“Pretty great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 148 Hotels in Denver
Chicago, Illinois
“Pretty great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Super friendly staff and pretty hotel. The hot breakfast and late night cookies were a very nice touch and I think I'd come back just because of the cookies. My only complaint - there was no light in the shower, making it challenging since I have bad eyes as it is. King room was pretty small, which didn't bother me but would make it difficult for anyone trying to, say, cram 3 people in there for a convention.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed for 3 nights at the Magnolia in mid-June. We were very happy with the central location ( 3 blocks from the Convention Center - my work schedule took us there) and the adjacent 16th Ave Mall.

We were in Room 1139, an upper floor (2nd from top) with a quiet, end-of-hall location per our request. Although not a huge room, it was large enough with a spacious bathroom and walk-in closet. View from the window was mostly adjacent rooftops, with haze-shrouded mountains in the distance.

Very good service - helpful/friendly staff at front desk/concierge station and at the front door. We liked thew added touches of complimentary wine/beer in early evening, milk/cookies later and a full breakfast in the mornings.

Why don't I give 5 stars? Two important things: bed- solid, I mean REALLY solid, the kind of firmness that wakes up a light-sleeping spouse with every little fidget & turn. No restful nights sleep for my wife in 3 nights. Also: shower - water pressure fluctuated and temperature varied from tepid to scalding during a 5-minute washing (BUT: a plus - it doubles as a soaking tub. get some $2 bath salts at the nearby Rite Aid and rest your tired muscles).

Overall, a 4.25-4.5 out of 5 (but TA only does whole number increments); can't give a "5", but it was *definitely* a very good hotel we'd stay at again.

Room Tip: 1139 was very quiet; end of hall and no traffic/elevator/vending machine noise
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Was only there for one night, but was very happy with my stay! Great and friendly staff at a hotel that offers a ton of little bonuses i have never seen at any other hotel, that will keep you coming back.

• Stayed July 2013
Henderson, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We booked a room here while traveling through the state. There was something going on in downtown Denver that night, as we were lucky to get a room downtown at all that night.
I paid $344 plus the $26 for overnight parking. To compare, we had just stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in Grand Junction for $120.
I thought the Holiday Inn was better.
The employees were nice and helpful. The room clean, but nothing special. The bathroom was a good size.
My kids were excited about the milk and cookie time in the evening. They liked the cookies, but I thought they were gross. Store bought.
The breakfast in the morning was average.
I realize that downtown Denver is pricey, and I am paying for the location.
But it is hard to think I spent almost $400 on just an average hotel.
This hotel just didn't do it for me.

• Stayed July 2013
Braintree, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

"Denver! We loved Denver, and this hotel fit the bill, OK so maybe it's because we had just come from log cabins but WOW.

We were put in a suite which was very cool, and HUGE! Very clean and modern with everything you would expect.

The bags took a little time to get to the room, and the receptionist we saw must have been close to the end of her shift because we didn't get anything like the info we heard another guest getting when they checked in.

The valet was very good, at retrieving forgotten items from our car and helpfully delivered them to our room.

The location was perfect within walking distance of the main attractions and drinking pubs etc. Noise levels were very quiet, didn't hear a thing all night, despite being close the the tram line.

Just a shame we couldn't stay for longer!"

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

The staff was great and hotel was excellent. The room was kept nice and cool, but it was easy to adjust the temperature. Clean, large bathroom with a great shower/tub. All the toiletries you need. I missed the drinks and cookie hours, unfortunately, but they sounded wonderful. The valet service was fast and friendly. Be sure to take advantage of the free shuttle around downtown.

My brother and sister-in-law had their wedding there and everything for that was excellent as well--food, service, cleanliness. It was a gorgeous space!

Would recommend for business or for leisure for sure!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I travel to Denver frequently on business. I have a choice of several downtown hotels in which to stay. I ALWAYS choose the Magnolia. It is classic old hotel with thick walls which makes it very quiet. The evening reception is great, but the milk and cookies at bedtime are simply the best. Everyone is very, very friendly and they go out of their way to make you feel welcome and happy. It is conveniently located near 16th street and public transportation. It is in easy walking distance almost everything located downtown. Great place to stay.

Room Tip: All rooms and very nice. I always let the front desk choose the room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Magnolia Hotel Denver? Share your experiences!