“What a stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Central Denver

You added Quality Inn Central Denver to your Saves list
Quality Inn Central Denver
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 W 48th Ave, Denver, CO 80216 (Formerly Plaza Hotel)   |
Ranked #70 of 149 Hotels in Denver
Farmington
“What a stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

First off I would I stay in about 100 rooms per year at hotels. Some of them are horrible, and then some of them are like the Quality Inn Central. I would have to put this in the top 7 for Denver. This is my second stay, and it was just as great as the first. Dedra checked my partner and I in and she was helpful and pleasant, nothing but smiles. She took care of the shuttle reservations for us and printed us directions to where we needed to go.
At the last minute we needed to take a shuttle to coors field rocky stadium, because our ride canceled, and we told Dedra at the front desk to call a cab, and she actually pulled a shuttle driver to take us to the stadium. ( Of course we went with other people, but they got us on that shuttle quick) We only had to wait about 5 minutes to leave, but got to the game on time. When we called to get a ride back there were at least 60 people staying at that hotel that went and all 3 shuttles were on there way when I called. We only ended up waiting about 20 minutes.
On our second day, we left our sign for house keeping to pass our room up, and we called down to the front desk, and spoke with Ivie. She said that she would send some up, and about 15 minutes later house keeping came, she gave us new towels and got our old trash, even though we didn't ask her too. For our stay it was pleasantly quiet for a busy hotel. The staff never seemed to be down in the dumps. I have recommended this hotel to our office so when we come to Denver, this is where I would like to stay.
During the night my co worker needed another blanket and we spoke to the lady that works the night and she sent security up with a blanket. I mean what is there to complain about, the people at the front desk worked very hard, because when checking in at 7pm there was a huge line, and a bunch of grumpy people that they were trying to take care of. And not once did they complain about it at the front desk, like I have heard at other hotels. I give this place 2 thumbs up!

Room Tip: wifi signal in in front of elevators
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We came to Denver for a Rockies game and stayed at this hotel because they had a courtesy shuttle to and from the game. The rooms are very nice and clean. My only "complaint" is that the pillows are small and square like couch coushins. They were soft, but small which made sitting in bed to read or watch TV difficult. The nite-light in the bathroom was burned out, and when we took it to the front desk they said housekeeping had left for the day and could not get us another one. As someone who has worked in the hotel industry, I was disappointed to see the lack of motivation by the front desk to help. The shower head in the bathroom was old, and the water pressure wasn't the best, but it got the job done and the bathroom was clean. The shuttle to and from the game was hassle free and we enjoyed not having to fight the traffic and pay for parking. When we went down for breakfast, it was a wonderful surprise to see scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, waffles, and many other items at their breakfast bar. The food was great and the manager circulated making sure everyone had what they needed. I was a little disappointed at check out when I inquired about the botanical gardens and all they could give me was directions. The desk clerk gave me a number to call for Denver tourism for more information, which I called only to get a recording asking me to leave a message. In my opinion, if you're going to work the front desk at a hotel, you need to know more than directions to the area attractions, so you can better serve your guests. Overall, we had a good stay, and would recommend this hotel. I know we will be staying there next time we're in town for a game.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

My family hosted our Family Reunion at this hotel. Excellent service, Excellent staff. Clean, and functional for our event. Thank you to all of the staff for a job well done. We will return.

Family Co op Reunion Mile High Generation of Denver Colorado.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Auckland, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights to attend a show and chose the location because it was half way betweed Red Rocks and the Airport. It's close enough to the freeway that it didn't seem to be too far away from anywhere and there was always plenty of parking even when we got back late.

The staff were great which was lucky as we had a smilar issue as a previous reviewer with our room lock not working and wasted a fair bit of time with Security trying to 'break in' for us and then having to relocate.

Buffet breakfast was pretty good - waffles were great and there was plenty of fresh fruit to add to them. Would probably try somewhere else if we were staying in town longer.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I had a wonderful time while in Denver staying at the Quality Inn. It is not in the center of the downtown area, nor is it out near the airport. However, they make up for this with their shuttle service, which will take you to a lot of different destinations within about a 5 mile radius. This included the 16th St Mall, the Colorado Convention Center, stadiums, etc. They leave on the hour, and you just have to call and they will pick you up on the next run. Staff is super friendly, including the shuttle drivers, and a few that I remember fro the front desk are Patricia, Yvonne, Teresa, and a couple others that I did not get their name. Great breakfast and Betty visits your table to see if everything is OK. I would stay here again with no hesitation. Their prices are great!!

Room Tip: I was right near the elevators on the 7th floor but they never bothered me at all.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

The first thing I noticed walking in the hall to my room is that the hotel needs to be updated & entering my room confirmed that. The furniture was somewhat beat-up & the room had an overall 1980s feel to it, especially the television & limited channel line-up. That was the negative. Also the location wasn't the greatest - in an industrial area.

The positives included: free local calls, free WiFi (not the strongest of signals), decent free breakfast, friendly staff who tried to help within the limits that they were able to, permission to print pages off the internet such as boarding passes & tickets, a pool for those interested, and plenty of free parking. For me, the best ammenity was the shuttle, saving me the aggervation of driving/parking at Coors Field, and it also makes other stops in downtown.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Simpsonville, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Recently stayed here for a family reunion. The same dropped cookies stayed in elevator the entire 4 days I was there. Room bathroom was horrible. The bathroom sink basin was all cracked up, tiles missing in bathtub and the towel were thin and worn. The cleaning crew never wiped down the nightstand. The banquet room were we held our functions was dirty and outdated. The tablecloths were stained and flimsy. They had standing air conditioners and fans. No central air. Location looks scary.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
quality_raj, General Manager at Quality Inn Central Denver, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for submitting your review for our hotel. I am really sorry that you had this experience with us, we try our best to keep each of our guest satisfied.
I had talked to most of family members personally, they all had good time. None of them complaint about anything in ballroom as well. They all loved the food so much.
We have central air conditioning through out the hotel as well as in the ballroom, but please considering the unusual temperature of mother nature it was really hot. We just bought those standing air conditioning units to make your group comfortable and everyone was fine with it.
I am really sorry that we could meet your house keeping expectation as well. If read rest of the review here most of them are telling our housekeeping is one of the best.
If have routine maintenance system in place and all wear and tears we fix on on daily basis.
in future if you have any problem during your stay please inform us right away to give and opportunity to solve your issue while you are staying with.
We will love to see you again as our guest and will try our level best to meet your expectations.
Looking forward to see you and if there is anything i can do for your future stay please allow me to assist you.
Thanks

Been to Quality Inn Central Denver? Share your experiences!