We recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza Denver International Airport because our daughter was competing in a tournament being held there. We were able to take advantage of the group rate of $89 per night which is probably on par for the quality of the hotel. If we had paid any more, I would have been very disappointed. The check-in process was very easy and quick and the staff member who checked us in was very personable. Unfortunately the hotel seems to quite old and in need of updating. The ceilings were very low and the hallways were very dark and dingy feeling. Our room was fine as far as size and accommodations go, but there were several dark stains in the carpet, a dark stain on the bedskirt, and the love seat was falling apart. The bed was also caved in on the right side which left you feeling like you were continuously rolling to one side or the other based on which side of your body you were sleeping on. My husband tried it the first night and slept horribly and then I tried it the second night assuming that he was over-exaggerating, but he wasn't. I slept horribly the second night. As we only stayed two nights we reported the issue to the front desk upon check-out and the woman got some attitude with us saying that if we had told them the first night they would have asked engineering to fix it. Additionally, we requested firmer pillows on our second night as the pillows were awful and were told that the hotel was out of pillows. Probably the highlight of our stay was trying to eat breakfast at the restaurant located in the lobby. We waited 10 minutes to even be shown to a table, once at our table we saw that our table cloth had been previously used and not exchanged between guests (there were food stains all over it), and then we waited an additional 15 minutes for our server to come by. We pointed out the dirty tablecloth and were moved to another table. By this point 30 minutes had passed and we didn't even have beverages yet. After another 10 minutes our server came back and asked us if we wanted drinks. We told her we were ready to order and placed our entire order. After we placed our order, we waited another 15 minutes never to see our server again or our drinks or our food. Finally, another server came by asking us if we had been helped and we explained our situation to him. He was great, apologized profusely, had our food ready within minutes and had his manager comp our meal. So all-in-all, it wasn't an awful stay, but if we ever find ourselves in Denver again, we will definitely stay elsewhere.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Denver International Airport Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Denver International Airport Hotel Denver
- Crowne Plaza Denver
- Denver Crowne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Denver International Airport Hotel and Convention Center has undergone a full sleeping room and public area renovation, complete September 2011. Located 15 minutes from Denver International Airport and minutes from great shopping, dining and entertainment at Northfield Stapleton, shuttle service is provided complimentary. The hotel features 70,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, including an impressive 50,000-square-foot Convention Center that accommodates as many as 4,000 guests and offers planners an 8' wide x 18' tall access door for heavy machinery and vehicle displays. Additionally, the hotel offers 1200 complimentary parking spaces and complimentary shuttle service to and from Denver International Airport. The hotel has earned a Meeting Service Excellence Ribbon from surveyed meeting planners who have held events at the Crowne Plaza Denver International Airport. With the ability to fly to Denver International Airport in 2 – 3 hours from anywhere in the country and easy access on I-70 or E – 470, this suburban Denver hotel and convention center is ideally suited for annual conferences of any kind. The hotel is centrally located between Downtown Denver, Denver International Airport and Buckley Air Force Base and is a short car or shuttle ride from the Rocky Mountains. Industries that are concentrated in the area include Aerospace, Military, Agriculture, Sustainable Energy, Medical, Pharmaceutical, and Technology. Also, Anschutz Medical Complex is just a few mile from the hotel and a shuttle is provided. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Crowne Plaza Denver International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.