“Runs hot & cold” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Downtown

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn Downtown to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   401 17th Street, Denver, CO 80202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #62 of 147 hotels in Denver
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
“Runs hot & cold”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Needs a facelift. Staff was very friendly but beyond that, I expect more for $170 a night. Tub (room 961) would not drain while showering. Hot and cold (single faucet handle) in tub was very sensitive and or I was sharing hot water with another room? Also, one soda machine on the premises and out of diet soda. Bummer, had to walk to subway for a diet soda.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

355 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

This hotel is very nice. I was lucky to get a corner room with a large window. There wasn't much to see but it was nice to let in the sun. The hotel offers a nice breakfast (complimentary) in the morning and coffee all day long. Oh and the best part, warm cookies around 5:30. The location is amazing. Only 2 blocks from 16th Street, you have tons of shopping at your fingertips. Great area to walk in and the staff is willing and able to help you with any questions! Great stay-

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
DenverComfortInn, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Eshleman13,

Thank you for sharing your comments about the Comfort Inn Downtown. We are grateful that you saw the value of a complementary hot breakfast before you explored the heart of Denver. Our staff creates memorable experiences starting with the fresh cookies each evening and we are willing to recommend tailored adventures so you can finish your day feeling you experienced the best sites and shopping around. We are excited to hear that you experienced the comfort you deserve. We will be honored to see you again.

bellwood@denvercomfortinn.com
Santa Fe, NM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

From the excellent service at check-in to the lovely corner room that was given to us I have to say this was a very nice hotel experience. While it is by no means a 5 star hotel, it is tastefully decorated and clean. The room is not one of your bigger rooms and the bathroom in our room was quite small; maybe because it was a corner room, but that was not a big problem for us. (There is storage for your toiletries when you open the mirror over the sink.) The design of the windows on the corner rooms gives you the treat of nice view of downtown Denver. Breakfast is included with your stay and it is your standard buffet breakfast food but the dining room is spacious and inviting. There is an attendant to clean up immediately after a party leaves their table so you don't walk into a messy dining room. Also, the location of this hotel being within walking distance of the 16th St. Mall and Coors Field is a big plus. We will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room if you want some good views as well as being nice and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed in the comfrot inn Oxon Hill Maryland 2 weeks before. This Denver downtown comfort inn blew me away because of how well maintained the property was and the fact that it's in a great location, walking distance to the main and conference center. Room (2 double beds) and bathroom were small, but that shouldn't matter as long as you don't plan on having multiple kids needing to stay in that small room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Despite the old fashion look of the building and out-dated carpets, the room was actually very modern and clean. The staff were very helpful and polite. Our room had an air-condition redirector on the side of the vent to prevent the cold air blowing directly towards the bed side. I thought it was quite clever and thoughtful. Their breakfast was included in the room price, but not much of a selection. The rooms were not sound proofed, I could hear next door very clearly. Overall, it is a comfortable and clean hotel, a bit expensive though.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
DenverComfortInn, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear Yoghurtland,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are constantly working on our rooms to provide the superior product you deserve. We are honored that you took some time to review our efforts. We look forward to seeing you again.

Bellwood@denvercomfortinn.com
New York, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I had to book at the Comfort Inn for a conference, due to my belated planning and other hotels in a similar price range ($212 per night including tax) and conference proximity being booked. This was my first stay at a Comfort Inn and I was expecting a mediocre experience from this "budget" hotel. I was pleasantly surprised at my 6th floor corner king bed room which had large wrap around windows, making the room very sunny and cheerful, and was comfortably sized. The furnishings and bathroom hardware were budget type, but the bathroom was clean and well laid out and the bed was comfortable.

One caveat--the food is mediocre. The front desk told me that the food is catered by the upscale Brown hotel across the street. My room service salmon salad was OK, but the fruit plate was mostly a bunch of poorly washed grapes and honeydew and cantaloupe that looked and tasted like it was cut a few days before. The complimentary breakfast consists of bad coffee with no real milk other than 2% (get from cereal area), pre-fab pastries and tater tots and sausages; and scrambled eggs.

Second caveat--the Tv remote was difficult to work and I could not advance through the channels easily. It seemed to be designed to easily default to the pay per view movie section

Room Tip: Choose corner king bed room
Dear Physician,

Thank you for joining us here in Denver. We are delighted you enjoyed the panoramic views that our King bed rooms provide. Many business travelers enjoy these rooms because of the ample desk space they provide and for the opportunity to visually explore the city without procrastination of their work commitments. We would be grateful for the opportunity to welcome you back to Denver for your next conference.

Sincerley,
bellwood@denvercomfortinn.com
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Price was high and the rooms are small! At least mine was, after looking on here at some pics some of the rooms look bigger, maybe because mine was right at the corner with another on the same corner. Let me back up... while finding this hotel wasn't the problem(GPS took us right in front)! The problem was it wasn't in front of the mandatory valet parking(28.00 for smaller vehicles & more for larger(I had a big truck))! After going round and round for 30 minutes we stopped in the front off to the side but still in the road to go in and ask "how to get to the valet one way street' well the maintance man came out and gave us great directions at 12:30AM! Thank you MM you saved the day!!! So FYI find Tremont to get to the valet! Check in was nice then we head up the elevator to find our room! That's when we were shocked to see that it was listed for 209 plus tax and it was small! We got 2 beds and thank God we didn't have the kids or we wouldn't of been able to move much. Then we noticed that there were some stain on the carpet a lot of stains big white ones. We were so tired we just thought we will tell them in the morning. We woke up to a nice view(best part of our visit)!!! We were on the 10th floor and it looked over to the Brown Palace Hotel which looked more historical than the building we were in. We went downstairs and the breakfast was decent. My only complaint there was they ran out of eggs and it never was refilled the whole 30 minutes we were down there. I then went over to the desk to tell them about the stains on the carpet the young lady at the desk was very nice and I emailed her the photo I took with my phone and she said it would be taken care of right away, and I could move if I wanted. I said no I was checking out in about 15 minutes. Upstairs to pack and then check out was easy, and they called valet, valet was there within a minute and gave us directions to the hospital! All in all I think everything was OK but not worth staying again... I think the cleaniness of the rooms is an area this hotel needs to work on! We noticed several things that could of easily been avoiding if the housekeeping would pay more attention to detail. Hair on the sink, top of TV cabinet dusty, window seal a little dusty! I think I pick hotels apart since I work for one however I expect the best when I stay no matter the rate! We will be back in June but I think we will stay at the Marriott!

Room Tip: Higher floors are better for the view. This hotel has 22 floors!!!
Dear 1234travel1234,
Thank you for your review. Some travelers get confused by the many one way streets that surround the hotel. If you are using GPS on your handheld device, we suggest using the address of 1717 Tremont Place, Denver, CO 80202 in order to easily find the hotel's front door.

We would be honored to talk to you further about your experience and honored to see you return.

Regards,
bellwood@comfortinndowntown.com

Been to Comfort Inn Downtown? Share your experiences!