“Very good hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Antwerp, Belgium
“Very good hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed in the magnolia hotel in denver in oct 2012. The rooms are spacious en suite. There's a cozy gasburning stove in the living. You can get a 5$ coupon if you agree to have no housekeeping during your stay, which I liked, because of the privacy this offers.
The staff was very friendly and helpfull. The breakfast was very tasty with a variety of choices.
The hotel is wel situated in downtown denver, close to 16 th street, a mayor shoppingstreet. There are also several musea on walkingdistance.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
Denver, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We recently stayed at the Magnolia during the Great American Beer Festival. It's convenient walking distance from the Convention Center, and the room had everything we could have wanted -- cozy sitting area, refrigerator, spacious king bedroom behind a second door for extra quiet.

Sadly, we got back after the cookie service had ended, but the breakfast buffet had an excellent set of options as always, and was a good morning after recovery.

Staff was all incredibly polite, as I have come to expect across several visits. It's our hotel of choice when we want a night out together.

Room Tip: Higher floors are generally quieter. We try to stay on 8 and above.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Broomfield, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Oct 11, 2012 10:30pm After getting back from a very long day, we got off the elevator on the 6th floor of the Magnolia. To our surprise there were white footprints (probably drywall dust) leading all the way from the elevator to the room next to ours. We went into our room and heard talking, then lots of banging and what sounded like demo work. I called the reception and asked why there were footprints in the hall and construction going on next door to us. The reception sounded clueless and denied there was anything going on. 2 minutes later, we heard the vacuum outside the hall. The banging continued...I was having trouble logging on to the internet so I decided to go to the lobby to get some help and figure out what was going on with the banging. At the lobby, I asked about the construction again and they still acted clueless. Another person there finally said it wasn't construction, it was maintenance. At this time the female night manager and desk clerk were laughing. I have my own construction company and there is a difference between construction and maintenance but when your tired and it's 10:30 pm it's not very funny at all after a long day... So at this I asked what kind of maintenance? I was told they were tearing a heater out of the wall...Maintenance? Really? I then asked if there were guests staying in that room tonight? I was told no... So, they were doing demo in a vacant room adjacent to an occupied room at 10:30pm on a Thursday night. I asked if I could be moved? answer: No, they were all booked So I then asked what time will they be done? answer: around 11pm What time will they start in the morning? answer: 7am I then asked if they were serious? answer by 1 person : yes The female night manager then told me that they really wouldn't be starting at 7am. I had to walk away at that point. We checked out early the next morning so I have no idea what time they started again. The hotel rooms weren't too bad but the staff experience and "maintenance" was unprofessional and unacceptable.

Room Tip: make sure there isn't any "maintenance" going on in the room next yours.
Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Charleston, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Under ordinary circumstances would have given Magnolia a very good review. It's comfortable and location is great. HOWEVER, my husband slipped in the VERY SLIPPERY bathtub and broke his ribs. There was nothing to hold on to to break his fall and no bath mat. Ended up pulling towel rack, outside the tub, off the wall to save himself. He could easily have gotten a concussion and/or lung could have been punctured. Management response left MUCH to be desired. They DID offer to take us to a hospital but my husband is a physician, knew what had happened, so declined (there's not much you can do for broken ribs). They transferred us to a 'handicapped accessible room', made NO offer of recompense...which many other places would have done. Wasn't till I insisted that they 'gave us' recompense for first night only. Further, when we were leaving we requested help with our luggage. After waiting 40 minutes no-one came. It was only because our daughter was with us that we were able to carry luggage to car. I wrote to the head of Stout Management who manages this chain. No response. My husband and I have traveled a lot, stayed in countless hotels and motels with no problem. The combination of extra slippery tub, nothing to hold on to and poor management response - plus no help for luggage - causes me to give thumbs down to what could/should be a lovely hotel.

Room Tip: if you are at all vulnerable request a handicapped accessible room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

The staff is fabolous as are most things about the Denver Magnolia, but there were some little annoyances. The furniture in my room while good looking, wasn't very comfortable. There was a nice big table for working, with chairs I couldn't sit in comfortably for example. They were too short and too soft. Wireless in the room was a bit inconsistent for signal strength.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Lansing, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Had a great weekend in Denver at the Magnolia Hotel. Great breakfast, easy parking and close to 16th St. mall for walking, shopping or riding free public transportation down or up the mall. Also got to go to the Denver Art Museum. What a gem.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wedding was at the Magnolia Ballroom across the street from the Magnolia Hotel. My family, friends and I stayed consecutive nights at the hotel and our stay was amazing! The staff is very friendly and they go out of their way to make you feel welcome. The complimentary breakfast and happy hour were great perks for our guests who traveled from all over the country to be here for our wedding. Our rooms were clean and spacious and the suites were great for getting ready in on our wedding day. A huge thanks to the banquet staff and Kelsey for making the night of our wedding go off without a hitch. Can't wait for our stay on our one year anniversary!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Magnolia Hotel Denver? Share your experiences!