed that for a while.

We did not hear ANY noise that has been mentioned and when we checked out the pool the water was perfect temperature.

We WILL go back to the Grand Hyatt Denver. Try it.........you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: I asked not to be near the elevator. I asked to be on a higher floor. Room 1717 fit the bill. Our...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This downtown hotel is beautiful and the service is excellent but don't stay here if you want a quiet night. Even though we were on the 25th floor, we heard crazy loud sirens just about every hour overnight driving through the city. Not sure why the hotel would be so loud as I have stayed in several NYC hotels and even airport hotels where the city/plane noise was muted by the windows. The club service is great and staff was very nice but we won't stay here again on our stopover to the mountains just do to the noise overnight.

Room Tip: splurge for club level- it has an amazing view and great snacks and the breakfast is enough for the...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed here after trailing on the California Zephyr. Picked this hotel fairly randomly but what a star! Stylish, comfortable, classy - we loved it from the minute we arrived, and this hotel is setting the standard for the new look Hyatt brand.
The reception and bar staff show what it means to be casual but professional - knowledgeable and accommodating. The amazing bar area int he lobby has excellent well priced "bar snacks" well above what you would expect - sophisticated, gourmet delights.The two rooms we booked were spacious, stylish, all mod cons, motion señsor lights, just lovely.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I recently stayed at the hotel for a business function. Located right in downtown Denver. The staff are very friendly. The lobby bar has a better than average wine selection as well as an interesting drink menu. Rooms are clean, but what you would expect. Shower a bit better than the usual. The view, nothing special.

Room Tip: Pick an upper floor, very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Carrington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stayed with my husband here and we both really liked this hotel. The rooms and hotel were both clean. We never used the restaurant but enjoyed the bar. Great location as it is very close to shopping, bars and restaurants on the 16th street mall. Would stay here again!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here for 4 nights attending a conference. The night I arrived, there was a mix up with with my reservation, but it wasn't the hotel's fault and they e were score to accommodate me with a standard room. The room was OK;, really very typical for the class of hotel. The next day I was upgraded to the Executive Suite, which I have to say was marvelous. I loved having a comfortable living room, workspace, king size bed that was very comfortable, a sink and refrigerator in the living area, two very large picture windows with a good view of downtown. There were two big screen TVs. I did some with and rested when I wasn't in conference, and I felt really at home. I ordered room service, including a couple of breakfasts and a dinner. The breakfasts were typical, but the salmon and asparagus was delicious. The conference facility was super convenient to the room and I heard from the meeting planners that everything went incredibly smooth with conference logistics. There was a convenience store in the lobby. Staff across the board was pleasant, helpful and quick to respond.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Bremen, Georgia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I traveled to Denver Colorado after Christmas to see our son and daughter-in-law. The room was very clean and modern. The staff was very friendly. Upon our arival, I requested a room on a "high" floor. They kindly put us on the 25th floor. An amazing view of the downtown and the snowfall. The food in the restaurant was good at breskfast and dinner. We have stayed at this hotel several times and plan to stay there again.

Room Tip: You can request a city view or mountain view for a small upcharge.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Hyatt Denver Downtown? Share your experiences!