“Great location, friendly staff, pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
The Sports Fan Package
Ranked #28 of 148 hotels in Denver
Topeka, Kansas
“Great location, friendly staff, pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Very pleased with my stay at this downtown hotel. Both the lobby and rooms were clean, decor was modern and not worn out. The staff was friendly and informative. The location is excellent for the convention center AND downtown entertainment access. I really appreciated the free wifi. Housekeeping was thorough and attentive. It's nice that you can adjust the firmness of the beds for each side, that certainly helped our sleep quality.

The only problem with our stay was the AC/heater and the refrigerator in our room ran loudly. There was a loud rattling noise frequently. I did not report this sound to the front desk, so I'm not basing my rating on this. The sound did not seem to bother my husband much, and it didn't keep me awake.

My husband attended a conference at the convention center and I easily explored the 16th Street Mall, Downtown, Lower Downtown and the Museum District without a car. We felt safe walking in the area, and appreciated the free mall bus to get us around faster.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Louis B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are pleased that you found our location to be very convenient for the 16th street mall and convention center. It is also nice to hear positive feedback about the friendliness of our staff as well as the hotel amenities. Thank you for all of your feedback and look forward to your next trip to Denver.

488 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Iowa City, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Nice clean hotel with very polite staff right across from the convention center. The location is ok--great for the convention center but downtown access is hindered by construction adjacent to the hotel. Lodo is a long walk through downtown denver (which surprised me -- i guess i was expecting a cleaner, friendlier downtown).

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for reviewing the hotel. I'm glad that you found our location to the convention center convenient. We look forward to having you back next time you are in downtown Denver!
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Excellent location. Excellent service. Great night's sleep and plenty of amenities. Only draw back was an issue with cable in room, but they were very, very responsive and sent someone right away and gave free movie rental and even maintenance guy brought drinks and popcorn. Great place to stay!!

Room Tip: Stay on higher floors so can see mountains.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and our staff. Sorry about the issues with the cable, but it sounds like you were more than pleased with our resolution. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to your next trip to Denver.
Brooklin, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

When I first arrived, around 1am, the front desk told me that I had to go to a different hotel because they were overbooked. I dont know why they at least let me know ahead of time. It was 1am and I was tired, but they did pay for my room and cab ride to the other hotel. Natasha was very nice and let me know when a room had become available, I know she was the one that had to do the dirty work, but she was very nice and understanding. I will come to the hotel again because of her hospitality. Overall, the hotel was centrally located with many things within walking distance and all the pi restaurant servers were very accomodating.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for filling out a survey for our hotel! I am pleased to hear that our staff was able to turn around an inconvenient situation for you. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Denver.
Tacoma, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This hotel was in a great location - easy walk to 16th Street shopping, restaurants, and other activities. The hotel's conference facilities worked out just fine, front desk and bell staff were friendly, room was spacious - no complaints at all. There is an espresso shop right on the property, although there is at least one Starbucks within easy walking distance (I have my priorities).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Louis B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. I am pleased to hear that your accommodations and our amenities met your expectations. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to downtown Denver.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is in a great location for anyone attending a convention at the Denver Convention Center - it is an easy 1/2 block walk. It is also close walking distance to the open air mall up and down 16th street, which has many stores, restaurants and night spots. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and the room is clean, with a micro wave and refrigerator to help out with meals. There is really good FREE coffee in the lobby each morning - not the case with some of the other hotels near the Convention Center.

Room Tip: The higher floors have a great view of the Denver skyline and the mountains in the distance.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad that you found our proximity to the 16th street mall and Convention Center to be convenient. It's always nice to hear that our staff was friendly, and we are glad you enjoyed the coffee. We hope to see you again soon.
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here for three nights. The room was very comfortable. The HVAC was quiet and efficient. There is a refrigerator and microwave in every room. The coffee maker has a stainless steel pot, not glass, so the hot water tasted like hot water and not coffee. As a teas drinker, that was a nice touch. The blackout curtains do a great job making it easy to sleep regardless of the light. The breakfast was good (though the eggs tasted weird to me - that is a preference thing). The convention center is across the street. There is wifi and free printing for guests. A nice waiting area in the lobby. The Hotel was FULL and there was enough staff on duty to handle all requests. Valet is $29 a night and very efficient. I was traveling for business but had my family with me. This was an enjoyable hotel experience.

Room Tip: Call Valet 10 minutes before you need your car.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for reviewing our hotel! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed all of our amenities and found our staff to be accommodating. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again when you are in Denver.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown? Share your experiences!