“Great service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Denver International Airport

You added Crowne Plaza Denver International Airport to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Denver International Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   15500 East 40th Avenue, Denver, CO 80239 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #76 of 149 Hotels in Denver
Gunnison, Colorado
“Great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Very friendly front desk staff, bar staff and pretty much friendly everybody that we came into contact with. The hotel appears a little dated but everything is nicely kept. We were able to check in early and be upgraded to a kind bedroom, with no problem. My husband was flying out early on an International flight and had no problem catching the free shuttle that he needed. Their restaurant restaurant and lounge is spacious and comfortable. We stay at hotels near quite often and had not stayed at this Crowne yet, I would recommend it and would return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Don W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver International Airport, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your review! We are glad that you were satisfied with the service and amenities found at our hotel! We recognize that our hotel is an older property than some of the others, but we have recently undergone a large renovation to make sure that our space meets every guest's standards!

Don Woodin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
North Canton, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We attended an event at the convention center. One section of the event was a reenactment of an afternoon tea on the Titanic. The chef researched and recreated the recipes used on that fated 1912 voyage and the food was spectacular as a result of the care of the staff. We were very impressed by the attention to detail that was shown by the staff.

The facilities are top notch. Well maintained, clean and well designed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello and thank you for your review!

We are so glad that you were satisfied with our culinary efforts at the event you attended. We take it upon ourselves to try and make every experience a memorable one for our guests.

colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I arrived late in the evening, needing to catch a morning flight out of DIA. They have plenty of parking, likely due to the park and fly programs many of the hotels have. $8 a day to park is a pretty good deal.
Let me preface this by saying I purchased the room through hotwire since it was a last minute trip. The price beat about every one of the other (considered) mid-higher price range hotels. I would stay at this property again for the $90 price tag but not for the rates quoted on other websites.
Check in was easy and the front desk was helpful in explaining their park and fly program. I made it to my room-it was large and comfortable. The bed, firmer than I usually like but it was OK.
Now, the issues:
-the alarm clock did not work, tried following the instructions on the top of the clock-the numbers wouldn't budge. Oh well, got a wake up call and set my cell phone alarm.
-the guest book says ice AND vending on each floor-grabbed my ice bucket and some cash thought I would just make due with a snack before bed as I had skipped supper on my way in to Denver. Wrong-there was an ice machine and that was it. Not feeling up to going on a search for vending machines, I opted to just order room service. The guest brochure says "24 hour" and while I understand the options are limited after a certain time, I didn't have my hopes up. Good thing, after numerous tries to reach room service-the number in the book and pushing the "room service" button on the phone I got NO answer! Good thing I wasn't starving or a diabetic!
One thing that bothers me in today's "business class" hotels is the lack of free wifi--this hotel DOES provide free wifi-a plus in my book.
One thing I do wonder about hotels now is the lack of adequate and accessable outlets to plug in computers, phones, tablets etc. this hotel was no exception to this. No place to plug in a bedside phone without getting behind the bed and built in nightstands and unplugging the light or the alarm clock. "sigh" oh well, someday all hotels will have a "charging center".
I would pay the $90 for the room again but I wouldn't cough up much more than that.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Don W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver International Airport, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Hello and thank you for your review,

I am sincerely apologetic for the lack of service that you experienced from our concierge staff. We encourage our guests to let the front desk know when particular items are not in service (your alarm clock) or not up to standards (no vending). I am incredibly concerned with the fact that our concierge services did not pick up your call for room service and I would love to find out more about your stay including the dates and times so that we can ensure that this is not an issue in the future.

If you wouldn't mind, please email me at DENAU@jqh.com with your stay details and we will work to rectify the situation.

Thank you again.
Apollo Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The Crowne is an older hotel that's about 15 minutes from Denver International. While the hotel itself is a little dated, it seems well maintained and our room was clean and mostly updated. The carpet was a little worn and the furniture was older than most, but the linens and towels were fresh and soft. Our check-in was quick and efficient and the shuttle service to our early morning flight was perfect. I would stay at the crowne again any time I need to be close to the airport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello,

Thank you for your review! Our hotel is one of the older hotels in the area, however we did recently go through a complete renovation to update the look and amenities of the space. We appreciate the good feedback and we are glad you will be staying with us again in the future!

We look forward to seeing you,
Durango, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 days for work. This place is clean quite and close to the airport.

Pros: very clean, good price, close to airport, very friendly staff

Cons: the food in the restaurant is not stellar but passable, wait staff is sub par

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hello and thank you for your review,

We appreciate your kind words and we are glad that you were satisfied with your stay. I would like to apologize for the fact that you felt our wait staff in the restaurant was sub-par. I will be addressing this statement with our restaurant manager in order to make sure that our wait staff is constantly providing excellent service to our guests.

Thank you again.

Silverthorne, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Check-in process was quick. Room was clean, beds a little hard. Our room had a window facing the lobby. It was HOT....had to turn on the AC (in February, in Denver, during a blizzard). There's an annoying neon light outside the window, difficult to seal out the neon glow with the curtains. The lobby can be noisy, and it sounds as though the window is open (i.e. no soundproofing whatsoever). We stayed at the Crowne Plaza for a dance convention that my daughter attended. she had an extremely tight schedule, so service was more important than it might be otherwise. The hotel was 100% booked since they were hosting the convention (one would think that the hotel would staff appropriately for an event like this......but apparently not). The negatives: room service on our first morning: we ordered the night before. It was on time--unfortunately it was not what we ordered. No toast, the wrong eggs, and the worst offense: no cream for my coffee. I called and they remedied the situation fairly quickly....unfortunately, they got it wrong on the second try, too. We decided to have dinner at the hotel that night. We were seated right away. The restaurant was filled to only about 1/2 capacity, which was surprising, since the hotel was full. We waited 30 minutes to get WATER, and we had to practically stand up and yell just to get that. I'd ordered a salad, my daughter had ordered soup and fries. After 50 minutes we finally got our food (at that point, we were one of only 2 occupied tables in the entire restaurant). There were four or five staff members bustling about the restaurant--unfortunately, none of them were bringing us food. My daughter's soup was cold & my salad was not as described on the menu. We were too sick of being held hostage in the restaurant to send our food back.

When we returned to our room, it had been sufficiently cleaned. However, we had no toilet paper. I called the front desk to request some. An hour later, no toilet paper. I consider that somewhat of an emergency. I had to call a second time & was told housekeeping was "very busy."

Overall, not a positive experience for us. I would not have stayed here if they weren't hosting the convention.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the outside, not facing the lobby.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hello,

Thank you for your review. I want to apologize on behalf of the entire hotel for your less than satisfactory experience here during your daughters dance convention.

The staffing issues that you have described should absolutely not have happened and I will be addressing this situation with our management staff to ensure that every convention is properly staffed. We pride ourselves in the amount of space we offer groups for meetings and conventions and it is our goal to continuously strive to provide a comfortable and relaxing stay to our guests. I apologize that you did not experience our 100% and I hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I had an early morning flight out of Denver and needed a hotel near the airport. Before booking any hotel I do two things: (1) I check my Citibank card rewards account to see if I can get a good deal on a hotel in my target area, and (2) I check TripAdvisor to see if any of the hotels found in step 1 have good reviews. This time, the Crowne Plaza was the winner. Any trepidation I had evaporated when I pulled into the parking lot; I immediately realized that this was a large, conference-quality hotel.

The lobby was huge and impressively decorated, and the registration desk staff was friendly and welcoming (and I should mention that they use freestanding kiosks instead of a single long desk, a design touch I immediately liked). As soon as I began the trek to the elevators, I saw that there was some kind of conference going on: there were girls in athletic uniforms everywhere. I was a little worried about noise, but my room was at the far end of an upper floor and the young athletes seemed to be mostly on the lower floors.

My room was on the small side, but beautifully decorated in a modernistic style and had the full range of amenities. Wi-fi was free (oddly enough, free Internet seems to be rare in more posh hotels). I stopped in at the business center to print my boarding pass and had it all to myself, and spent a relaxing hour by the pool.

I had dinner out (there are plenty of restaurants a short drive away), and I left early the next morning and didn't have time for breakfast, so I can't comment on the hotel's dining options. Overall, though, it was a pleasant stay and I'd gladly stay here again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Don W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver International Airport, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Hello and thank you for your review,

We are glad that you enjoyed our recently renovated decor and hotel design. It is our goal to try and make every guest comfortable and provide an enjoyable stay, one reason why we have our business center and complimentary WIFI.

We hope to see you again soon!

Don Woodin

Been to Crowne Plaza Denver International Airport? Share your experiences!