“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 147 hotels in Denver
Fort Collins, United States
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Very nice property. Clean and kept up well inside and out. Staff friendly and helpful. Nice variety of breakfast items to choose from. Wasn't quite sure how to work the air conditioning though. Comfortable beds. Overall a great stay. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

223 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Wamego, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We had fabulous service from all the great staff at this hotel - all the help from the front desk was wonderful. The rooms were clean, especially liked the fresh duvet covers. The breakfast included fresh fruit and healthy choices. We will return to this hotel often for these reasons, especially due to the friendly staff and personal service at the front desk.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Mineola, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Very nice stay. This hotel is right off Interstate 25 and a short drive to downtown Denver. Check-in was fairly quick. The room was clean and equipped with a coffee maker, microwave and safe. The hotel has free wi-fi, free breakfast and free parking. We recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to be close to the downtown Aquarium, Elitch Gardens and downtown Denver.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kent, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Before I booked this hotel I called to verify a few things, the man who answered my questions was very polite. I originally booked the hotel for 3 nights but when I found out we were not able to get a flight out I called and Jake answered. I told him that I didn't have my reservation number with me but I needed to cancel one night only. He looked the reservation up and said everything was taken care of that we still had reservations for the remaining 2 nights.

The 2 queen room we received was on the 4th floor and it was clean. We also faced the road but did not hear any noise. The fan was running when we got there but I had to turn on the AC. Beds were comfy but they only had 3 pillows on each bed. At least 2 of the 3 pillows were flat. Housekeeping left a nice flower made out of kleenex in the kleenex holder, so much so that you didn't want to use the kleenex. Room had a microwave and fridge and DirectTV. Daughter used the free WIFI on her phone and she said it great for the most part but it did drop her a few times. The key cards to get into the rooms are wonderful , you just swipe them across the door instead of trying to get them into a slot.

The hot tub, pool and fitness center are in the basement. The hot tub was fine but I don't think that it has a shut off after 15 minutes and there was no clock there so I couldn't gauge how long I had been in there. The pool was a little small but then again I was the only one there so it was fine for me. I peeked in the fitness room and I believe they only had 3 apparatus plus weights.

We happened to go downstairs when we noticed the free cookies on the counter. Missed them the second night because we were out. Hotel does have free parking but.....every time we went outside there were no spots!! I am glad we had our cousin to drive us around. It appears that you could walk to LODO in a small amount of time.

The clock in our room was set for 4 hours later and we could not get it set. I finally called down to the front desk and it happened to be Jake again. He came up and set our clock but only after finding the instructions.

Breakfast was average and the hot items did change the two mornings we were there and the attendants were always filling up the items.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Jake H, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Denver-Speer Boulevard, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We strive to ensure our employees give the best customer service possible. We feel it is very important to keep guests, such as yourself, coming back.
Kansas City, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

All was great at this Hampton location. Friendly staff and nice rooms. The internet connection was also real fast. The location is immediately off the interstate. The value was well worth it considering all of the great service, cleanliness, breakfast and room comforts.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Honolulu, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

This hotel met and/or exceeded my expectations in every category possible. I stayed for four nights and could not be happier. The location was ideal for all of my needs. Downtown and the Pepsi center were just a few minutes away. Most of all, The big REI was right there. I highly recommend this location. The best asset this location has is the Staff. They were the best.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Nice clean rooms and room service was great. Front desk service was very kind and helpful. They make homemade cookies every afternoon. Good hot breakfast with lots to choose from. Direct Tv in the rooms was a plus. Pool and hot tub isn't huge but very nice. The pool hours are from 6 am to Midnight. Internet service worked great and plenty of parking. I don't think people realize the parking lot across the street is for customers too. Close to Elitch Gardens and Aquarium. We also walked to Lola's a great Mexican restaurant.

Stayed August 2013

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Denver-Speer Boulevard? Share your experiences!