“Not paying attention” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #61 of 149 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Not paying attention”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This place does not pay attention to the guests,.. Stayed in December and had a difficult time checking in, staying and leaving! Checking in they said my room would be upgraded to a king ... Wait that is what my reservations as for ..l what I did not know is that I would be placed in a room with no heat. The heat could not be fixed until the next day, and they would not move me to a different room. Then, I returned in the evening - to find the heat still not fixed and the room not clean. I went to the front desk anathema nagger told me that my rate did not nyc,use daily cleaning - I was paying $235...he said since I was a platinum member of their point club that I would get cleaning that day " on the house". When I wanted to check out, they ask me to give the dates of stay - as she did not show anyone In my room number! Then the valet could not locate the car for at least 30 minutes. Easy things to solve if a property is paying attention to the guest!

Room Tip: Go anywhere else
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
SheratonDenver, General Manager at Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear JDcomments: Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We do apologize for the challenges and any confusion you experienced during your stay. Housekeeping is included in all our rates. The only exception is when a guest opts for the Make A Green Choice program, which bypasses housekeeping to save resources. This optional program is rewarded with SPG points or a gift certificate for a discounted breakfast. Additionally, we apologize for the delay in addressing your heating unit. Typically, a member of our team is able to address your concerns more efficiently. We encourage you to notify our Valet team approximately 30 minutes prior to your departure so they have time to collect your vehicle. We hope you will allow us to welcome you back to our community again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
Eastpointe, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I had to do a night meeting in denver on Dec. 17 and with all my loyalty cards and points I decided the best option was Sheraton Downtown Denver but I have to say was very disappointed in my Tower building room.. Yes it had an OK view but frankly a very small room with a miniscule bathroom and things looks rather old and used up.. even the shower handles and the toilet flushing ability were very mediocre. The part that bothered me most is that I was very nicvely welcomed and appreciated as a Gold Member and I asked if I can get any upgarde to the rom -as this is a normal request for such level in case they have something availoable- and I was told that I have a GREAT room, on the CLUB floor so I maybe anticipated entering a beautifully appointed elegant large room and when I felt so cooped, it was too late and I was too tired even to argue as just a one night stay I did not need to waste my time going up and down negotiating so I took it! I have to be honest in all my Gold memberships of other chains, the one that treats the loyal customers best is Marriott!

Room Tip: Be a bit more specific when asking about what kind of room? I was naive to take the statement of &qu...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Ihab Z: Thank you for allowing us to be your home away from home during your business trip. We appreciate your loyalty to the Starwood Preferred Guest program. Whenever possible we do our best to upgrade our SPG members, and when an upgrade is not available we do offer the best available room. We hope you were able to enjoy the Club Lounge. Next time business or pleasure brings you to our community we hope you will choose to stay with us.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

AVOID!!! TERRIBLE!! DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY, SLEEP, OR SANITY!!!

This is by far the worst hotel I have ever come across. I'm talking worse than a 14 bed cheap hostel in the Red Light district of Amsterdam. Check in lines were hours long. Security was worse than non-existent (they kept cops from going up to the rooms, where they we're desperately needed). Parties raged all night for nights on end (I lasted 1 hour but my boyfriend had to stay a full night). The garage is incredibly tight and filled with huge cars. The fire alarms kept going off, so the elevators were out half the time. We had friends get a club level room. They were charged for drinks ($9 for a domestic beer, with no glass presented) and only got 1hr in the club room per day. There was no fridge in their room. They cancelled their stay as soon as we returned from dinner. I cancelled mine after the fourth call to security still yielded no response. I told them I would not be paying. I do not know how corporate allows this POS to be called "Sheraton". I've been to many and they are usually great. I would rather spend the night on a wooden floor than stay at this place, and I did. Words can't express how repugnant the entire experience was.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Maria L: We are disappointed to hear that your experience with us did not meet your expectations this holiday. We apologize for the disruptions in your rest. During your next stay we encourage you to utilize our Valet team to assist with parking your car. Additionally, we apologize for the confusion regarding your access to the Club Lounge. For guests staying on the Club floors or who have paid for the special access, the lounge is open and available 24 hours per day. A member of our team would be happy to provide a new key if your access card stops working. As you mentioned, most of our rooms do not have mini-refrigerators in them; however, during your next stay please feel free to let us know you would like one and we would be happy to provide one at no charge. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our community the next time your travels bring you back to our Mile High City.
oakland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for a night to attend a Broncos game. Got to the hotel at about 9:45am and was checked right into a room. As an SPG Platinum member, was hoping for an upgrade but was happy to get any room that early on a Sunday. Rate was $135 including breakfast. Room was in the Tower building. To get to my room, i had to take an elevator down, then walk about a hundred yards to take another elevator up to the room. Here's when things got tricky. The room and bathroom was really small. The bed smelled like old linens and not that fresh smell you typically get at a major hotel chain. Dropped everything and headed straight to the game. Got back and had dinner at the yardhouse bar that is attached to the Sheraton. A great amenity for this hotel along with the great location. Went back to the room, the heater was blowing out cold air and the TV didn't work. Called front desk and the guy came and fixed both in about 15 mins. Took a shower and the shower would only shoot out scalding hot water. Same guy came back and fixed that. The repair guy was friendly and made the situation easier to deal with. Got comfy, ordered Taken 2 and when the movie came on, it jumped and you couldnt make out the picture. Called the front desk and was told that happens and they removed it from my bill. At that point i just decided to go to sleep. The room experience is what makes me want to go to the Westin next time. But the service, location and amenities were nice. Stay away from that Tower Building if you can too long of a walk. Will not stay here again because of my room experience. Will stay at the Westin next time

• Stayed December 2012
Dear trevelyon: Thank you for your loyalty to the Starwood Preferred Guest program. Whenever possible we do our best to offer upgrades to our SPG members. We do apologize for the challenges you experienced in your room and appreciate your patience as our team members addressed your concerns. We certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Was greeted with trash on the "club floor" after upgrading to a suite. After discovering a miscommunication between myself and the front desk I was moved to a room with a king sized bed that was a standard size but was still charged 70% of the upgrade charge. Upon arriving in the new room, figured out the heat did not work at all which did not bode well considering it is December. Ordered room service later that evening and the pizza arrived only half cooked and the salad had rotten pieces of lettuce in it. Went down to front desk to complain about all of the above and was only compensated for the pizza charge ($18). Needless to say we cancelled our reservation here tomorrow night and will be switching hotels. Will not stay here ever again--awful hotel with awful customer service. Do not stay here.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Ann P: It is disappointing to hear of the challenges you experienced during your stay. We can assure you that typically our team members do their best to be welcoming and efficient for all our guests. We invite you to return to our community so we can prove to you that what you experienced is not the norm.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Very good check in staff. Fast, professional and friendly. The same a lounge staff. After not as good stay at the Westin Snowmass Village it was really refreshing.
Another plus - Club Lounge. A few computers, fast wi fi, a printer, a fax etc. Delicious breakfast. The best business hotel in Denver for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for Tower Room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear AndrewBrooklyn: Thank you for taking a moment to let us know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your loyalty to Starwood and look forward to welcoming you back to our community again soon.
Greeley, Colorado, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

First, there was a dog next door that yipped at night and early in the morning. The pillows were flat. The shower didn't work unless you stood in 3-4 inches of water in the tub. You could hear everything in the hallway and up fom the vents. The staff at the breakfast by the lobby were abysmal--took forever to get served and they didn't have milk. They didn't refill our coffee, forgot the juice, fruit and toast. Had to ask for our bill after waiting patiently--it wasn't horribly busy. I'd hate to be there when it was busy. And... The wifi didn't work!!! Not impressed. It's in a great location with access to many great restaurants, bars museums, the Capitol, etc. however, I won't be going back.

Room Tip: The view of downtown was nice. I'd stay someplace else next time.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Carol H: We are disappointed to hear of the challenges you experienced during your stay. We do apologize that your rest was disturbed by your neighbor. We invite you to return to our community again so we can prove that what you experienced is not the norm.

Been to Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!