“Be advised if you use points or use 3rd party bookings” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast & Wi-Fi
Ranked #43 of 149 Hotels in Denver
Texas
“Be advised if you use points or use 3rd party bookings”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We checked into the hotel with 3 rooms for a 4 night stay. Upon arrival we were told our classification of room was not ready due to a maintenance issue. When pressed they said it was either a bad air conditioner, bathroom issue or something else. I asked exactly what the issue was as we had made the reservation months in advance.

Then the desk clerk said, "You used a 3rd party booking (Amex points) so all we have to do is give you a room". When I pointed out we were also HHonors members, he said, " That doesn't matter". I was somewhat surprised he had actually admitted this, as it's not something any guest should hear out loud.

As usual the elevators always have 1 that is inoperable. This really isn't a problem, except its always something that is on-going and gets old after a few visits.

The rooms were a bit musty, and the thermostat was set on 65, but really was more in the 72-75 range. Thankfully, you can open an outside door for relief.

I will say I spoke to the manager in the hotel briefly in the elevator one morning. He asked if I was enjoying my stay, and I explained what the desk clerk had told me. He did agree that this should not have been mentioned. That further my suspicions that this was exactly what happens at this hotel.

The hotel chain prides itself on its breakfast and managers cocktail reception. As far as the breakfast, the quality has slipped somewhat. I did notice the bacon is recycled from the day before as well as the potatoes. I asked the cook and all he could do was shrug and smile.

I think for the point value, I'll look for another alternative. Thanks, but no thanks.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
sturbow, General Manager at Embassy Suites Denver - Southeast, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Dear TexasGal-02,

Thank you very much for your comments in regards to your recent stay. I sincerely apologize that we did not live up to your expectations. I also apologize that the guest agent told you that your Hilton Honors status “does not matter.” We value all of our guests and especially our loyal guests. I believe that the Front Desk agent was just trying to explain that bookings made through 3rd party vendors such as Expedia, Hotels.com or Amex are not eligible for Hilton Honors points or rewards. Only reservations made directly through our hotel or the brand are eligible for these benefits and this is true at all branded hotels.

I am also sorry that the elevator was not working. We are indeed waiting for a very specialized part but this was the first time we have had a problem with an elevator in my almost 4 years at this hotel.

In regards to breakfast, neither the bacon nor the potatoes are recycled from the day before. Both items are made fresh every day specifically due to the amount of each we serve every single day.

I do appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience and I especially thank you for sharing with me when we met in the elevator. Although I have a different recollection of our conversation, I do indeed always want to know how we can improve and welcome any and all comments.

Thank you again for staying with us and please feel free to contact me if there is anything I have not addressed or anything more I can assist with. I hope you will give us a second chance if you return to the area and experience the excellent level of hospitality that the Embassy Suites brand and this hotel specifically is known for.

303-696-6644

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Canon City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

We have stayed at other Embassy Suites which we absolutely LOVE, and this one wasn't quite as nice. It seems a little older, even though the rooms were nice and clean and pretty updated. We did not like the location nearly as much. It was slightly hard to find, and the building looked "shady" and on a very busy street. Overall the breakfast was great and it definitely wasn't the worst hotel we've ever stayed in. Next time we will choose the Tech Center location.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
sturbow, General Manager at Embassy Suites Denver - Southeast, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Dear Melissa T,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you found the hotel nice and clean and enjoyed the breakfast as well. Those are certainly the pillars of our success. I am sorry that you found the building to be "shady" and on a busy street. Most hotels are indeed on busy streets and in highly populated areas. Our neighborhood is actually a very nice area with quite a bit of growth and development. There is a gorgeous Whole Foods Market across the street as well as 20+ restaurants, 2 movie theatres and a light rail stop within walking distance. Overall we greatly appreciate your comments and your patronage and look forward to hosting you again soon. If I can ever be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Wichita Falls, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

The property overall is a good, standard Embassy Suites, but does need an update. Everything from the lobby to the rooms is dated, but is clean. No complaints about the staff, everyone was very helpful. The breakfast was a good and hot breakfast with all of your standard choices.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
St. Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

We stay at Embassy Suites properties for the space, consistency, and breakfasts. This one didn't let us down on that front. What set it apart, for us, was the response from the management to a problem we had with a guest smoking outside our room. The smoke came through our door and permeated the room. When we contacted the front desk, they sent someone up immediately, moved the guest to a different area of the hotel, and fumigated the hallways. This quick response was handled professionally and satisfactorily.
The made-to-order eggs and omelets were cooked directly on the flattop grill so they were prepared quickly--an important benefit when under a time constraint.
This property isn't fancy but it met our needs.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
sturbow, General Manager at Embassy Suites Denver - Southeast, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Dear caroltravels,

Wow, what a nice review. Thank you very much for taking the time to make your feeling known. We truly enjoy satisfying our guests and it was our pleasure to make this right for you. We realize we are not perfect but we believe in doing anything within our control to take care of our guests and we pride ourselves on it. Our service, cleanliness and overall helpfulness are the true pillars that each and every employee here wishes to be known for and we are delighted that it made a difference for you. In addition, our omelet chefs are known far and wide and I am so glad to hear that you had an enjoyable breakfast. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to hosting you again in the future.

To anyone else that may read this review, please know that this hotel (as well as just about every other hotel out there) just wants a chance to address and fix any problems you may have. If there is ever something you are not happy with, let us know. We have an incredible amount of guests that pass through our doors every year. We try to catch everything and we would love it if every single guest was 100% happy with every single aspect of the quality and condition of their stay. However, we know as hard as we may try and as much as we wish we were, we are not perfect. All we want is a chance to make our guests happy and to immediately address anything that is not satisfactory. Hospitality is what we do.

St. Louis, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

This is a standard old style Embassy Suites hotel. Embassy suites is my favorite hotel chain and I like to stay at these when they are reasaonably piced and fit my budget. I love the atrium, great breakfast, and extra space (two rooms). This property is very reasonably priced too. We stay here for a night or two everytime we go to the Colorado mountains to see Denver and adjust to the altitude. I agree that some of the furniture could use an update, but it's really not in bad shape. It's a quick drive downtown from here. There is a park ajoining the property if the weather is nice and you want to take a walk. The indoor pool is always great for the kids. // We always come back here. It just feels like home. Twice we stayed at higher rated properties on trip advisor (downtown once and closer to the mountains where we were going once), but really missed this place and always just book here now. It just didn't feel right being anywhere else, and we liked this property more than the higher rated properties too -- was better for the ammenities that we care about and better priced.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear Kathy 884,

Thank you so much for your comments. I have shared your review with the entire staff as we take great pleasure in the multitude of guests who return to us year after year after year. We take great pride in our service, cleanliness and the upkeep of our property and we appreciate you noticed. There are certainly a multitude of Embassy Suites hotels in the Denver area and we appreciate that you keep coming back to us. The amenities within and surrounding our hotel truly make a difference for a lot of our guests and we are glad they worked for you. We look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Denver. Please stop by and say hello if you have a chance. I enjoy meeting all of our guests and especially the ones who have been with us for many years. Thanks again!

Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

This hotel is definitely showing its age. The breakfast is pretty good (typical low quality, bland eggs) but that is about as good as it gets. Get rid of the polyester bed coverings and switch to the high quality duvets the rest of the Hilton chains have. The entire hotel needs to be renovated. The lobby is by far the nicest place in the hotel (very relaxing in the evenings). The finishings in the hotel are in disrepair. Rooms are dark and drab with a cramped bathroom. Switched my hotel for the next week of business travel in the Denver area.

Room Tip: My bedroom window was not properly sealed. Unless I left the bedroom door open, I froze at night.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear ss45956,

Thank you very much for your comments in regards to your recent stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast. I am so sorry that the rest of the hotel was not up to your standards. I will certainly admit that we are not the most recently renovated hotel around but your comment about the rooms being dark and drab is not a comment I have heard in the past. Our rooms are actually the largest Embassy Suites rooms in Denver and every single room in the hotel has either a sliding glass door or window that opens allowing in ample sunlight to go along with the 14 light fixtures that are in the room. If you have a chance to stay with us in the future and your particular room in not satisfactory; either because it is too dark or because the sliding glass door is broken, please let us know immediately. It is our pleasure to rectify any problems you may have and to ensure that you are comfortable in your room. Regardless, I am truly sorry you were unhappy with your stay. If there is anything at all we can do to earn back your business, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Thank you again for your comments.

San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

This ia an adequate property is desperate need of updating, old style embassy suites with atrium in the center, best reason to stat here is the breakfast buffet, managers reception at night and gym

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Embassy Suites Denver - Southeast? Share your experiences!