“Average Embassy at best” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Get Money Back for Gas
Ranked #52 of 147 hotels in Denver
Dallas, TX
“Average Embassy at best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

As a Hilton Diamond member I see a lot of Embassy properties throughout the year and this is one that definitely needs some TLC and a major remodel. The front desk staff were friendly upon check-in and I quickly went to my room. No flat screen TVs? Nope, not at this place. I haven't seen a property in quite some time that has the old school box TVs, but that's what this place has in its rooms. The furniture is straight out of 1980. The AC in the room doesn't cool it down to the desired temperature. I currently have it set at 67 degrees and it hasn't shut off in the 6 hours I've been here. The bathroom is so small you can barely turn around in it. Overall it's just a tired property that needs a major update! Is it horrible? No. But there's a reason it's so cheap in comparison to many other Embassy properties.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

352 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Angel Fire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

One of the front office people and the manager need some training on customer service. We had made arrangements for extending our stay that was not recorded. The next day we were told we needed to get out of the room because they were booked. After a back and forth with the front desk personnel (which should never occur) he went to "talk to" the manager. The manager never came out of their office to explain, apologize, nothing, but they extended us. However, our room never got freshened. This was about 2 pm. The room rate is too high to get treated like you are at a budget motel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

sturbow, General Manager at Embassy Suites Denver - Southeast, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Steven D,

Thank you for your candid feedback. I am very sorry for the poor service experience you had and can assure you that we never want anyone to feel undervalued or disrespected. In order to better assist and appropriately address your concerns, I would like the opportunity to speak with you and personally apologize. If you have a moment, please contact me directly via the number below. Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to making this right for you.

West Bloomfield, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights in August. Most of the time we enjoyed our stay here. However, This hotel has a major problem with their air conditioning system. We tried 2 different rooms with the same result. In 2013, the thermostat in your room should offer you some control over the temperature in your room. Not at this hotel! If the room temperature was 74 and you set the thermostat to 71, the air conditioning did not come on and stay on until the room temperature went down to 71. If you are on the 7th floor and it is August, you don't want to be at this hotel. When you ask the staff about the air conditioning problem, all you get is a lot of double talk. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL IF IT IS HOT OUTSIDE.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear dlevitsky,

Thank you for your comments in regards to your recent stay. I am very sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience and that we were unable to provide you with the quality of guest room amenities that you deserved. I was under the impression, per our conversation, that removing the room and tax from your bill for the night in question was enough to accomodate you but clearly that was not enough and I apologize for that. As you are aware, we did have an HVAC problem with your room that was immediatly addressed and fixed and I am truly sorry that I was under the impression that we had addressed this situation to your satisfaction. I thank you for your feedback, and hope that the next time you're in town, you'll come back and stay with us again!

Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel feels tired. Decorations are 20 years out of date and seemingly mismatched and not very well coordinated, though still serviceable. Bed and pillows comfortable and the hotel is clean and conveniently geographically located. TV selections are very limited and with the exception of 1 HBO channel, there were far fewer selections than what one would expect from 'basic' cable, perhaps as a way to encourage movie purchase. Did not try free breakfast or manager's happy hour. Staff responded very quickly to plumbing problem. Not very eco-friendly: room had two old-style TVs that have higher power consumption than modern LCDs and all table and floor lamps use incandescent bulbs rather than CFLs or LEDs. Few AC plugs available for recharging portable devices such as laptops, tablets and cell phones.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
salt lake, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Overall a very nice hotel. Close to many points of interest for travelers and close to restaurants. For the business traveler it is great with budget and great with value of stay. Would recommend for all.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Albany, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Yes they have a great cook to order breakfast and yes they have a happy hour, but the rooms themselves are quited dated. The microwave was from the 1980's (no joke) and the furniture in the bedroom looked like the midieval 1980's. Our air conditioner barely worked (it kept the room about 75 degrees at it's coolest--and I typically freeze easily) and our fridge wasn't much better. I'm not a big drinker so the happy hour doesn't mean much (I had 2 drinks in a weeks time) and the snacks with it were tortilla chips/salsa and a snack mix--not much to write home about. We had difficulty when we checked in--there were NO luggage carts and no one to help and a fair amout of luggage for 2 females who would be there for a week for a special event. The elevator on one side was not working (an employee said it had been out for 9 months) and the ice machine on our floor was broken. Overall, it is not the Embassy Suites that I have come to expect--and I could have stayed at other hotels that were more updated for less money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

I travel for business almost weekly and as a Hilton Diamond member, I stay in a lot of Embassy Suites. This one is very outdated and in need of renovations! The TV's are old and my room was very worn. Front desk person not friendly and the hospitality bartender not friendly. My amenities were not correct. On the plus side, the internet worked fine and okay location.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear NancyAtlanta,

First of all, thank you for posting your review of your recent stay with us. I sincerely appreciate your feedback and I am very sorry you were unhappy with the condition of our two-room suites. I have reviewed your HHonors profile and it appears that you did receive the proper amenities as indicated. If you would like to contact me personally, I am happy to work with you to get to the bottom of this and to ensure you receive what you desire during future stays. I do appreciate your comments, as we take them into consideration in an effort to better our property. We hope that the next time you're in town, you'll give us another chance!

303-696-6644

Been to Embassy Suites Denver - Southeast? Share your experiences!