“Even after 3 weeks in a tent, this was horrible!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Denver Midtown

You added Super 8 Denver Midtown to your Saves list
Super 8 Denver Midtown
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2601 Zuni B St, Denver, CO 80211 (Formerly Knights Inn Denver - Gateway to Downtown)   |
Ranked #110 of 148 Hotels in Denver
A TripAdvisor Member
“Even after 3 weeks in a tent, this was horrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

As said above, we traveled for 4 weeks through the USA. We love camping, National parks (these campgrounds don't have showers, just so you know... We're not picky and can withstand some dirtyness).

After 3 weeks of sleeping in a tent we came to Denver and needed a hotel for the night. It was late, so we needed something fast.

This hotel lures you in by letting you check in with the Ramadan, just 10 meters away from this terrible place. The lobby looks nice, so you think, why the hell not! Well here's why:

Its faul, dirty and nasty. Stains everywhere, black stripes also everywhere. Burn holes in the sheets, Spiderman slept on the ceiling and left his webbing, plaster hanging loose, the ac was more dusty than our car after 2 weeks in the desert, the ac drain was loose and leaking onto the bathroom floor, the luggage rack was broken, the carpet looked like it was going to talk back at me if I made a wrong step on it and when we wanted to call the reception, the phone wasn't working.

Although the hotel itself can't do anything about its guests, there were some wide eyed creatures from the abyss standing in the door opening. This gave me us a very secure and welcome feeling...

In the end you're better off setting up your tent under a bridge, next to the other person here who suggests that sleeping there is better than in this place. We fled after one night, never to return again.

I've uploaded some picture to illustrate this story...

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

My visit was in april so 6 flags wasnt open yet, but you could walk to it if it was open. the aquarium is also in walking distance. two gas stations for snacks ect... right next to hotel. the room was in disrepair but the price compared to neighboring hotels made up for it, everything worked just could use some updating. plus im not in denver to sit in my room. free hot breakfast daily was awesome. nice view of downtown. located right next to freeway
i did have a key card issue but it was my fault, the staff fixed card with no issue.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Durango, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I chose this hotel for it's location, close to stadium, as we were in town for a football game. I should have read the Trip Advisor reviews first. This place was horrible......we arrived after dark, after getting key to room on secnd floor we had to walk up a dark stairwell to get to room, The door would not open, went back to front desk, they gave us another room, at back of hotel with all the long term tenants.....there was a broken toilet sitting on balcony, again, the door would not open, back to front desk. Front desk person had to call someone to come in to cover desk as she was alone, back to first room, well, as it turned out, you had to pull handle UP not push down to open door. Once in the room, oh boy were we shocked, not only was there a guy outside the door smoking MJ, there were boogers on the wall, the door by the knob was filthy, as was the wall by the switch plate, As seen in the photos I posted, the lamp, heater & headboard were damaged, the picture about the bed had smoke film so thick on the glass you could see the film. Bedspread & blanket had cigarette holes burned in them, carpet was nasty, I wouldn't let a dog sleep on that carpet. Most of the exterior lights were not working, not sure if bulbs were burned out or they just didn't work. This place was so terrible that we ended up leaving and getting a room someplace else. It wasn't as convenient to get to/from game, but well worth the extra effort as I'm sure nothing good could have come from staying at the Knights Inn. I do believe the other person who said you'd be better off staying at the Bates Motel was right, go see Norman.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else < you've been warned
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Ben G, Manager at Super 8 Denver Midtown, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
I am very sorry about your stay with us at Knights Inn. We are working on fixing up the hotel both interior and exterior. We have addressed your concerns and are making improvements. I am very sorry that you ended up going elsewhere, where it wasn't as convenient to get to the game. I hope that in a few months or next football season you might come by and see the updates and try staying with us again. Thank you again for your review we appreciate the feedback.
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This place is rough. Some of my hillbilly friends and I were in Denver for Monster Jam and decided to stay here as it was close to the Pepsi Center. Even to us (white trash), this place was bad. It is very poorly kept and in a rough area. Got a few solid hours of sleep that was only interrupted a handful times by police sirens and car alarms.

Great place to catch the aids!

Room Tip: Bring a sleeping bag. Pack some heat. Prepare for the worst.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

I have recently relocated to the area and have stayed at this hotel for over a month and have spent close to $1,500 to do so. My wallet was stolen on a saturday and when I explained that I wouldn't be able to pay my bill for the week until monday....they said absolutely not. I can understand if I'd only been here for a short while but..i spent a lot of money here. Ramada/Knights Inn where not willing to work with me at all. If a family member hadn't have helped me out I would have been on the streets. They suck.

• Stayed November 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

When you first get to this hotel it looks bad. When you try to check in there's nowhere to check in you have to walk to the ramada to check in for the knights inn. When we got to our room the door would not close all the way and had a gap where you could see outside. We called the front desk and asked if we could have a different room and they said no but they would send a maintence staff to look at the door. When the maintence staff arrived it consisted of 2 Mexican ladies one old one young the young one turned to us and said the doors fine "do you know how to close a door". Wow the air conditioner doesn't work the toilet leaked every time you flush the carpets looked like a crime scene no batteries in the remote but it did have masking tape on the back to hold in the imaginary batteries. Overall this place is a dump your better off staying at bates hotel and talking to Norman.

• Stayed September 2012
IAH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

This is probably one of the worst motels I have ever stayed in this price range. I paid about $65 during memorial weekend. I chose this motel for only one reason - the location. I'm an amateur photographer who travels to take night skyline of major US cities. This hotel sits right across the Denver skyline with great views in only in some rooms (front facing) but all or most of them are smoking. If you get out of the motel you can see the beautiful views of Denver skyline.
As far as the hotel is concerned, this is one of the worst. There is no office in the motel, you have to check in at Ramada next door and the staffs are totally incompetent and unfriendly. The person who checked me in doesn't even know how to do it. I have to wait for another person, who was busy assisting other customers, to come and help her.
Rooms are totally outdated and in despair. The parking is very tight, you may not even get parking if you come late. There is nothing available in walking distance so you have to take your car out. It doesn't feel safe and people who were staying here looked rough.
My room needed some maintenance but there is no one available to fix it. Not to mention the old and dirty bed.
No breakfast and no WiFi. Its a total rundown. Do not stay here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Been to Super 8 Denver Midtown? Share your experiences!