“Great find” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 148 Hotels in Denver
Seattle, Washington
“Great find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised with everything about this hotel. Great location, conveinetly located within walking distance of business, restaurants, shopping and sporting events. My complimentary upgrade to a suite on 6th floor made it even better. Walked in to find I was staying in a small apartment...living room, dining room, full kitchen, large bathroom, bedroom and walk-in closet. Made business very easy...we could all regroup and work around the table in between meetings. Much more comfortable than Starbucks. Breakfast in the morning was nice with lots of choices, happy hour and then cookies and milk at night make it all that much better. Harry's has an amazing cheeseburger and the staff throughout are wonderful. I highly recommend a stay here and will definitely be back.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for almost a week for a conference. The location is great, and the rooms are nice. The staff, however, wasn't especially courteous. They weren't mean, but just short. Some of them acted as though they were doing us a favor just by giving us directions or making an extra key. Our window overlooked the middle of the building instead of downtown. I expect it was because we were on an inside room, so it might be good to ask for a room overlooking the city and not the other side of the hotel.

Some examples of drawbacks: We asked for extra hangers when we got there. When the woman at the front desk asked me how many we needed, I said about a dozen...and ideally more. She said no problem, and when the gentleman came up with the hangers, there were only six. I didn't bother to ask for more, but it was a bit annoying. The design of the room was also a bit flawed. The light switch for the bathroom was by the sink, which meant you had to walk into the bathroom in the dark and then turn on the light. Oh, the drain on the shower didn't have a stopper, so despite the fact that it was also a tub in which i could have taken a bath, I wasn't able to do so. Also, the food was overall mediocre. The hotel catered the conference, so we got a good sense of their culinary skills... or lack thereof. Again, not bad, but not terrific.

There were a few things I LOVED about the Magnolia though. Top on that list: Cookies and milk every night in from 8-10. They're store-bought cookies, but still good. Also, they let us take the cookies and milk up to our room as well. I don't drink alcohol, but for those of you who do enjoy it, you may appreciate that there's also a cocktail hour every night, where I think you get a free drink or perhaps more. That was always more crowded than the cookies and milk. There's also a continental breakfast that isn't all that bad. I didn't ever go, but my husband did, and he said it was okay. Also, we didn't pay for the hotel, but I'm pretty sure the rates were reasonable--particularly given the great location. And the lobby is quite nice (though pretty small) as well. There are only 12 floors so it's not a huge hotel. Oh, and I almost forgot, the desk in the room has a granite top, which I loved. Also, there isn't any fun cable (hbo, showtime, etc), but their internet is free and trustworthy.

So yeah, the staff could be nicer, the rooms could be more thoughtfully designed and the food could use some improvement. Had they provided homemade (or at least more homemade-looking) chocolate chip cookies, I honestly think it would have made up for a lot...likely more because of my nearly absurd penchant for chocolate chip cookies than anything else...but it's not like I'm the only one out there who appreciates a good cookie.

Hope this helps someone!

Anyway, I hope this is of help to y'all.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the city and on the top (12th) floor if possible.
Burlington, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

The friendliest and cleanest hotel I have been to in a long time. This hotel prides itself on customer service and thinks outside the box. We were in town for a wedding and from directions to the church and asking valet for a cab ride to the reception. The Magnolia staff refused to call the cab, only to offer a ride themselves, we definitely didn't expect that ! Cookies and milk at night, what a real treat ! The 16th St. Mall and LODO just around the corner to make it a great location. Will definitely will be back !!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Very conveniently located near the 16th Street Mall and within easy walking distance of the Convention Center. Makes a great place to stay if you are working a trade-show, and the suites are a nice plus if you want a quiet place to cook a meal and retreat for a bit. Friendly staff and excellent concierge.

Room Tip: If renting a king suite, get utensils for the kitchen sent up at check-in; we have stayed here twice...
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

This was our second stay at the Magnolia, and I'm sure we'll be back. Both times, we've indulged in the Fireplace Suite, and the rooms are like little apartments downtown. Awesome location, and the price (for the area, and for what you get) can't be beaten.

Room Tip: Try the fireplace suites--they're comfy and roomy and wonderful.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Aurora, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Have stayed here several times. Always a good time. we get the king suite and having the extra room makes a week stay very comfortable. The happy hour and cookies downstairs are a nice little add on. When downtown, I will continue to stay here.

Room Tip: if possible get a suite
Avon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Loved everything about the hotel. Got a room at the end of the hall. Quiet. Cozy. It was a great weekend. However, I noticed a charge on my credit card for a bottle of water that I never drank....the hotel refunded me, but it always makes me suspicious. I would try it again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Magnolia Hotel Denver? Share your experiences!