“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Central Denver

You added Quality Inn Central Denver to your Saves list
Quality Inn Central Denver
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 W 48th Ave, Denver, CO 80216 (Formerly Plaza Hotel)   |
Ranked #71 of 149 Hotels in Denver
Klamath Falls, Oregon, United States
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We were at the hotel for over a week, and had a great experience. Very comfortable room with microwave and fridge. Good breakfast with more than the usual fare. Bar and restaurant had excellent staff and service. Our only complaint was a train that sounded off, during the night, early in our stay. Thought it may be coming through the room! Thankfully, that was the only time that we heard it.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Ekalaka, Montana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We are foster parents for Midwest Boston Terrier Rescue. When our last adoption didn't work out, we needed to meet the adopter in Denver to take Adele (5 year old Boston Terrier) back to Montana where we are now staying. We chose the location as roughly half way between Albuquerque and Ekalaka, MT and also on the basis that the hotel was pet friendly. We're grateful for the location and the welcome extended on our little rescue mission. Adele gives 4 paws up, also. As an aside, we enjoyed visiting with Betty, the guest relations officer very much. She's an outstanding ambassador for the hotel and the Quality Inn company.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Vail, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The staff of the hotel is really helpful and lovely. The breakfast is included and it has everything from fruits, eggs and muffins. The hotel shuttle is nice 'cause they take you anywhere you want and it's free. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone that's visiting Denver and I will stay here again!

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
John O, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Central Denver, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We take all guest's opinions seriously and are glad that you had a good stay. We look forward to seeing you again when you revisit Denver.
Evergreen, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

As stated in my 10000_feet_up review last month, this was my first negative review of any kind. As LizVi noted in her review, I am a not a diva. --- Synopsis: I was put up in this Quality Inn Central Denver near the Mousetrap by employer while I attended training in Commerce City. They paid for the room, I did not. I left and used my own funds to stay in a hotel near the old Stapleton so I could get at least one decent nights sleep. ---- Funny thing, after posting my first review about this particular Tripadvisor acclaimed Quality Inn, Quality Inn Corporate, to use the words of my employer's upper management, "set our phones on fire", demanding that they talk to me and have me remove my negative review. --- You see in fairness and transparency, I listed for the world to see that I stayed in room #811. It did not take much for Quality Inn to figure out who I was and who my employer was that paid for the room. (Apparently, my employer frequently uses this motel for out of town folks going through training at their Commerce City distribution hub.) --- Instead of harassing upper management, they had my contact information, too. Or they could have responded on this Tripadvisor site. Did they? No. They tried to use corporate muscle to force my employer to bully me for being open and honest on this well-respected website. Shame on you, Quality Inn.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
John O, General Manager at Quality Inn Central Denver, responded to this review, 1 week ago
1000 Feet Up, I am sorry to see that you needed to follow up on your first report. We did try to contact you and I believe our front office manager spoke with you during your stay. We appreciated your feedback regarding your stay with us and have tried to make improvements to our hotel. Yes we reached out to your employer. Our intention was to make sure that they were happy with us as a hotel provider. Their business is important to us. I apologize if that message was distorted. We work hard to provide good service to our guests and value their opinions.

Suzanne
Coromandel, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It's not the nicest of hotel's décor wise, but it has large comfy rooms, with a good sized bathroom.The traffic noise is not a problem ,it's not in the best part of town but we experienced no trouble at all..The Restaurant/Bar serves good food and all the staff at the hotel were helpful and deserve plaudits as some of the guest's behaviour they have to deal with was amazing...

So It's at the lower end of the scale but a nice place to stay if that's what you need in Denver.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are committed to improving our hotel and service and will use your feedback to make improvements. We take all guest's opinions seriously and hope we will see you again on your next visit to Denver..
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have never written a bad review, Ever! When I read the review before mine (dated in December 2014), I thought; this person is a 'diva', it can't be all that bad, well... I was wrong! When you first walk in, it reminded us of a run down Las Vegas hotel. Then in the rooms, they tried to update it but that can't make up for the paper thin walls. If you stay one night, it might be fine but more than that and your body will have to adjust to the lack of sleep you get. Our first night our room and the entire non smoking floor smelled like cigarettes thanks to the rodeo guys staying on our floor. The second night was like being in the audience for Jerry Springer. We called security but it still scared the crap out of my kids. The third night we were awoken by a screaming baby next door. The fourth night was ok, I just wished I could have gotten a refund and been able to check out sooner. The last night sucked! The parking lot was completely full by10pm from people not even paying to stay there, but still allowed to use the free shuttle and the entire floor was awoken again by drunks at 3 am and the smell of skunky smelling weed, again on the non smoking floor. I couldn't wait to get out of there, but booking with Hotwire, we couldn't get a refund so that was a lesson learned again and never again will I stay there or any other Hotwire 2.5 star hotel.

• Stayed December 2014
John O, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Central Denver, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our hotel and we apologize for the poor experience. based on your comments it appears you stayed over the New Years Holiday. We were filled to maximum capacity on that day and had extra security on hand to deal with the crowd. We also work very hard to limit smoking of any kind on non smoking floors but we have to be able to know which room is the culprit. We are committed to improving our hotel and service and will use your feedback to make improvements in how we handle these issues going forward. We take all guest's opinions seriously and wish we were able to address your issues during your stay.
Evergreen, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2014

Ugh. I feel kind of bad to write this. This "Quality Inn" in Denver just north and east of the I-25 and I-70 (Mousetrap) interchange was an amazing disappointment. The best (or worst) part is that I am not even paying for this room; an employer is. I have been lucky enough to do some worldwide travelling, but I am certainly not a snob, I have stayed in the equivalent of Motel 6 or Super 8's around the world. Generally, they are a great sleep bargain wherever they are.

Not this Quality Inn in an industrial, heavily travelled section of Denver. The corporation has tried to get give it an appealing cosmetic uplift, which mostly works. When you come into the lobby, and after you catch your breath from the wierd and overpowering attempt they mader to cover up from years, and decades of smoking in the building, you see, quite prominently and seemingly, Everwhere, Tripadvisor recognitions about "Excellence" that this Quality Inn has achieved in 2013. This is the first time Worldwide that I would have to say that not only did Tripadvisor get it wrong with their award to this "Quality Inn", but I would bet paychecks that whatever evaluations they received were either rigged, or forged.

After I went up to my room, I opened the window and entry door to air the place out. The room was simple (nothing wrong with that). Iturned on the lights and it is apparent that they are Slowly converting to LED and/or CFL lighbulbs. It looked light Christmas in my room (#811). Incandescent colered lights, industrial colored LEDs bulbs, and a combination of other color temperatures. I had maintenance bring me up a new LED by the TV, because the flickering I thought it might induce an epileptic seizure. (The maintence man was very nice.)

I called the Palm Grill and ordered dinner to bring back up to my room so I could watch a movie and do some work. There is no room service, no biggie, so I went to pick it up. I walked around the main floor. The pool was closed for the season, strange for Denver (I am a native). The back door by the ballrooms was amazing. (On the bottom of page 7 of their information book, it states: " Not all areas of any city you are visting will be safe. Contact management about the safety of an area before venturing into it.") Okay, at least they are being honest. Yes, this area sucks for going on an evening stroll. I know that because I have lived here all of my life.

Back to the back door by the ballroom. It is pleasing covered with drapery. I pulled the drapes back. This double door has been jimmied open so many times that it is impossible to CLOSE is, let alone secure it (I have photos.) There has obviously been NO attempt by managemnet or facilities maintenance to try to fix it. (I should post the photos.) If anyone dares to host a conference here, patrons WILL be preyed upon. I told the front desk staff (after tipping them) and they were nonchalant.

So, I picked up my dinner at the Palm Grill that had three TVs with snowy, SNOWY televisions on some sports channel. In this digital age?! Snow on your TV?!

Took dinner up to my room (Chicken alfreddo). Hard to screw up, right? Not so much. The chicken was thrown on a grill and cooked, I'll give them that. The alfreddo sauce reminded me of the lunchroom in elementary school. I called down and asked. "How do you cook your alfreddo sauce?", I asked. This very non interested female said, and I quote, "We don't cook here, everything is canned." Wow. I appreciate her honesty.

Went in to take a shower. I am not a Mold expert, but I counted four types on the hand hold / soap keeper alone. I looked around more around the tub; it was utterly disgusting. I called the front desk (nicely) and asked for some bleach to clean the bathroom. She said that they cannot do that but will advise housekeeping in the morning. Um, if room #811 is part of your daily cleaning paid job, how long does one need to fail to clean to see mold cover most of a hand hold / soap holder???!! The desk clerk did not get it. (I wanted to ask for my check-in tip back).

I am staying here by myself because it is more convienent that driving back an forth. Thankfully, my family is not staying here for a vacation.

I am supposed to stay her from November 30th, 2014 through December 5th, 2014. I checked in on December 1st. Remember, the company is paying, paying for my room for the whole week. I am checking out in the morning and moving to a different motel AT MY OWN EXPENSE.

Tripadvisor, I will now lay suspect to any grand reviews that exist on your site. y recommendation is that a Tripadvisor employee make a visit to any and all well received locations for verifications before accolades and plaques are presented to subpar accomodations.

I am happy to upload the time stamped photos with other documentation should Tripadvisor or user wish to see this unfit for Tripadvisor place.

Room Tip: Do not stay in this area unless your are an OTR trucker desperate for a close place to the highway...