“Would rather have stayed in a crack house!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Denver Midtown

You added Super 8 Denver Midtown to your Saves list
Super 8 Denver Midtown
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2601 Zuni B St, Denver, CO 80211 (Formerly Knights Inn Denver - Gateway to Downtown)   |
Ranked #110 of 148 Hotels in Denver
Waynesboro, Pennsylvania, United States
“Would rather have stayed in a crack house!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Omg. The most discusting place on Earth. The sheets were covered on dirt and hair. We asked for replacements and they told us to come get them ourselves. Plaster was falling. Lightbulbs missing. Scary people outside. Door lock could have been kicked in by a toddler. We slept in our clothes on top of the bed. If it wasn't the last hotel in all I'd Denver we would have left in a second.

• Stayed July 2013
BenGarcia, Manager at Super 8 Denver Midtown, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank you for your rating and review. I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us at the hotel. Whenever any item is missing or broken, we always have maintenance attend to the issue in a timely manner if we are notified of it. We are getting ready to remodel the building as it is an older building. Please reconsider your thoughts on the hotel as we are changing and improving it each and every day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Awful! Should have slept in the car. My boyfriend and I were on our way back from the western part of the state and decided to spend a day in Denver. We booked this hotel because it was cheap and not too far from Rockies stadium. The room was suppose to be non-smoking, but had an overpowering stench of smoke and filth. When the door was closed you could still see daylight coming in. Then toilet had been broke and puzzle pieced back together. We slept on top of the bed spread and neither one of us got a good nights sleep. Overall it was an awful experience. I would not recommend this place to the most desperate of people. If you are desperate sleep in your car in a Walmart parking lot.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for rating us and providing us with your feedback. I understand that you were unhappy with your stay. I hope that in the future you will consider coming back as the hotel is being renovated in the near future. I am also sorry that you requested a non smoking room and when you arrived you had a smoke odor in the room. We will always offer to switch you rooms when we have available rooms for guest satisfaction. Again, I am very sorry and I do appreciate your feedback.
Bozeangelas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

In early May 2013, I signed up for a 4 day workshop in Denver, on the same day I booked a hotel room. There was some kind of sports event happening that weekend and this was the only hotel in that area that had an opening. I sure wish I would have read the Trip Advisor reviews before booking with this place, I should have slept in the car instead.

The front desk people were nice enough, not sure how they can stand it there...
Our room was next to a almost fully condemned room in front of which there was broken glass and garbage. The condemned room had no door handle and was open pretty much for anyone to enter it.

There seemed to be a lot of permanent residents of this hotel who were obviously on drugs and even doing drugs nearly out in the open, in the parking lot. The room itself smelled so strongly of chemicals cleaners I could taste it upon walking in the room and it gave me a headache. Later the chemical smell dissipated to reveal a heavy smell of mold, there were cigarette burns in the blankets, strange stains on the ironing board, junk out our window from the condemned room next door, the bathtub was really dirty as was the bathroom sink, the smoke alarm was missing and later found it without batteries in one of the drawers, the walls and floors were dirty and this place was probably not cleaned for years.

The ONLY thing about this place is the most excellent view of Down Town Denver and it was walking distance from Elitch Gardens, the Aquarium and more.

The day we were packing to leave, some workers started bringing supplies and tools into the smashed up room next to ours. These guys were smoking and swearing heavily in front of our son as we packed and they bumped my car with their truck door as they opened it. I'm really not sure why the owner of this place doesn't just shut it down and hire a real Contractor to completely renovate this old unkempt building. As of right now, it is run an likely owned by the Ramada next door and I'm sure that Corporation can handle the remodel; it would be wise or they too will start to get a bad rap.

Seriously, if you can help it, get a different hotel- or sleep in your car, it's safer especially for a family with small children. I was very fearful for my child staying here.s

Room Tip: Find a different hotel or stay with friends!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank your very much for your rating and review. We do value the feedback of our guests. I am very happy to hear that the front desk staff treated you well and that you enjoyed the view of Downtown Denver. We are in the process of working on a remodel for the hotel and soon it will be renovated. We do clean the sidewalks daily and I apologize that there was glass on the ground near your room, I hope the front desk was able to take action on that right away. Please come back in the future to see the renovation that we do. We would love to have you back and enjoy the experience at our hotel.
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

When we showed up it was hard to figure out where the office was. then the room they gave us had blood on the floor and the walls and the furniture. What the heck.!!!!! There were prostitutes in the parking lot people doing drugs in the parking lot. we went to the front desk and showed them the blood in our room and they only offered to switch us rooms which was just as bad. broken locks couldn't leave any of our things in the rooms there was caution tape on some of the rooms as well as the stair case by our room. I asked the desk if some one had been killed or if something had happened in our room and why the caution tape and they laughed. she told me that the tape was to prevent the kids from running around and didn't address my other question about where the blood could have come from. very very nasty place. if you have children or older parents then DO NOT BRING THEM HERE.. if you are the police or health dept. then please come and close this aweful aweful place down. a real hole in the wall.. At least the people at the front desk were nice but I could tell they could care less and didn't even want to be working there. around three in the morning a loud banging started as if people above us and on both sides of us began having sex and it would make those noises on and off the rest of the night there were no other options to save us from this hell hole due to a conference everything else was booked for days. I almost packed up that night around 4 in the morning to drive all the way to Colorado springs just to get a decent room that drive would have been over an hour away. this experience was the worst ever and it really made Denver look bad to me I was ready to head back to New mexico and never return to Denver based on my stay at the Regency Knights inn downtown Denver on Zuni. Stay away beware..!!! It was so bad I didn't even care that I walked away from a three night pre paid reservation they can keep the money. they need it for some major cleaning. I couldn't sleep the entire night I was so paranoid plus all the noise I felt like I was on something because I just couldn't get any sleep I couldn't even lay on top of the bed I waited until the sun came up gave them their keys and got far away from that place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My daughters and I were in town for the Kenny Chesney concert. The only reason we booked this hotel was because it was so close to Mile High. When we opened the door, the smell hit us like a punch in the face. There were cigarette burns in the bedspreads, no working smoke detector, a very nasty bathroom and huge holes in the gross carpeting and walls. We were horrified to see children swimming in the obviously unsanitary pool and adults grilling food nearby. After we returned from the concert an ambulance and police showed up 3 doors down from ours and hauled out a man on a stretcher. We slept in our clothes and kept one eye open. The next morning as we walked down the stairs there was feces at the bottom of the stairs. I travel a lot, and this was by far the worst hotel I have ever seen!! It should be condemned by the city!!!!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Omaha
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is the worst hotel we have ever stayed in! There was water damage on the ceiling, the bathroom was disgusting, the TV had channels with sound and no picture, the door chain was missing, you could see light all around the door (good thing it wasn't winter!), the maintenance guys were young men who had no idea how to fix anything and were not dressed as maintenance personnel and we were afraid to let the kids swim in the pool because of the questionable people hanging out around it. My fiance got flirted with by what he assumed was a hooker (by the way she was dressed and her actions) as he walked past her going to the registration desk (which is in another hotel next door). There is no registration desk at Knights Inn (although there is a sign that says there is), you register at the Ramada next door as they are owned by the same person. We ordered pizza delivery for dinner since there are no restaurants within walking distance and when they asked for the hotel phone number I discovered the phone was from a Double Day Hotel and had the wrong phone number on it. The unit was so old you couldn't read the controls on the AC unit and it seemed it had only one speed and we couldn't change the temperature. The only saving grace of the whole experience was breakfast the next morning. We had to go to the Ramada for it but they offered scrambled eggs, hash browns, biscuits and gravy, waffles, fresh fruit, cereal, pastries, coffee and 3 different juices. You had to have a voucher in order to eat because of all the homeless and vagrants in the area that try to get free food but we were the only ones there and the food was good. They offered a free shuttle to the Amtrak so that was a huge plus for us. Next time I will spend the extra money for a different hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away from this one!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Arrived tired and ready to relax. Entered the room and was in utter shock and disbelief. It looked like a scene from an old murder/ horror film, minus the blood and guts. The room smelled horrible, walls and carpet were filthy, beds lumpy and bedspreads incredible dirty. Dripping 1970s bathroom sink and faucet, dirty tub and shower. Lamp shades torn up, holes in the walls and window wouldnt close much less lock. My kids were literally afraid to sit on the beds. This is by far the MOST disgusting place I have ever encountered and would not allow a flea infested animal to even spend the night much less minutes here. DO NOT CONSIDER THIS PLACE!!! I booked it because of the location, convenience to all down town attractions. The pictures on the website are TOTALLY deceiving! Save your time and money, book elsewhere. Traveling 20 to 30 minutes is well worth it!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Denver Midtown? Share your experiences!