“Average hotel, poor value.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1550 Court Place, Denver, CO 80202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #61 of 147 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Average hotel, poor value.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I spent four nights here. Overlapping conventions caused severe delays in access to rooms. Service was kind and honest about the matter, however, the rooms were average at best and lacked cleanliness requiring room changes. I am a loyal SPG member. I would not choose this location again unless required by reason of a convention. The convention facilities were excellent and ideal for a moderate size meeting in-house.

There are numerous places to eat within easy walking distance, and a mall is nearby for shopping.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
Appleton, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

What a location! If you want to stay in Denver and be in the hub if the city, this is the place. They actually have 2 buildings and it is a bit of a maze. Great places to eat, the pool is really cool on the roof. We couldn't use it because of the wild fires (very smoky). The room was large and the beds & pillows are wonderful. Parking is added to your bill. Make sure you keep a room key when leaving or you will pay for parking twice. That's what happened to us and we did get reimbursed right away. You can use the bus (it's free) right on the main drag to go up and down. We used it to go to the end and walked to Coors Field for a baseball game. Enjoy Denver!

• Stayed June 2013
SheratonDenver, Director of Sales at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Wiscmom2,
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your trip to Denver! Thank you for making memories at the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel. We believe that being right on the World Famous 16th Street Mall where you are close to almost everything you need sets us apart from our competitors. We hope you enjoyed the Colorado Rockies game and our wonderful city. Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We hope the next time you are in Denver, you allow us to welcome you to our community once again.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

First let me say that I prefer Starwood properties and try to stay in them when possible. This was the worst stay I've had at any of their properties. I was greeted by an unhelpful bellman who immediate told me my truck was too tall for the parking garage so I couldn't valet. He directed me to a self pay lot around the corner ( this was 10PM) that was vacant and guarded by the children of the corn. I decided to try the hotel garage anyways and my truck fit fine. It's a 4Runner with a roof rack and mild lift. The national truck of Colorado. Room service was SLOW. Every idiot driving downtown has the loudest exhaust I've ever heard! Sounds like a race track. It's 3AM, waiting for Snooze to open so I can get out of here! Will not be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Chuck S, Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear MCMCB,
I truly appreciate your comments and will definitely forward them to our parking operation leadership. I am sorry that your arrival experience was not more welcoming, we strive to make this a pleasant experience and it was not such in your case. I also apologize that your In Room Dining experience was not more positive as well. We receive many positive comments from our guests regarding this service and it is rare to receive a negative comment in this area. We do have height restrictions for parking set at 6 feet 3 inches posted on our website. While there are sections of the parking facility where vehicles slightly over this height can park, we ask that vehicles over this restriction not park in our facility so that no damage would occur to their vehicle. I truly understand your comment regarding Colorado and taller vehicles; however our structure was built in 1959 and was definitely designed with shorter vehicles in mind. If you would like to contact me directly, I would welcome an opportunity to speak with you: chuck.schuringa@sheraton.com
Colorado Springs
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Spent four nights at this hotel. I should have known that it wasn't good when I was informed at check -in that they had put someone else with the same last name into my room the day before. I asked if they had the same first name, if they reserved a room for the same duration, were they from the same city? The clerk said that only the last name was the same and it was their fault. The bed had a "major " dip on one side of mattress. The Tv is at a bad angle for watching from the bed. There are no dressers in the rooms to put your clothes in. My room didn't have a refrigerator. Bathroom and tub/shower are small. The Curtis Hotel has walk-in showers.I set my thermostat to 66 but it never got cool enough to use covers. The breakfast is way over priced for the quality of food. We stay in Denver 6-8 times per year for concerts and sporting events. When we go we always stay for long weekend. We will never stay at this Sheraton again...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear ogrkkco,
Thank you for your comments regarding your arrival experience and the concerns you outlined regarding your accommodations. I am sorry that our Front Office team made an error in your case. This should not have happened. I am also sorry that you did not enjoy your room and the amenities if provided. We do deliver refrigerators upon request. I am concerned about your comments regarding your bed; we have recently installed Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds in all of our guest rooms. Without knowing which room you occupied I cannot properly address the situation and would welcome contact from you should you wish it: chuck.schuringa@sheraton.com
Bloomington, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The hotel was nice and in a great location just off the 16th Street Pedestrian Mall. Our room had a great view. There was a spot in the bathroom ceiling that looked like it needed attention. We ordered room service for breakfast. They told us it would be 30 minutes or less but it took almost an hour, the food was cold, and they messed up our order.

Dear KathyAnn78,
We have contacted our engineering department as well as our In Room Dining manager regarding the challenges you faced during your stay. Please accept our apology. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our positioning on the World Famous 16th Street Mall, as well as the views of our beautiful Rocky Mountains. We hope to welcome you back into our community again in the future. Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a suite so we didn't have to travel to and from comic-con. It was on the seventh floor over looking the mall and the mountains. Check In had me scared cause the line was almost out the door but we only waited about 15 mins. Josh our front desk guy was more than knowledgeable and super helpful thanks josh.on sat we got breakfast delivered our room service lady "janelle" helped out with our discount but she was able to go out of her way to help out. Sad to say the breakfast left a lot to the imagination and was expensive for the amout and quality (super greasy potatoes and gross burt bacon) we had lunch at the bar mix 16 I think it was call the drinks are amazing. I think our bartender was named dillion I believe nice guy and a great conversationalist. Thanks for a great time can't wait to stay there again

• Stayed May 2013
SheratonDenver, Director of Sales at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear badgerfighter,
We are delighted to hear that upon arrival, you had a smooth check in despite the long line! Our first priority is to our customers and we are happy that we were able to create such a memorable experience for you. We hope you enjoyed Comic-Con and are excited to hear that the next time you are in Denver, we get to welcome you back to the Sheraton. Thank you for your wonderful feedback.
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

With the brand, and location was expecting MORE. The hotel is in a great location, but there are other places I will stay next time. the Rooms were noisy (the fans in the room were so antiquated), tiny grungy bathrooms, small rooms, wireless is terrible, but the biggest beef -- horrific service and terrible attitude from front desk staff. They obviously did not value my business -- and from other colleagues this was their experience as well

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Chuck S, Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Kamala69,
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We use this feedback to constantly improve our service and the hotel to exceed the expectations of our guests; I am so sorry that we failed to do so in your circumstance. We definitely should have prepared your room better prior to your arrival as well as provided a better response when you brought your concerns to our attention at the Front Desk. I am glad that you thought our location was a positive element to your stay here, I agree, it is the best in the City of Denver. I want you to know that I truly do value your business and would welcome an opportunity to express this in person, if you desire to do so, please contact me at chuck.schuringa@sheraton.com.
Hotel Manager

Been to Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!