“Great Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 147 hotels in Denver
Florida City, Florida
“Great Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

The hotel itself is not impressive from the outside and the first floor a bit dated(they are working on it ) but the room was very nice- updated, clean and the bed very comfortable. The elevators in the back wing are clean but the beautiful wood really needs stripped and redone but with some construction still going on, I'm guessing that will be last. The staff was VERY visitor friendly and helpful - always asking if help was needed or directions,etc. and Always smiling ! I would agree with a few other reviewers - a light breakfast available would be nice in addition to the full $11.95 one. The food for our all meetings & mixers was excellent ! I was there for 3 nights with little free time but did use the shuttle once (3mi radius) - if you use, make sure you book the return pick up at drop off to save a long wait as it is a busy shuttle. Airport pick up if using an airport shuttle is on an hourly schedule - less than in donwtown areas, so be ready at designated time. The pool area looked nice and the outdoor patio very nice for taking breaks, nice walking trail nearby also.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
jdilley, General Manager at Holiday Inn Denver - Cherry Creek, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay. I will share them with the staff. We know you have a lot of choices to stay when coming to Denver and we are glad you chose us. Thanks again for your comments and your business.

276 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Hartselle, Al
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I booked here for 4 nights because of the proximity to a local hospital where I was scheduled for some procedures. Good points were the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. There was a small fridge in the room. The breakfast buffet was expensive if you just wanted fruit or cereal and coffee but the made to order omelets were great. Kudos to the chef. The outdoor patio was pleasant with a central fire ring in the evening.

Now some areas that could stand some improvement. We were on the east side of the hotel (even numbered rooms) that faced Colorado Blvd and across from Target. Very noisy at night with street traffic. The thermostat in the room seemed to time out after several hours and had to be reset often to keep it cool. Not good at night when the temperature keeps going up while trying to sleep. We got moved after two nights because of electrical issues but we got comped a breakfast and a drink. That was thoughtful and I appreciate it. The room I got moved to was directly across the hall from a room they were doing construction in (sawing, pounding, etc) and after coming back from the hospital to sleep off an invasive procedure, that wasn't too great. I tried to call the desk but the room phone did not work. I went to the desk and reported it was out but they never did come fix it while I was there. No biggie since I had my cell but inconvenient if you wanted someone in the hotel. There was only one tiny trash basket to be found. The pillows seemed as if they would be soft at first but the longer you used one the harder it seemed to get. Maybe that's just me. The underground parking is difficult to squeeze a medium size car between the numerous posts but it is out of the weather. All in all, there are more quiet and more stay friendly places nearby. The 3 mile radius shuttle is at their convenience and not too reliable.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the Colorado Blvd street side.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
jdilley, General Manager at Holiday Inn Denver - Cherry Creek, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay I will share them with the staff. I'm sorry to heat about the noise we would have been more than happy to move you to the west tower away from Colorado Blvd. As for the air conditioning I will share your concerns with the Property Engineer. Thank you again for your comments and your business. We hope you give us another chance to show you we can do better.
omaha, ne
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Denver Cherry Creek Holiday Inn for three nights -two nights the first time and one night a week later.
First the good things. There is a lovely large light indoor pool with a large patio attached. And there is free parking. In addition, I had forgotten the charger for my iPad. When I went to the front desk to see if someone had left one I could use, Daniella, one of the desk clerks, gave me her personal charger to borrow just asking I return it before she left that afternoon. So much for what we liked.
On our first stay, shortly after we requested two feather pillows and a wastebasket (there was none in the room). Meanwhile the toilet was not flushing properly and we had to request maintenance to repair it. A few hours later, after dinner, when no pillows had been delivered we made a second request. No pillows. Finally, about 8 p.m. my husband went down to the front desk and made the request in person. He was told, "Oh they must have delivered to the wrong room." Twice?!
The next morning my husband's key card would not work and he was stuck in the elevator. And then he could not access our room.
Unfortunately we had to stay there again a week later as that is where the tour we were on was booked.
On that occasion our room number was three down from our original room so we assumed, incorrectly, that we were in the same place. But no. We were in the other wing! No one told us that. Our car was parked in the first wing's lot from the original stay which meant hauling suitcases from one end of the building to the other.
In this case it was the sink that malfunctioned -- it would not drain properly. And the grout on the shower tiles appeared to be a little moldy.
As far as the dining room is concerned, the buffets were not well marked, the food was mediocre (except for the made-to-order eggs at breakfast) and the single toaster took forever making a serious hold-up in the line. The wait staff, however, was extremely pleasaant and cheerful.
It is fortunate that we have stayed at many other Holiday Inn properties in the past and know that it is generally a good company. However, when we are in Denver in the future we will find another place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
jdilley, General Manager at Holiday Inn Denver - Cherry Creek, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay. My sincerest apologies for the problems you encountered during your recent stay, I will share them with the staff so that other guests do not endure the problems you encountered. Once again my sincerest apologies.
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I was in Denver for two days on business and someone chose this hotel for me. I was quite surprised at how nice it was. The room had been recently redecorated and the bed was super comfortable. The temperature and air was quiet and adjusted easily.
The staff was so friendly. Mai, who checked me in called me by name each time I passed the desk and was helpful with directions and setting up shuttle service.
The hotel is close to the bike path along Cherry Creek and that was great for running. The path is safe and there are lots of bikers commuting on it.
The hotel bar was under construction as were some of the rooms, and there was dust around, but that did not pose a problem, my room was quiet at night.
I walked over to the Cherry Creek mall and shopping area for a good meal and I could have had the hotel shuttle take me there if I'd asked. It was about a 20 minute walk.

Room Tip: My room, which did not face Colorado Blvd. had a great view of the mountains.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
jdilley, General Manager at Holiday Inn Denver - Cherry Creek, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Thank you very much for taking time to share your recent experience at our hotel. I will share your comments with the staff and especially with Mia. We know you have many choices when coming to Denver we are glad you chose us. Once again thank you for your wonderful commens and your business.
Starkville, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My third holiday inn stay throughout the US and they are consistent on cleanliness. They have on going contructions but im glad they didnt placed us near that site. The view is pretty amazing, lovely mountains. Only thing I didnt like is the parking on level 2 are too narrow. Nevertheless, everything went well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
jdilley, General Manager at Holiday Inn Denver - Cherry Creek, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay, we are glad to hear that your liked your stay. We appreciate your comments and your business.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

The hotel has recently been updated, but is still under construction. It was a good deal for the area and we liked being able to use the trail adjacent to the hotel. We also like the two whole foods and shopping available nearby. Easy access to the highways and downtown. There is still some construction going on, which is obvious from the outside and from the workers in the elevators. Our room was nicely redone though. The pool looked ok, but I did not use it.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor facing Colorado. We heard some emergency vehicles during the night. Roo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
I want to thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay. I will share them with our staff. We know you have numerous choices for hotel accommodations and we are glad you chose us. Thank you again for your comments and your business.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Will not return. Not family friendly, not kid friendly.
Noticed security was a big deal, using the hotel key for every move made within the hotel... even while using the elevator. Construction going on during our stay. Dust everywhere, construction workers everywhere,loud hammer/ machine sounds. The front desk staff were professional. Not really friendly but they did their job. This hotel is for business travelers and men/women who want to hang out at bars,adult stores,strip girlie bars. Good spot for a bachelor party.

• Stayed June 2013
jdilley, General Manager at Holiday Inn Denver - Cherry Creek, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for your comments!

Been to Holiday Inn Denver - Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!