“Super Comfy Beds!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 149 Hotels in Denver
sacramento, ca
“Super Comfy Beds!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2009

This hotel was excellent, and my favorite part was of course the beds. You can adjust the mattress firmness and you have a plethora of feather pillows. The hotel also offers free wireless internet and flat screen LCD TVs. Very quiet rooms. Wonderful stay!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2009

We arrived on New Year's Eve and were given a room on the 12th floor. The front desk gave us two free bottles of water and a pack of Oreo cookies. We then went up to the room and after setting our bags down noticed an opened box of Oreo's on the table and two bottles of water in the fridge. Thinking this was a bit strange, I called down to the desk to make sure that this was indeed our room. I was assured that it was and they offered to come clean up the Oreo's which I declined. About two minutes later, as we were unpacking the door swings open and another couple walks in. Shocked to see us, they explained that this was their room and that had checked in earlier in the day and were just now bringing their bags up. In fact, the gentleman, had hidden his friend's engagement ring in a drawer by the TV. Turns out he was holding it for his friend until that evening when he would propose to his girlfriend. As a result, I called back down to the front desk and told them what happened. The person I spoke with was not the same one who had answered five minutes prior and she was not very friendly. She said that she had us booked for a room on the 8th floor and acted as if I was stupid for asking. As if to say, "duh, you're supposed to be on the 8th floor". Safe to say, I was getting very ticked off at this point. I requested that they send up a bellhop to help us with our bags, which they did. The bellman escorted us to the new room on th 8th floor. When we got to the new room, I put the key in and opened the door to find a woman sitting on the bed watching TV. I immediately closed the door and we headed straight for the front desk.

Once we got back down to the front desk, no one seemed to want to help us until I finally cut in front of someone in line and demanded assistance. The first girl said, "well, what do you want me to do?" You would think that she would have offered some way to make this situtaion right. Thankfully, a manager of some sort stepped up at that point and offered to help. I told him the sequence of events and then he says, "sir, what would you like me to do?". So, I said that I wanted the nicest room he had and to be comp'd the night's stay. He complied and we were placed in a corner suite. He later brought up a bottle of wine and two glasses and an appology note. That was much appreciated, although the wine was cheap and spoiled. We couldn't drink it.

The hotel itself was actually pretty nice, especially for a Hilton Garden Inn, but it is fairly new. The restaurant and bar were nice and had a good selection of beers and wines. The parking situation is valet, which was fine. Altough getting in and out of the entrance area was tight and frustrating at high traffic times.

The location was good. Right across from the convention center and a short walk to 16th Street, although most of the restaurants/bars are several blocks west.

I would not stay here again du to the service issues. In fact, the only reason we did stay there was because I'm a HiltonHonors member and had a free night. Next time, I would stay across the street at the Hyatt or somewhwere closer to the restaurants on 16th.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
houston tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2009

The hotel is very centrally located in downtown. The reception area and indeed the whole hotel is very new. The rooms are nice and large. There was a new large flat screen TV and nice desk and chair to facilitate working. The hotel provides free wifi.

There is a well equipped gym with new Nautilus equipment that is open 24 hours. For anyone visiting downtown Denver, this hotel is a good option.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Montclair, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2009

If there was a hotel like this in every city, I would travel more!

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for a conference. The location was great-- right around the corner from the convention center.

I'm a light sleeper, so upon checking in, I asked the concierge (Paola) if she could put me in a quiet room. She put me in a room in a corner on the twelfth floor, far away from the elevator and the ice machine. It was so quiet, I slept like a baby.

The room was clean, had a new HDTV and new furniture. I even had a view of the Rockies!

I ordered room service every night. It was fast and delicious.

The gym was clean and had better equipment than my gym at home. Most of the time, I was the only person using it.

I have nothing bad to say about this place. It was a pleasure staying here.

• Liked — Clean, updated rooms, excellent customer service, great location
  • Disliked — No complaints.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fort Collins, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2009

I booked two rooms at the Hilton Garden Inn for an overnight stay. From the initial booking through checkout, customer service was fabulous, and for $52.80 per room! We were allowed to check in early so, even though valet parking was $25, we only had to pay to park once downtown. The rooms are large, tastefully decorated and spotless. Our king rooms had a bed, sofa, large desk and ergonomic chair as well as dresser, nightstands, flat-screen HD TV, fridge, microwave and coffeemaker. However, there was still room to walk around. The bathroom is spacious, with plenty of thick towels. Bath products are Neutrogena brand. The location is walking distance to the Colorado Convention Center, the Performing Arts Center, 16th Street Mall, and plenty of shops and restaurants. We had a nice lunch at "Pi", the restaurant in the hotel, where we also received excellent service. I would stay here again, but not for more than $100/night.

• Liked — Price, location, cleanliness, customer service.
  • Disliked — $25 valet parking charge.
  • Stayed January 2009
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2008

I haven't stayed at a lot of Hiltons, but I'm sold! I got a pretty good room at this Hilton for a decent rate. The hotel is beautiful and everything is run in a professional manner. (My only complaint was the size of the gym - I expected more given the wow-factor of the hotel, but it was just the usual fare.) I don't think I've yet given a five-star rating that was so richly deserved.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Westchester, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2008

**My Standard Disclaimer: I am not a snob who demands everything be five-star all of the time. I am not a cheapskate who refuses to pay for anything decent and then complains about the quality of the service and facilities. I am an ordinary person who only asks that my room is clean and the service and amenities offered by the hotel are consistent with the cost. I write my impressions of my stay and the value of it.**

I had a very pleasant stay at the HGI Denver. As soon as I stepped out of my cab, a staff member handed me a bottle of cold water. I was late for a business meeting when I checked in, and the staff behind the front desk was very sympathetic and did everything they could to check me in quickly. They gave me a free coupon for a drink at the bar.

My room was very nice and while the immediate view was dull, I could still see the mountains beyond the city from my window. It was my first visit to Denver and it was breathtaking. It was large, clean, and well-maintained.

I had a decent dinner in the hotel restaurant my first night and the staff was wonderful. They were so nice and they were very quick and efficient.

The gym and pool were not so great. The gym had lots of equipment, but the space was small. People were exercising on top of each other and it didn't always feel safe. The pool was tiny and the pool area was a bit dark and dingy.

The only other problem I had was at breakfast the next morning. This is where the great service went downhill a bit. I ordered waffles which were supposed to come with a side of ham, bacon, or sausage. They seemed to lose or forget my order because after waiting a long time for it, they came back and asked me again what I ordered. This was a big change from dinner the night before. The waffles came without the sausage and when I asked for it, I was charged the extra money as a side dish.

At checkout the staff was once again waiting on me well. They flagged down a town car for me and I had a nice ride back to the airport.

I would definitely stay here again if I ever have business in Denver again.

• Liked — Great, attentive staff (mostly), location
  • Disliked — Not good fitness facilities
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown? Share your experiences!