“a memory for a lifetime” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Capitol Hill Mansion Bed & Breakfast Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Denver
Capitol Hill Mansion Bed & Breakfast Inn
You added Capitol Hill Mansion Bed & Breakfast Inn to your Saves list
Free Parking, 1207 Pennsylvania Street, Denver, CO 80203   |
Offers & Announcements
5280 Dinner Package
Ranked #1 of 9 Denver B&B and Inns
Taylorville, Illinois
“a memory for a lifetime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We were married in the parlor and had a gourmet multi course meal served on the patio. Carl made sure everything was perfect. Bailey and Wes were charming and helpful. Everyone who attended is still talking about what a lovely evening it was for all of us. Our suite was tasteful and breakfast was wonderful and served in such a friendly atmosphere. Other guests were friendly and conversations were pleasant and are part of are memories of our time at the inn.
My new husband says we must go back again for our anniversary.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

A big "Texas- thank you" to Carl, Bailey and Wes, for making us feel right at home. Classy room, fresh towels (every day), charming settings, and warm hospitality add to this National Registered mansion. My bride, especially, liked the curved-front porch and wicker furniture for a nice place to relax. Both of us enjoyed the varieties of the tasty-breakfast served on the comfortable patio. No detail was over-looked and our hosts were most accommodating.
Bailey is a good source for some great, local places for a meal or music. Carl is an excellent host and chef. Wes has a servants' heart and is a good wingman.
This haven is blocks from the capitol building and entrance to the downtown mall (good people- watching area). Additionally, it is a block from the Molly Brown Mansion (very interesting).

Robin & Glenn White, Arlington, Texas

Room Tip: I don't believe that one can go wrong in choosing any of the rooms. If one does not like stairwa...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I had been traveling since noon (2 separate flights plus a SuperShuttle ride) when I finally arrived at the Capitol Hill Mansion just before 11 p.m. I hefted my carry-on up the four steps to the wrought-iron gate, walked up the short sidewalk to the porch steps, and knew almost at once that I had made the right choice: A hotel near the airport would have been cheaper and easier to get to during my brief layover in Denver, but I'd decided to treat myself to a good B&B. And oh, how lovely it was! A sheet of paper taped to the beautiful front door welcomed me and gave me clear instructions about entering and finding my room. This gracious old mansion calmed my frazzled nerves as soon as I walked in. My beautifully furnished and decorated room, called Forget-Me-Not, was waiting for me at the top of a carpeted flight of stairs. After sitting for a few minutes and thanking God for such a place, I sank onto the extremely comfortable bed and slept till dawn.
In the morning, I walked the streets of downtown Denver and the Capitol Hill neighborhood both before and after the lavish breakfast, which was served in a flower-filled back garden. The owner and his daughter were wonderful hosts, meeting and even anticipating my every need. By the time I left for the airport at 10, I felt as if I'd been pampered and renewed, ready to tackle the last and longest part of my journey home.

Room Tip: Forget-Me-Not is a very spacious, quiet room with huge windows, two comfortable club chairs, a small...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We love staying at B&Bs for their "home away from home" atmosphere and interesting, passionate hosts. Capitol Hill Mansion is among the BEST! Hosts Carl and Bailey were friendly and accommodating. This National Registered house has been lovingly restored and is meticulously maintained. The rooms are spacious and inviting, having spared no expense on beautiful decoration and comfortable bedding. Breakfast in the garden was a "not to be missed highlight" with Carl and Wes at the culinary helm. When we return to Denver, we will stay at no other for its ambience, location and genuine concern for guests and their every need.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Carl & Bailey were excellent hosts in the tradition of Western hospitality. The mansion is well-maintained and the family atmosphere made for a warm home away from home. The breakfast was well done and right proportions.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Great historic Bed & Breakfast.. Short walk to the art museum and the 16th st trolley. Beautiful garden for breakfast, excellent breakfast, which he served early to us to catch our flight. . Friendly innkeeper. Parking. Will stay again next time we are in Denver.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Clarkston, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I have stayed at the Capitol Hill Mansion twice and will be returning in the fall. I can't imagine staying anywhere else while visiting our son in the Denver area. Carl and Bailey make you feel immediately at home and were a huge help in acclimating us to the area when we were searching for a place for our son to live (upon relocation) during our first visit. They are very helpful in recommending great restaurants (we are true foodies) and the gourmet breakfasts every morning are amazing! We have stayed in three different rooms (our first visit was split between two rooms) and they were all immaculate and comfortable. We are so thankful for all that this Bed and Breakfast has to offer!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Capitol Hill Mansion Bed & Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!