“good stay overall” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 147 hotels in Denver
Denver
“good stay overall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I tend to stay in embassy suite hotels on vacation because of their commitment to quality. I had a good experience In Denver other than my check in process. I booked with a 3rd party website & there were errors the hotel told me were corrected but had not been when I arrived. This meant I had to check out the next day and Check back in.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

354 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

The best parts of this hotel were the location (proximity to where I needed to go) and the spacious suites. However, the hotel in general is in need of a facelift with older rooms and furnishings. Nothing special, but also nothing bad. Just needing a remodel.

I was there on a night when the hotel was full, and the free breakfast was overwhelmed in the morning. It seemed that they were ill staffed for that many people so I settled for cereal and toast.

Still, a serviceable hotel that I'd stay in again.

• Stayed March 2013
sturbow, General Manager at Embassy Suites Denver - Southeast, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear RyryE,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I sincerely appreciate your feedback and I am very sorry you were unhappy with our two-room suites. I will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. If there is anything at all I have not addressed or you would like to discuss further, please do not hesitate to let me know. Thank you again.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

First and foremost I have been to plenty of hotels especially the Hilton brand hotels since my brother in law was an employee (assistant general manager) of numerous Hilton hotels in Colorado and graduated from CSU with a hotel management degree. I know what good service is and your hotel could be in the worst of neighborhoods but if their is great customer service people will remembering and make sure to come back and send a great review for everyone else to know.

It was my birthday weekend and my hisband planned for us to go to Denver to spend the night and shop the next day. (we live in Colorado Springs). There was a huge blizzard and we were still determined to make the drive after my husband worked 10 hours and keep our reservation for the sake of losing our money. Wrong we should have just lost it.

It was late (around 9ish after dinner) and we made our 8 minute drive to the hotel from the restaurant. My husband dropped me off at the entrance so I could check in and avoid the cold walk from the parking lot, as I walked in there were two people at the desk. I told one of guys my name and he gave me a smirk. He then proceeded to tell me how I smelt sooo good...mind you Im married and the way he said it made me uncomfortable. He then told me he needed a credit card for the room being that it was my birthday I didnt know how my husband paid...so I asked him since my husband is parking can we switch cards in the morning to his since he was paying...he proceeded to tell me it was okay..we could do it in the morning. Fine. My hisband walked in I told him the deal and we proceeded to our room.

Immediately as we walked in our room it smelled musty...the room was old fashioned...and I could tell renovations were in progress. (ok no problem we are tired...thats part of the process). I wanted my desert from dinner and needed utensils and we
looked all over and didnt find any. We decided to call room service...literally we called all the numbers on the phone amd not one person picked up...we called each 10 times. So my husband got dressed and went downstairs...the front desk was rude and said they didnt have any and he needed to go to the bar and ask. Oh and they were too busy to amswer phones...no apology!!!!

Next morning...we skipped breakfast and as we walked out I noticed the bill on the floor. They charged my card and my husband told me he paid for the entirw thing the day he reserved it online! We went to the front desk and told the guy we had been charged twice! He didnt believe us! My husband pulled up his bank account on his phine and showed him the posted amount...my husband explained how it was the worst stay ever!!! NOTHING!!! NO APOLOGY OR RECOGNITION OF THE ISSUES WE HAD! Never again will we go to that hotel...had we gotten a sincere recognition or apology we would understand...but that was how we were left....a I dont give a crap attitude. Never again.

Dear MrsStephZ,

Thank you very much for your comments. First, I would like to sincerely apologize for the customer service issues you experienced during your stay. I have no reason or excuse as to why the phones were not answered. I can honestly tell you that the Director of Operations was actually in the restaurant from approximately 8-10PM that night and she reported no issues that reflected your problems whatsoever. We will certainly re-examine the entire issue and your experience to figure out what went wrong and how we can correct it for future guests.

I am also very sorry for the poor service and inappropriate comment you received at the desk. That was a new agent who was trying to be friendly and we have since spoken to him to ensure this does not happen again in the future. I do appreciate your comment as we are always looking for ways to improve and unfortunately making mistakes can sometimes be the best learning experience.

In regards to the credit card issue, as I am sure you have seen by now, the charge you spoke about was just an authorization on your card. If you used a debit card, these often show up as charges but are only authorizations. I absolutely and completely assure you that your card was never charged since your husband prepaid. The desk agents were indeed telling you the truth; your card was never charged for the stay, only for an authorization against any incidentals you may use (movies, restaurant, etc) and this is standard hotel practice. As I hope/expect that you can see that on your side, I would greatly appreciate if you could amend your comment to reflect that you were indeed not charged as that seems to be one of the major problems you commented on.

At the end of the day, clearly our service was not up to your standard or ours and I am very sorry for that. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that I can send you a gift certificate for a complimentary stay or I am happy to figure out another way to make this up to you. If there is anything at all I have not addressed or that you would like to discuss further, please do not hesitate to let me know. Thank you again for your comments and for your stay.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Overall I enjoyed my stay here. The room was comfortable and quite. The bathroom looked like it had recently been updated. However, the rest of the room did look like it needs to be renovated. It was a little dated.

My problems started with the elevator ... there was only one elevator serving my side of the hotel. This made for some long waiting times for an elevator.

Second ... My first morning I came down for breakfast (included with the room) to find a line stretching half way across the very large atrium area. Seeing that almost every table that was not occupied had dirty trays on them I decided to set a couple of tables up on my own since we had a larger party. I got in line for breakfast and waited about 15 mins. By the time I got up to the counter to order I finally saw what looked like the manager starting to buss tables so people could sit down with out dirty dishes next to them. The breakfast offerings were good and varied.

Over the course of the weekend it did seem like the hotel was very understaffed as there was often a wait to get food or drinks.

I did get a chance to use the gym ... it has a couple of treadmills and some stationary bikes. One of the treadmills was broken. Overall the gym is small and had a limited selection of weights but was better than nothing. Towels were provided as was water.

If I were to give this place another chance I would want to know that the staffing problems had been resolved.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear JoeChgo,

Thank you so much for your comments and I am very sorry for the inconveniences you experienced. The breakfast situation during your stay was completely our fault and I sincerely apologize. The amount of same day reservation rooms we picked up during the weekend was 4-5x our historical pickup and we were unprepared for the amount of guests in the hotel as a result. In addition, we had a breakfast busser and a PM server call in sick. Obviously this is our problem and our fault and we accept full responsibility and are re-examining our practices as a result. I just wanted you to understand that this was not done on purpose in anyway. We rely on our historical data to appropriately staff for these situations and it was clearly off well beyond our ability to overcome it. We have learned a tough lesson as a result and if there is anything that I can do to make up for this experience, I am happy to. Please let me know.

Thank you as well for your comments about the other areas of the hotel. I am glad to hear that the rest of your stay went well. If there is anything at all I did not address or anything more that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know. Thank you again for staying with us.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I come to this area for work often and always stay at the Embassy Suites Denver-Southeast. The staff is always so pleasant and great to work with. I have a large vehicle that has to be accommodated and the engineer always remembers me and is quick to help out. The breakfast is a typical tasty Embassy Suites spread and the happy hour with food and drinks is always pleasant. The waiters and waitresses remember my order and are very helpful. I also enjoy the gym here because it has a variety of machines and free weights. There is a plaza across the street with a few restaurants and shopping and there is also a shuttle that will take you down the street if needed. Very enjoyable stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Saint Paul, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Got to the hotel at 7pm just in time for the complimentary happy hour. There was ONE bartender with a line of at least 10 people and a full bar and all the snacks were gone and were not replenished. Only one elevator was working to get to our 4th floor room. Got to room. Smelled musty and there was hair in the bathtub. Beds were comfy and there was plenty of room. In room movies were crazy expensive-$20 after taxes.
Breakfast in the morning was a joke. There was not a traditional buffet. You had to stand in line for not only an omelet but pancakes etc..The line was 15 people deep with one cook! Cold cereal was the best option unless you want to stand in a line for 30 minutes. This location is 20-30 minutes from the airport and a little cheaper than the airport locations.The front desk staff was nice but I would not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear LfromMN,

I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our team to ensure this does not happen again. I assure you that our staff is properly trained to handle our guests needs during complimentary breakfast and managers reception even when they appear to be busy. I was in the hotel, helping and observing during your stay and the lines of 10 people were taking on average 5 minutes to get through. That is about the time it would take you to get breakfast or drinks in any establishment, and even more so in one that is serving those items complimentary. In regards to the movies, the prices are set by the vendor, not the hotel and I am also sorry this did not meet your needs. I appreciate your kind comments about our staff and I hope that if you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again. Thank you.

Durango, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Awesome place! Same price as many hotels but much nicer. Soft pillows nice sheets comfortable bed. Love the sperate den with sleeper sofa and jack and jill bath great for kids. Right off the interstate & Across from whole foods and chipolte :)

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Embassy Suites Denver - Southeast? Share your experiences!