“Do Not Stay Here” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1550 Court Place, Denver, CO 80202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #59 of 147 hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Connecticut
“Do Not Stay Here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

This was the official hotel for a wedding we attended and had it not been so, we never would have stayed here. Parking was a rip off - $26 per day for valet and the garage was closed. They should have disclosed that when we booked the room (or even when they sent an e-mail confirmation 2 days before we arrived). On top of that, the valet employees were EXTREMELY rude. Our room had no soap and despite asking for some to be brought to us, we never received any. We stayed there for two nights and our room was never cleaned and we had to ask for fresh towels to be brought to us. The concierge knew next to nothing about the area (he couldn't even recommend a restaurant for breakfast). Overall, it was a total rip off and I would never tell anyone to stay here.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
SheratonDenDtwn, Marketing Associate at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. All comments are helpful while we work out the kinks from being an Adams Mark and transforming to the Sheraton! I greatly appreciate your idea of guests receiving notice of our parking situation through the confirmation emails. And while the parking garage closure is stated on our website, starting now, it will also be in our confirmation emails and other guest communication. Thanks again and please feel free to call me to discuss and further comments or concerns at 303.626.2567.

1,309 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
Southeast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2009

They still have quite a few problems to work out with their renovation activity. Elevators in the Tower Unit were a partcularly bad problem with waits as long as 15 minutes. With multiple meetings on a rigid time schedule the elevator problem was particularly frustrating. Lobby area was nice. Management did respond fairly to my reported shortcomings. Not worth the price at this time, $159 per night due to a full house and large meeting. Location makes up for some of the hotel deficiencies and I will try them again in the future hopefully by then they will have addressed may of their current shortcomings and provide a better value.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2009

I stay at over 90 hotels every year. I have seen everything. I was very worried to see all the bad reviews on this place. Here is the deal, Sheraton took this place over recently the owners are putting a ton of $ to get the place good as new. Has there been some growing pains ? I bet thee has, every day that goes by that will become less of a issue. THE STAFF I am hard on staff, I just am. I had probably 10 times I needed something important done during my stay. The staff bent over backwards for me and exceeded my expectations every time. I was wrong to lower my expectations of this place. Everything about my stay was great, location, room,staff and I got it bidding on Priceline for cheap and was treated like a king. Trust me on this one..

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
SheratonDenDtwn, Marketing Associate at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2009
byuby5 - Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful comment. We have and are still working very hard to transform into the Sheraton brand that our guests know and love. It was great to hear that our staff was accommodating and helpful during your stay. Please feel free to call me (303.626.2567) if you have any other suggestions or comments and we look forward to having you as a guest again, should your travels bring you back to Denver!
Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

The front desk people were quite friendly. Even though there was a host of people arriving for a convention, the desk person was calm and treated me as If I was the only person he had to see. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. My biggest complaint was the heat. The thermostat read 68 degrees, but the room had to have been closer to 75. the temp would not go down despite my turning on the AC. I did not sleep well due to the heat. The restaurant staff was very friendly, but service was slow. Food was just okay. Within walking distance to Capital and Denver civic center. The hotel parking was closed, but there was public parking is close by. Overall not a bad stay, but for a comparable hotel in downtown Denver, I would recommend the Grand Hyatt over the Sheraton.

Pueblo, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

I was first annoyed by valet parking only. We like to come and go as we please and don't want strangers in our vehicle. The hotel was being renovated. Sheraton bought the Adam's Mark. The location is central and convenient. The pool area was nice and clean and on a roof. I was bothered by $11 a day internet access. Free WiFi in the lobby only. I would not pay full price for the room we stayed in.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2009

My wife and I stayed here three nights. The hotel's self-parking garage was closed, so we had to pay $26/night for valet parking. Internet access cost $11/night. As mentioned by others, the hotel staff is not particularly helpful. The maid service in cleaning the room is poor. This is the only hotel room I've ever stayed in that didn't provide a local telephone book. The remote control for the TV didn't work properly. The hotel did not deliver USA Today to each room; rather, it left 12 copies near the elevators on each floor. If you didn't get there early, you didn't get a paper.
Hotel was very expensive, even with a "discounted" conference rate.
I wouldn't stay at the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel again. I'd strongly recommend that other visitors to downtown Denver find a different hotel.

New Haven, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2009

It's unbelievable.

If you are the person who hates having the bed sheets 'UNRAVEL' through the night, this is NOT the hotel for you.

They claim they spent $70 million on renovating the place, but they refuse to use 'fitted' sheets.

These established, old hotels need to take a tip from either Courtyard Marriott or Hilton Garden Inn: Both of these newer hotel chains are perfect when it comes to understanding the modern traveler. Both hotel chains use fitted sheets.

Fitted sheets means it doesn't come loose at all (just like at your house).

The person who invented this new-fangled, idiotic way to make a bed should be thrown in jail. Can you imagine how awful waking up to a lumpy, sliding piece of white cloth? Only idiotic hotels still use this method.

Please...I beg you...stay at the Courtyard Marriott or the Hilton Garden Inn or any hotel that still has fitted sheets.

Support those people who want a good night's sleep.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!