“Nice touches that make it special” 5 of 5 stars

Bed and Breakfast Package
Ranked #24 of 147 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dallas, Texas
“Nice touches that make it special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I've stayed in a lot of nice hotels, and this is one of them. However, there were a couple of things that set this one apart that I really liked. Under each bedside table, and the counter in the bathroom are motion censored lights. If you need to get up in the dark, a low, soft light comes on to guide you without you cracking your knee on something. As you walk into the dark bathroom, the same thing happens. Small, but nice. I also really liked the bar. Beautifully furnished and quite comfortable. The bartender proudly describes the cocktails he has created and they're all quite good. It's an atmosphere that you want to linger in. What I didn't like is that the free computers down in the lobby, where you can get boarding passes etc.. seem to all use a search engine that is not compatible with AA.com. How have they not corrected that by now? I saw a couple of people leaving the computers in frustration. I also didn't like the fact that you had to pay $20 for the continental breakfast and that you had to swipe your room key in the elevatr for any floor above the 6th. What is that all about? Good stay though..

Room Tip: Just a couple of blocks from 16th st which is pedestrian only. Lots of restaurants and just fun to w...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We stayed here for a night so we could spend some time downtown and have a break from the kids. We had reserved a room with a king bed but none were ready yet when we went to check in. I could have seen having to wait if we were trying to check in early but we were an hour past check in time and spent another hour waiting for a room. Overall though the room was nice and clean. We ordered late night room service and the food was nothing out of this world but it was still what we needed at that time of night. We will probably consider staying here again in the future as it tends to be one of the more affordable Denver hotels with good access to what Denver has to offer.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Clovis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I reserved a corner room with king bed for a friday and saturday night. We arrived at 7pm and were told by a nonchalant GSA that they were completely booked, and we would have a choice of a standard room with two queens or a portion of an executive suite with a pull out couch. Had I not just arrived after a 7 hour drive, I would have found other accommodations immediately. I mentioned that I prepaid for a corner room a week prior to our arrival. I was told that a reservation doesn't guarantee which room I would get, or a room at all. I did not expect this type of service at a hotel of any caliber, much less from a supposed 4-5 star establishment. We were then given a room on the 7th floor adjacent to the elevator bank. Elevators start running constantly at six AM, til midnight. Very unsatisfied the first night of our stay. The next day I phoned the front desk and asked for a room change. The front desk should have called me. The GSA I spoke with was accommodating, and agreed to have us transferred to a corner room on the 23rd floor. I was not offered any consolation the first night. I would have expected complimentary parking or internet access at the very least.
Once we were settled into the room I paid for and reserved, things were much better. The fireside lounge had great food and a decent selection of cocktails. Room service was also quite good, with professional service. The hotel is very well appointed, the room we ended up with was spacious, modern, and nice. Service overall was fine aside from the night we arrived.
Would I stay here again? No.

Room Tip: Upper floor corner rooms are the best, Do not stay near the elevators.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

As a primary Ritz Carlton/Marriott customer, I chose to stay at this hotel due to a it beings a busy weekend in Denver with the Great American Beerfest, AF vs Navy Football, and CU vs OSU Football; or in other words Marriott chains where I would stay were all booked. I stayed at this hotel years ago as a cadet, and it was just ok. But coming back I was very impressed with the remodeling. I also have some points with Hyatt and they were able to upgrade me to the club level and everything was great. Good sleep, quiet, club lounge was awesome, and friendly staff. Only reason it's 4 out of 5 is due to the inflated prices, but in a free market I understand that comes w/supply and demand. If my hotels are all booked again and this one is available, I will be back.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed there as part of a national conference. 4 star accommodations. Excellent front of house staff. Rooms very nice and clean. Food provided at conference was excellent except the breakfast buffet was lukewarm. Should of been steamy. Free WiFi. THANK YOU!!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here for our 1 year anniversary. We had a great time but didn't use the hotel much since we wanted to experience the downtown area. They were within walking distance of everything which was nice. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
boston, ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here for three nights in September, and it was one of the best hotel experiences I have had in a very long time. First things first... THERE IS A STARBUCKS IN THE HOTEL! They even had Starbucks as the in-room coffee- and it was dark roast! I was in heaven!

The check in process was modern and painless. They use laptops at little tables which makes it all feel very familiar and personable. The lobby itself is absolutely gorgeous. It's a place that you want to hang out and have a drink while you people watch

The rooms were ultra modern and spotless. Lots of plugs everywhere! The bathroom had amazing lighting, and was one of the cleanest bathrooms I have ever been in. The bed was great, and the room had a chic ultra thin TV

As an aside, there is an Ink! Coffee and two 7-11 stores surrounding the hotel. There was a fridge in the room, so that was a big convenience

I will definitely be staying there again next time I go to Denver!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Hyatt Denver Downtown? Share your experiences!