“Awesome Hotel right in downtown” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1400 Welton Street, Denver, CO 80202 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #29 of 145 hotels in Denver
Springdale, Maryland, USA
“Awesome Hotel right in downtown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I arrived early the 12th floor room that they had me scheduled for was not ready. But they had a 7th floor room available. Im so not picky so i was like sure put me in the room. The room was clean and spacious and Iit had complimentary wi-fi "winning". I was in town for a football game, it was awesome the front desk people (all of them super awesome, super sweet, super helpful, overall super) I wish i remembered their names but im terrible with names. Anyway they informed that they had a shuttle that goes to the game and it wasonly $5 bucks. They gave me pointers on what pizza place to eat, when i should leave to go snowboarding and where a good souvenir shop would be. In the middle of the night I needed tylenol they had it. On another day my friend needed a toothbrush they bought it right up to the room. I love when i get really good service and i got really good service here. I cant stop saying how amazing and nice the staff was. So polite seriously everyone even down to the valet guys. Amazing stay, amazing hotel, amazing staff!!!! Amazing area!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Louis B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm pleased to hear that you found our staff to be accommodating while you were here. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Downtown Denver!

424 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Krakow, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

The best thing is location: central and very convenient probably for most of travellers but also quite noisy especially during the day. Staff were pleasant and friendly, check-in/out fast and simple. Our room was O.K., clean, modern and comfy. Breakfast was ok, fresh and lot of choice. Generally quite nice property for 1-2 nights stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Louis B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you found the staff to be friendly and accommodating, and that you enjoyed our convenient location. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon!
Georgia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

The hotel is just across the street from the conference center downtown Denver. I enjoyed being able to come back to my room, even if I just had one hour break from the tradeshow I was working at.
The bed was top quality and the room was very quiet, which made for three very good nights of sleep.
Fast free WiFi. Good business center.
Valet parking was very efficient and courtenous, but fairly expensive.
Breakfast had a good buffet with choice above the average hotel bkfst buffet, for a price that was better than most hotels. They have great, strong coffee there.
One can walk to many restaurants downtown from the hotel.

Room Tip: High floor (if you are very sensitive to street noise, as the hotel is well sound proofed)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It sounds like our location to the convention center was very convenient for you to get back and forth easily. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and Daz Bog coffee in the restaurant. We appreciate your feedback, and thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Downtown Denver!
Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

We weren't here long. Just a quick overnight while traveling for Thanksgiving. The rooms were great, staff friendly etc. Wish there would have been more options for parking, but I am sure this is pretty standard downtown. Would definitely stay again

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. It sounds like you had an enjoyable stay while traveling for the holidays. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon at the Hilton Garden Inn!
Anoka, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We booked a room at this hotel because it was close to the convention center. The bellhops/valet parking attendants were absolutely awesome! So friendly and helpful!

We had a rental car and valet parking is extremely OVERPRICED! Since valet parking was all that was available, we had no choice but to pay the valet parking fee.

The hotel room was west facing with a mountain view. Not as spectacular as I had anticipated, and the west sun made the room feel like a sauna. After talking with the manager about the high temperature in the room, and several visits with the air conditioning engineer, it was determined that the hotel "standard" is to set the thermostats no lower than 68 degrees. Since every room in the hotel would be the same temperature, we had to request a refund and leave to find another place to stay. The manager complied with our request, and that was greatly appreciated.

If you want to be in a room in which you can have control over the temperature, I would suggest another hotel.

Room Tip: The temperature in the entire hotel was HOT! The AC in the rooms could not be adjusted below 70 deg...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the service provided by our Valet team. I'm sorry to hear that you experienced some issues with the HVAC in your room and for the inconvenience this caused. If you are in Denver again, I hope you will consider our hotel again and allow us the opportunity to provide you with a more comfortable experience.
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a seminar. I was a little concerned about where I would eat, because I did not have a rental car or other transportation. It wasn't necessary. The hotel is only a few blocks from the 16th street mall with numerous great restaurants for lunch and dinner. The hotel also has its own coffe shop and restaurant, but they were pricey, so I didn't eat there. Overall, the hotel was comfortable and service was adequate. The room had a microwave and mini-fridge, too, although with no grocery stores near by, they were mostly only good for storing and re-heating restaurant leftovers. One negative was that one of the treadmills in the fitness center was not working and nothing appeared to be done about it four days later. The complimentary fitness center was a plus, but it was very crowded, so if you wanted a treadmill, you had to get there by 5am. Having one of three machines non-functional did not help. Still, I would stay there again if I was in the area for personal reasons.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad that enjoyed your stay with us for your business trip. I will follow up on the issues you experienced in our fitness center and apologize for the inconvenience this caused you. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to hosting your next stay in Denver.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Spent a long weekend in Denver, stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn downtown Denver. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable, the complimentary breakfast was a big step up from the average fare and the location of the hotel was close to many attractions downtown.

Room Tip: We were on the south side on the sixth floor, no complaints or experience with other moms in the hot...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
We really appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast selections as well as the cleanliness and comfort of your room. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you for another long weekend!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown? Share your experiences!