“Cool hotel!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Curtis

Save Saved
You added The Curtis to your Saves list
The Curtis
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1405 Curtis St, Denver, CO 80202 (Formerly Executive Tower Hotel) (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Dinner & Parking
Ranked #38 of 147 Hotels in Denver
Washington DC
“Cool hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed here on business two weeks ago and loved the location of the hotel. Super easy to walk everywhere with lots of great shops and restaurants nearby. The hotel itself is very cool. Each floor has its own theme and is decorated accordingly (i.e. the "dance floor" or "scary movie floor"). The decor in each room is the same (with the exception fo the suites). Each room is decent size. The bed is really comfortable and I slept very well. The windows are small, but I think some rooms have a view of the mountain range. The bathroom was fairly decent. The housekeepers leave lots of toiletries. Loved the cookie at check-in. Didn't get a chance to try the restaurant, but it looked great with lots of seating and a huge bar.

Dear Amanda C;
We loved your review and can't thank you enough for the kind words! We will hope to see you again the next time you make it to the Mile High City.

Stay Happy!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
West Palm Beach, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The whole experience from the time we arrived till the time we left was a pleasure, even though our room was on the 13th floor. which I have never had a hotel actually call the 13th floor the 13th floor. We found the hotel to be totally cool and inviting place to stay we even had the elevator welcome Johnny when we arrived on the floor. the whole theme of the hotel was great. Next time I am in Denver I will definitely stay here again

Hi David M!
So glad to hear that you enjoyed your time out west and we are so grateful that you made the Curtis your home in Denver. Thank you for the awesome review - we can't wait to welcome you back!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The room was nice but not fantastic. No shuttle service. It appeared to have been recently renovated (could still smell the paint). Clean and friendly but not what I have come to expect from Doubletree.

Hi there, Chris D;
You are absolutely right - we are not your typical DoubleTree. Our goal is to offer more of a 'lifestyle' experience at the Curtis while still enjoying the DoubleTree standards. We're so sorry to hear that you didn't love your room and we absolutely welcome additional feedback if there is something in particular that you feel we can work on.
Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Most pleasant and comfortable stay at the Curtis Hotel, 1405 Curtis street in downtown Denver. Within a block from the Denver Convention Centre, attached;"the office" an excellent restaurant and lounge for breakfast through dinner, as well as many other restaurants and shopping within easy walking distance. Well priced for downtown, and hence good value for both business and pleasure

Dear Cornelis V;
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time at the Curtis - thank you for the awesome review. We hope to see you again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I love love staying at the Curtis. Such a fun playful hotel. Super modern, updated and each floor is individually decorated. You can't help but want to play and interact with the toys and other guests. The staff is warm, helpful and on it.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi McClain W!
Thanks so much for the Trip Advisor LOVE! We so appreciate your review and look forward to welcoming you back!

Seattle, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The Curtis is a a really good hotel. It has all the great amenities of a Hilton Doubletree hotel with an individual character that sets it apart. I found the hotel staff to be very friendly and welcoming. The rooms have always been extremely comfortable. The individual character of the floors makes you smile. If you get a hyper-themed room -- enjoy!

Arlington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This hotel is located in a great part of walkable Downtown Denver. The hotel is young and fun feeling when you walk in. Décor is retro, the elevators have fun voices that talk at each floor and the rooms are equally retro fun décor. The rooms do not have a real closet, they have a cabinet not large enough to store any luggage, the beds are a bit firm, the window is very small for poor light, and the entire hotel and rooms just appear oldish and bit used. Vents in the room and bath with layers of dirt built up, shower pan (plastic) stained, cracked poor state of repair tiles, and a general feeling of the décor is ready for a major overhaul. For the right price I would stay here again but it would not be on the top of my list.

At check-in, I was asked if I parked in the garage with valet or self and I said I did not have a car. The next morning I received a bill showing a parking charge. At check-out, I went down to have it removed (no biggie). The front desk agent said it has been removed. I asked what my total was and he said the amount with the parking. I said, how can that be? He said, with city and state taxes that is the price. I showed him that the price did not change and he actually charged me again for parking. He said, I thought that looked strange. He then told me it was fixed and charged me again for parking. I asked to speak to his manager and he asked me to move aside. When the manager came down after me asking for him two times in 15-minutes, 15-minutes later, the manager fixed the whole thing and it was no big deal. I took the manager off to the side not to embarrass the front desk person and told him of the mistakes the front desk person made. The manager did not seem to care and thanked me for my input. Not sure if this was ever addressed. I just think that a hotel should have their best employees at the front desk. First and last thing you remember and sometimes the only person you ever encounter at a hotel. The hotel needs to train their front desk employees how to manage situations, give them a calculator and teach them how to operate the computer system they have.

Internet is extra and no perks like other hotels offer. I moved to The Magnolia for three more nights and have so much more praise for the employee, the food, and the hotel.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Dear John B,
We love your review and can't thank you enough for the kind words. Thank you so much for selecting the Curtis and we'll look forward to seeing you again soon!

Stay Happy!

Been to The Curtis? Share your experiences!