“INCREDIBLE EXPERIENCE! CARL BAKED ME A CAKE...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Capitol Hill Mansion Bed & Breakfast Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Denver
Capitol Hill Mansion Bed & Breakfast Inn
Free Parking, 1207 Pennsylvania Street, Denver, CO 80203   |
Offers & Announcements
5280 Dinner Package
Ranked #1 of 10 Denver B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“INCREDIBLE EXPERIENCE! CARL BAKED ME A CAKE...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed 3 days at the the B&B and I had a blast. I couldn't ask for a better host. Baily and Carl did a great job. I told Carl I was visiting my mom for he 60th birthday and he went out of his way to bake her a birthday cake!!!

I stayed in the bluebell room. It was clean, big, and very comfortable. I seriously recommend this room to any potential guests.

My only complaint was that it snowed while I was there, but then melted the next day. It was cozy in the mansion's common room sitting by the fire place while it snowed.

I have NO IDEA what the previous post is talking about. Carl and Baily could not have been more friendly and accommodating as Carl was eager to serve me food before I left early for the airport.

Room Tip: I really enjoyed the bluebell room. I didn't get to see the others though.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

396 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

When making the reservation for Capitol Hill Mansion (three weeks ahead of my visit) I told the person on the phone that my flight out of Denver was scheduled to leave at 8.30 and I will have to leave the hotel at 6am. Since it is a bed and breakfast after all - and we were paying not only for the room but for the breakfast as well - I verified with the owner on the phone that some form of breakfast - even if not the full one, even just coffee - will be available that early. She said of course, not our baked goods but everything else. When we arrived (and addressed rudely on the phone while asking for instructions) the father, co-owner, boisterously insisted that he wakes up at 4.30 every morning and that if we were to come down at any time after said hour we we will have coffee ready and perhaps something else. We came down at 5.45. The kitchen was empty, no coffee or food made available and one of the employees who had clearly just woken up said that the owner was still asleep and proceeded nonchalantly to make coffee for himself! This is not a way to treat your guests. If breakfast isn't available - let us be informed. If you say it is then make the effort to wake up on time. I wouldn't have paid $155 for a night in Denver without breakfast.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Capitolhillmansion, Owner at Capitol Hill Mansion Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
We would like to extend our sincere gratitude to you for choosing the Capitol Hill Mansion Bed and Breakfast Inn. I am truly sorry that our accommodations did not meet your criterion.

My cousin (not employee) was visiting from San Antonio, TX and he was in the kitchen upstairs getting coffee. He visits me twice a year and enjoys coming to Denver. He is handicapped and was not aware that you needed coffee, which was on the dining room table, in early A.M.

If you stay with us at the Capitol Hill Mansion you will receive a full gourmet breakfast if you come downstairs from 7:30-9:30. We love food, and love our guests who enjoy food too, because they appreciate all of our efforts towards making the best B&B breakfast in Denver. Please don’t hesitate to follow our daily breakfast posts on Facebook and learn about all the exciting food events that take place at the mansion by friending “Capitol Hill Mansion.” Our breads are made from scratch and baked daily every morning and all of our guests can expect fruit, coffee, tea, breads and or pastry, cereal, along with an entrée made of scratch.

If any guest requires special accommodations because of an early morning flight please expect that we will do our bests to satisfy your requests. Coffee is made starting at 4:30 AM, and a fresh pot can always be found on the table or buffet next to cream and sugar, but you may have to help yourself. If you cannot find the owner, it may be that he is downstairs preparing receipts and fulfilling early morning chores.

We strive to provide the best breakfast in Denver, and I hope you give us another chance and return to our B&B to taste our efforts. Sincerely, Capitol Hill Mansion.
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed at CHM for three nights will visiting our daughter in December. She lives very near downtown and through Tripadvisor we found CHM. What a find!
Our stay was excellent to say the least. The owners of the B&B were very friendly and very helpful.
The breakfasts were more than anyone could hope for.
We were walking distance from downtown and enjoyed a few brisk/chilly walks during our stay. We never drove our car the entire time.
The property is historic, beautiful, and comfortable. When we checked into our the room we found our bed was very squeaky. Shortly after informing the owner the bed was tightned up and no longer made any noise. He thank us for letting him know.
We will be staying at the Capitol Hill Mansion B&B anytime we come back to visit in Denver!

Room Tip: Saw just about every room and they all looked great. I would be happy staying in any of the rooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The inn was amazing - comfortable atmosphere - great location -within walking distance of many historical landmarks of Denver. The rooms were lovely and charming , each one unique and decorated to the period. The breakfast was excellent ---- waffles with whip cream and peanut butter...we wanted more and more. Nicci and David

Room Tip: We love the "Shooting Star" room , but I think the "Bluebell" is the best lookin...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Went here with my husband for our anniversary! What a gorgeous place! Each of the rooms were uniquely decorated - I couldn't help but sneak a peak at the ones that weren't occupied - and I absolutely loved them! Our room was so charming - had a sitting room, a fireplace, a hot tub and big, fluffy bed that we sunk into and didn't feel like getting out off!! they even decorated it with rose petals, had a beautiful bouquet on the desk, with champagne and chocolates for us! What I really appreciated though was that at breakfast the next morning, the chef went out of his way to make a vegetarian breakfast for my husband even when he told him that he'll make do with fruits and toast. I thought that was very kind of him and the breakfast was delicious! Very innovative and filling and full of love and warmth! :) Seeped through your body and kept you happy all day! Totally recommend this place to everyone!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
North Potomac
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This lovely restored B&B was within walking distance to our daughter's apt. We had a wonderful 3 night stay and woke up to the most delicious breakfasts imaginable! While we never experienced the 5:30 pm "happy hour" since we were out visiting family members, the breakfasts were second to none. (Hope you post the recipes for your Tuscany poached eggs and the meringue cream, Carl.) We were in the Paintbrush room, convenient to the dining room. The room had several thoughtful amenities; fresh flowers, toiletries, hot pot for tea, drinks in the mini fridge. The bed was comfortable and the sheets and towels had a very pleasant scent. Thank you, Carl & Bailey, for your gracious hospitality.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Belmar, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Well, I can't say enough about this Bed and Breakfast, the place is absolutely Beautiful the rooms are clean and charming! The owner Carl makes you feel very much at home, he is a chef so the breakfasts are AMAZING. Our stay was a memorable one! I look forward to returning.

Anne & John

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Capitol Hill Mansion Bed & Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!