“What a beautiful Inn!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chestertown, Md.USA
“What a beautiful Inn!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Castle Marne on July 30th. We had stayed in downtown Denver several times before and this time wanted something unique. TheInn is beautiful done, complete with a lovely little garden on the side of the mansion. The three generations of family owners were a delight,and served a bountiful breakfast in the lovely formal dining room and tea in the afternoon! We wish we could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: All rooms are attractively done.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

I was born and raised in Denver and came back to volunteer for my company, Davita, for their Kidney Rock run/walk. This was held at City Park on Aug 6, 2011. My home now is in New Orleans. A friend and co-worker in Denver told me about the Castle. From the minute I walked in I knew this was the right place to stay. I couldn't enjoy breakfast my first morning as I had to be at City Park for 6 a.m. After that I was treated to two wonderful breakfast's, and I could choose my own time. My room was cleaned daily and the Family who runs this B&B treated me like one of their own. I went to the Catheredral, memories of my childhood, and then toured the Molly Brown House. I ate at a Thai Restaurant just a block's walk from the Castle. I also tried Mama's Cafe, another block in the opposite direction. I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Winchelsea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

After a long flight from the UK, Castle Marne was a welcoming and very comfortable haven. The owners were extremely friendly, helpful and attentive. Our room had a comfortable bed, a jacuzzi and all the luxuries one needed. Afternoon tea was provided and then camomile tea and biscuits were available in the evening. Breakfast was home-cooked and delicious with good company at the table. We thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Denver, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

I'm from the area but had need of an overnight stay in downtown Denver while my husband was in hospital nearby and remained "in castle" just for sleeping hours and for breakfast.
My hosts, the Peiker, and the Feher-Peiker families were most friendly and gracious and I wished I had had more time to talk to them about the history of this beautiful old mansion.
The main floor room I occupied was lovely, old-fashioned decor with comfortable appointments, very good bed.Bathroom included an old wooden WC!! but unfortunately a clawfoot tub with shower which I could not climb into---better state age when booking.
Breakfast was super---would have done credit to the Brown Palace with fresh baked muffins, fresh fruit and edible flower arrangement and gorgeous veggie omelette-souffle.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Manitou Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

An unexpected treasure in the heart of Denver, Castle Marne shines as a strong historical, lodging, and cultural fixture. Even one night’s stay proves a memorable treat.

The home, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, showcases a multitude of architectural features of its era. Lovingly furnished and decorated, each room is unique, including a delightful sitting parlor and exquisite dining room. History buffs can find nuggets of Denver’s colorful past illustrated throughout the home.

Castle Marne’s proximity to downtown boasts easy access to Denver’s fine restaurants, theaters, museums, parks, and historical districts. The home itself is a comforting refuge from bustling city buzz.

The Castle Marne experience highlights a three-generational family affair of all love and seemingly no labor. The proprietors share their home with warm consideration and generous spirit, and make running an award-winning bed and breakfast look effortless indeed.

Many thanks for a wonderful, albeit short, stay. May the next be longer and even more charming.

Room Tip: Browse the lovely Castle Marne website to learn more about individual rooms.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

We stayed for one night just but would recommend it to anyone looking for a charming place to stay right near downtown Denver. Our room on the top floor was very small but nicely appointed (with a hot tub on a private deck!). The house is beautifully restored and the staff were very friendly. Breakfast was FANTASTIC!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

We were gathering stories for the entire group of the Historic Hotels of the Rockies and Castle Marne was our 2nd nite stay. From the moment we entered the front door until we left after breakfast (provided) the following morning, we were treated like part of the family. Great food, great stories, and an easy walk down to a small restaurant district. Rooms were clean--very Victorian--and beautiful woodwork and antiques everywhere in the building. And don't forget you "hug" when you leave!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Been to Castle Marne Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!