“Great stay and wonderful staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Getaway Package
Ranked #8 of 150 Hotels in Denver
Austin, Texas
“Great stay and wonderful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed here for three nights. I wanted to stay closer in to downtown but all Hilton properties were booked downtown. I was very pleased with this hotel and everything about this Hampton was great. The service was great from everyone especially the front desk employees, Jake and Marcus. The breakfast was good and I love the 24 hour coffee and tea. The location was not ideal to walk downtown but if your willing to walk about a mile and a half it's a nice walk. There are some good restaurants nearby and the front desk has a printout with all nearby walking distance places to eat. The room was huge and had a lot of plugs and USB ports for all your technical devices.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

My company's usual places downtown were all fully booked due to conventions, so this became my base for 4 days. I was really impressed. Room was very quiet and clean despite the hotel being full. Small rounded desk was excellent for 1 person working. Easy printing to the business centre off the lobby.

Breakfast was better than typical. Hot oatmeal was appreciated, plus fresh fruit and yogurt are unusual and also appreciated. One morning I even needed a 'grab and go' breakfast that Hampton provides in a brown bag - nice touch.

Pool and hot tub were nice and typical smaller size for a hotel. I wish the hot tub was hotter but I think that of most tubs. And lawsuits probably prevent it anyways. It was hot, I just like it almost scalding.

Main floor room had a bar sized fridge and a small microwave which gave me an option when restaurant meals were too big or I just wanted to eat in.

What I really appreciated about the room was the large number of outlets! Thank you Hampton Inn! Between personal gadgets, laptops, and a medical device I need more than one or two. This room had 4 between the beds, two on the walls beside each bed, another 3 at the desk, etc. Literally a dozen easily accessible. No moving furniture, unplugging devices, etc. The power centre also had USB ports for charging ... nice.

Overall I really liked the place. It is 2.5 miles from the offices downtown, but I had a car this trip (not always). Getting downtown was very straightforward and simple, about 15 minutes at 8 am. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Highly recommended. Enjoyed the stay. My company may put me up elsewhere next time, but I would recommend the Hampton Inn be put on their list of recommended places.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This hotel is located just west if I-25 at the intersection of Speers and Zuni. I attended a convention at the Colorado Convention Center in downtown Denver CO. The hotels that are within walking distance were all expensive at $200 per night and up, and parking was valet only (for a high fee) in many places. This Hampton Inn is just across I-25 from downtown. You could walk there, but it is probably about a 2 miles walk. Taxi rides were $7 to $10 for 2 people to locations near the convention center. The $20/day in Taxi rides is less than the $100 difference in room rates. There is also a city bus that goes from near the hotel to downtown for $2.25 per person. If you do have a car, parking at the hotel is free, and parking near the convention center is $10 to $20 per day depending on the lot. Two blocks away from the convention center was $10, vs. across the street was $20. The Hampton Inn provided free breakfast every day. It was a hot breakfast with eggs, potatoes, and bacon or sausage, toast options, make your own waffles, fruit, cereals, juices, and yogurts. They had breakfast to go if you didn't have the time. The staff was friendly, and did everything I asked for and more. The room was clean and quiet. The hotel does not have a shuttle of any kind.

Room Tip: Didn't see a difference in the room locations.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Schaumburg, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Denver-Speer Boulevard in August. We had a comfortable stay. Thanks to the staff, especially the manager, Chris, I believe his name was. He went out of his way to help our stay memorable, as we were celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary. The hotel was very clean. It was in close proximity to many other places to visit. Thanks again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed here during the early part of September and it was a very good choice overall. The hotel appears to be quite new, maybe a couple of years old as it still appears very fresh. We are always impressed by the rooms Hampton have to offer and this was highlighted here, it had everything we required, nice comfy bed, fridge (not a mini bar), microwave, safe and a television which was obviously new as it was the most up to date television I have found in a hotel room. The staff were very friendly and the breakfast was good, nothing fancy but good all the same. It is quite a walk into downtown Denver and as we had no car this was our way of getting there. The area to the north east of the hotel appears to be quite chic and there are a few restaurants/wine bars/bars within a ten minute walk. We loved The Alehouse which is within that ten minute walk and has fantastic views of the downtown area at night. The food here was excellent and was always busy which is a very good sign. Nice place to stop for a drink on the way to and from downtown. About 100 yards from here is the Ice Cream Man which is a shop which sells ice cream, surprise surprise, however this is no ordinary ice cream shop. It is in the shape of an giant milk urn and on our Friday night there we found a line of people about 40 yards long waiting to be served at 10 pm !!! How cool is that. We also found it very safe to walk in the area and had no qualms about doing so. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to stay in a nice area but with a 20 - 25 min walk into the downtown area. It is a nice walk though.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

great location - you easily and safely walk to 16th st mall and the hotel is right by exit 212B of interstate 25.Hotel is lovely - staff are very professionsl and helpful,lots of choice for breakfast, hotel is modern and clean, room had fridge , bed was comfy.The only problem we found was that the bathroom was a little on the small side- it was a bit tight getting in and out of the bathroom. But we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012
North Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed here for the Steelers / Bronco game and the hotel was perfect. The location was great for downtown and the stadium. A little to far to walk to the stadium for me, but some people did. The front desk staff was awesome, very friendly, especially the night shift guy. He even offered to fix us breakfast the morning we left at 5am. Rooms were nice and clean, with refrigerator, micowaves and safe. Best of all my wife loved the ceiling fan. I would highly recommend this hotel!!!! It is also close to Little Mans Ice Cream, don't miss out on that!!! It is 17 mile from the airport. Over-all PERFECT!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family