“Good location, rooms scheduled to be updated/renovated in June/July 2012” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Denver - Cherry Creek

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #57 of 148 Hotels in Denver
Ohio
“Good location, rooms scheduled to be updated/renovated in June/July 2012”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012 via mobile

They had rooms with a king or ONE queen. For a business hotel they didn't have many plugs in the room for your computer, phone, etc. The hallways always seemed to have someone's leftover room service but the rest of the hotel was clean. They had a business center, starbucks, pool, hair salon, conference rooms, restaurant, and lounge. They were across the street from a strip club and target. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012
jdilley, General Manager at Holiday Inn Denver - Cherry Creek, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Thank you for taking time out to let us know about your recent stay. I will share your comments with the staff to ensure that we correct to problem with the items that were left in the hallways. We know you have a choice in selecting your accomodations and we appreciate you selecting us. Thanks for your business!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Casper, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

The prices for this hotel were amazing, but there was no hot tub like they had stated on the phone, which was a let down. However the service was great and rooms were clean.

Room Tip: *Note: You always have to have your key to ride the elevators!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Imperial, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Budget hotels in Denver are not easy to find. This hotel is great, parking and wifi included is a rare perk in this city. The service was excellent. When we checked in the desk attendant noticed our room was an "oddly shaped room" (I think near the elevators) and moved us to one further down the hall. The beds were very comfortable, shower was hot and had good pressure, tv was a little outdated but not terrible.

We went to Osaka sushi for dinner just down the street. Definitely a good locals place if you want to get away from the strip mall fast food that surrounds this hotel.

They call this "Cherry Creek" but I think that's a bit of a cheat, it's pretty far from the downtown Cherry Creek scene.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
jdilley, General Manager at Holiday Inn Denver - Cherry Creek, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Dear Brianna,
Thank you for taking time too share with us your comments on your recent stay. We know you have a lot of choices and thank you for chosing us. I will share your comments with the staff. Just too clear up the issue of Cherry Creek we are located in the Cherry CreeK area and the Cherry Creek Mall is only three blocks away, along with numerous restaurants boutique shops and bars. I hope you can come back and stay with us again. Thanks again for your business.
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Hotel was well located, fabulous staff, great beds (we slept like babies!) and very quiet. Would highly recommend. Kudos to Dan at the front desk who was most helpful with everything.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
jdilley, General Manager at Holiday Inn Denver - Cherry Creek, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Dear JH,
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about the hotel and the staff. I have shared them with the entire team and we are all very greatful the you chose our hotel for your recent trip to Denver. Please come back and stay with us the next time you come to Denver.
Carbondale, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

My wife had to have some surgery at The Anschutz Medical Center in Denver. I am so happy we stated at this hotel. It was a 10 minute drive to the hospital and walking distance to Cherry Creek shopping area. After our meeting with the doctors on Thursday morning we went back to the hotel and walked to The Cherry Creek Mall. After the surgery on Friday morning we went back to the hotel to rest and have some lunch on the outside patio. I think we received some special attention because the General Manager himself came out to check on us. If we every go back to Denver there is no question where we will stay. If your hotel reads these, please share with your staff as they were GREAT. P.S. Loved to covered parking garage !!!

Room Tip: I think some rooms have been remodeled recently. Ours was not but still very nice.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
jdilley, General Manager at Holiday Inn Denver - Cherry Creek, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Dear Vanvancopyman,
We appreciate you taking time to share with others you and your wives experience at our hotel, I will share your comments with the staff. I know you have numerous choices on where to stay we are glad you chose us. Thank you very much for your business. Came back and stay with us again.
Fremont, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Stayed at this Holiday Inn for 4 nights last week while visiting our daughter in Denver. Lobby was very nice and front desk check-in went smoothly. Hallways were dark and dreary looking as we stepped onto the 7th floor. Room (close to the elevator as requested) was on the small size, but o.k. for just 2 people. Problems started the 2nd night; about 10pm my husband and I started smelling cigarette or cigar smoke in our room. Looked out into the hallway and didn't see anyone. Our room overlooked the patio and fire pit right off the pool, so we figured someone was smoking out there. (Whole hotel is non-smoking by the way!!) Didn't want to cause problems so we didn't call down to the front desk. Didn't sleep very well, since I am not used to that smell at all. We stay at non-smoking hotels for a reason! Came back to the hotel the 3rd day in the early evening. We smelled the same smoke smell immediately when we walked into our room. I turned right back around and went down to the front desk to report it. The front desk said they had had another complaint and were looking into the problem. They knew what room it was coming from, but the guests were not answering their door and it sounded like the shower was running! They told me it would be taken care of so I returned to my room. Could not sleep at all that night, stomach was very queasy from the smoke smell that had taken over our room. Front desk knew who I was and what room I was in from the very beginning, but never got an update or an I'm sorry for your inconvenience or anything from any type of manager. There was a sign in the bathroom stating it was a $250 cleaning charge if you are caught smoking in your room; I sure hope whoever was those two nights got charged $500 for a thorough cleaning of their room!! I will have to spend at least $100 on dry cleaning to get the smell out of the clothes that we had in our room that were affected. Walking back into the room on Sunday afternoon, you could still smell the lingering affects from the incident! Dissappointed that there was no follow-up on our complaint.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
jdilley, General Manager at Holiday Inn Denver - Cherry Creek, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Dear llemiller,
Thank you for taking time out of your day to share with us your comment s regarding your recent stay. I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered with the inconsiderate guests that were smoking in the hotel. The front desk staff was aware of the problem and the guests that were envoled were notified and were charged for the deep cleaning of the rooms. As for the follow up at our end I'm truly sorry the staff did not notify you as to the out come. I have shared this with my Front Office Manager to ensure this doen't happen to other guests. Once again my sincerest apologies.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012 via mobile

When I walked into the lobby of the Holiday Inn it was so nice and cozy. The location is ideal with it being so close to the Cherry Creek Mall and my favorite store, Macy's!

• Stayed February 2012
jdilley, General Manager at Holiday Inn Denver - Cherry Creek, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Dear Prdivas2,

Thank you very much for our kind comments about the hotel, we sincerely appreciate them. I appreciate you taking time out to inform us or recent stay, it means a lot to us and I will share with the staff. Next time your in Denver we hope it will be with us. Thanks again for your business.

Been to Holiday Inn Denver - Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!