“Incredible!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Lakewood, Colorado
“Incredible!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I diligently researched top restaurants in Denver to select a place to have my birthday dinner and Tables was my selection. I couldn't have been happier! The ambiance was shabby chic, comfortable and unique.

The service was great- our shared salads were split on plates. Among the six of us, we tried the mixed greens, the arugula pear, and the beet. The mixed greens was fairly pedestrian but the other two were out of this world delicious!

Then we moved on to the main course. In a party of six, two people decided to order each of the following dishes: the pesto crusted salmon (on special that night), butternut squash ravioli, and the ridiculous new york strip. Each and every person at the table was blown away at the presentation, composition, and flavors of the meal. Many of the ingredients were sourced from their garden. My family members have varying tastes and some are considered food snobs. The service and the food exceeded even their expectations.

Our challenge was, as a party of 6 people with presents, etc. we had trouble fitting at the six top they originally seated us at. We requested to be moved, and they gladly obliged, but the table was still a bit cramped. It seemed like this was the biggest table the had in the house, too. Because I'd recommend going to Tables with smaller groups (4 or less). I think you'll just be more comfortable that way.

Overall, this is a fantastic place for a nice dinner.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Denver, Colorado
“It was perfect.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

My fiance and I ate at Tables for the first time this past July and we absolutely loved it. I had the trout with bacon and fingerling potatoes and my fiance had the seafood pasta. The portion was perfect and the service was impeccable. Our drinks were always full and the waitstaff made sure we had everything we needed at all times.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sarasota, FL
“Better than it looks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

Small place with patio seating in front, uneven sidewalk and slanting wrought iron tables. Told by locals menu changes perhaps seasonally. Good selection of real vegetables, fantastic salmon and tuna tartare. Wait staff competent. Greeter lacked people skills, no need to irritate someone who. You are about to seat. Staff and chef accommodating on requests. Above average for neighborhood restaurant.

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Pretty good meal with a few tips for Tables”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

We ventured to Tables after seeing great reviews on Trip Advisor. Tables is def. outside of the city somewhat and we weren't sure we were in the right area until seeing the lights hanging from the trees (in outskirts suburb). We knew it would likely be a good place since there isn't too much else in that area.

The place was packed and many tables were enjoying themselves when we arrived. The waitstaff was very attentive to us from the beginning. We started by spliting one of their salads - the peach and tomato. It was delicious, but it was very very small. Once split, it was about 8 pieces of lettuce/spinach for each of us.

My husband ordered the lamb and I got the pork loin. Both were excellent and the meat was cooked very well. We opted for dessert with a s'mores specialty as well as a pecan/caramel pie. The pie was very good - a little small, but delicious.

One big surprise came with the to-go containers. I know that might be a strange thing to comment on, but I was surprised that such a nice establishment would squish my leftover pork loin into what can only be described as a plastic soup container.

The to-go container would not deter me from going there again and I would recommend it to family and friends.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bronxville, New York
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

Celebrating my son's birthday at Tables was a definite treat! Food, Service, Ambience all awesome! I will definitely be returning for more...

• Visited June 2011