“Great Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Denver Central Hotel

You added Ramada Plaza Denver Central Hotel to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Denver Central Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4849 Bannock Street, Denver, CO 80216 (Formerly Holiday Inn Denver - Central)   |
Ranked #91 of 148 Hotels in Denver
Wichita, Kansas
“Great Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed here on September 21st & 22nd got an early check in, a very good looking young man (Jose) at the front desk greeted us right as we walked in. He was very polite and felt very welcoming. He checked us in to a room with 2 beds wich was really nice very clean. Later that night we had dinner at Teddy's Lounge the food was GREAT!
Will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Great Customer Service from the Front Desk Staff!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Ben G, Manager at Ramada Plaza Denver Central Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel and staff! We hope to see you again soon here at the Ramada Plaza Denver Central!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
LARAMIE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

When we first arrived, the front desk seemed to be slightly understaffed and extremely loud DJ run music from the lounge off of the front lobby made communication with the front desk clerk very difficult. Also, in spite of a seemingly somewhat questionable hotel location (in an industrial section of town), the hotel was fairly convenient to downtown Denver at a very good rate. In addition, we were provided with a very good hot breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

We apologize for any confusion you had during you arrival at the hotel, our restaurant and lounge, Teddy's, does feature a live DJ and music on various nights of the week. We are also in an industrial area of town as you mention but we do have security cameras in the building and parking lot to ensure guest safety and this enviroment provides quiet sleeping rooms for our guests at night. We are glad you enjoyed our central location and our complimentary breakfast buffet! We hope you choose to stay with us again and if you have any concerns just let us know and our staff will do their very best to take care of you! Thank you for your review!
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I arrived to find the Hotel full of a bunch of kids in town for a rave. That's not a problem except for my door being knocked on at three in the morning and having trouble going back to sleep and I wanted to get up early and get to the stadium for the Houston Texans game against the Broncos.. Ramada can't be judged for that but.....

The one knock against my room (408) was the lack of comfortable seating. There was a sleeper sofa in the room minus the mattress so the sofa was a better luggage rack than seat. Other than that my room was more than satisfactory.

The hotel staff gets 5 stars from me though. The manager was informative and friendly and the two young ladies that drove the shuttle van were the best customer service minded people I've come across in a very long time. So friendly I felt like I had made new friends in Denver.

But my team won and the restaurant had good food so I'm not complaining.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

We are so glad you were satisfied with your stay! Thank you for your kind review of our friendly staff members! We do apologize for the poor seating in your room with the sofa sleeper lacking the mattress rendering it unuseable as well as the knocking on your door during the middle of the night. When you come back to stay with us again. if there are any issues like this please just let our staff know and we will do our very best to take care of it for you! Thank you again for your review.
HAUPPAUGE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Had to move rooms once due to TV not working and found bugs in my room. Probably came through the duct tape on the windows. Next room was cleaner, but walls were very thin. Continental breakfast was a plus and location was amazing. If you have a car, you have easy access to the highways and if you don't, the shuttle service is very convenient.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for your review of your stay at our location! We are so happy you found our breakfast good and our central location and shuttle service convienent! We do apologize for the unsatisfactory conditions you encountered in your room however! I hope our staff handled the situation and moved you to a room that was more satisfactory for you during your stay, if you are ever dissatisfied with the cleanliness or sound level from the outside in your room or any other issues you may have, we will do our best to accommodate you and make your stay more comfortable! We hope you choose to stay with us again!
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

The staff were very friendly and service oriented. Best Breakfast for a Hotel in this class. Their weekly rate is 45$ per day per room, very low for the quality hotel. Beds were great. We got help whenever we needed. There were a few parties during our stay but none of these affected our sleep, you just can not hear it elsewhere in the hotel. Had laundry facility that was not over priced. To come back to Breakfast - you can get them to make an omelet or eat scrambled eggs, sausage, fruit, waffles, biscuits, pan cakes/french toast, hashbrowns. All you can eat.

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel and our staff! We hope you continue to stay with us!
LARAMIE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Although its not the nicest or closest to downtown, we got free shuttle ride to and from downtown, and it was a great price. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you so much for your great review of our location! We hope to see you again soon, if there is ever any issue during your stay let our staff know and we will do our very best to help you!
Grand Junction, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

After a 5 hour drive we decided to go into the restaurant/lounge called Teddy's for a cocktail before we checked in. We and 3 other couples sat at the bar and watched the staff do absolutely nothing. We were 5 feet from the bartender and he never even acknowledged our presence. I thought maybe they weren’t open yet so I asked. Upon confirming that they were open he went back to doing nothing. I finally asked if we could get a drink to which he finally replied yes and took our order. We and the other two couples in the bar exchanged looks of disbelief. One even said “this would be a great place to open a bar”! Two hours later while waiting for my wife to get ready I sat down at the bar again and nothing had changed. They were still more interested in avoiding eye contact than taking an order.
After the bar fiasco we checked in. Upon leaving the front desk I verified that we indeed were assigned a King bed room. Upon further review our room was not only not a King but was a handicapped room. Everything from peep holes to clothes hangers were 3 feet off the ground. Our clothes wouldn’t even hang without dragging. Back at the front desk it really wasn’t a concern for them. We could change to a different room but they didn’t have a king available. When asked why they didn’t just tell me that to begin with they had no reply.
I had also told them I wanted to give them a different credit card than the one I had used to hold the room. I was told just let us know when you check out. At checkout we let them know. They even took our second card to process. I was very glad that I had taken my printed reservation confirmation with me because the were charging us $25 more for the room than the reservation quoted. The corrected the room rate but when we got home and checked our accounts they had run the original card anyway. Our overall experience was that the staff is rude and incompetent and the facility is old and unkempt.

Room Tip: There is a Quality in on 58th which is very near this hotel. It is a much better value!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review of our location! We do apologize for the unsatisfactory serivce you received in our lounge and with your room during your stay! Our staff should have let a manager know about your unsatisfactory experience so that we could correct the issues during your stay! If you would like to provide me with more details so I can look into your stay further please let me know and I will do so! I hope you will give us another chance in the future and stay with us again!

Been to Ramada Plaza Denver Central Hotel? Share your experiences!