“Probably the best Hampton Inn I've ever stayed at” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
HHonors Weekend
Ranked #16 of 150 Hotels in Denver
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Probably the best Hampton Inn I've ever stayed at”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We were in Denver for the Great American Beer Festival and stayed here for 3 nights. The rooms are very large for a Hampton. The front desk staff were very friendly and gave great advice on places to eat. It's only a few blocks from the downtown pedestrian mall. The pool and Jacuzzi were nice. Beware of the cab drivers - most of them didn't know where they were going, thankfully we used our GPS on the phone to help navigate. Take the pedicab/rickshaw rides, they are a blast and the drivers are a hoot!

Room Tip: The king suites are laid out odd - it's one long room with no separation between the living room...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Now I see what all the 5 stars are about! The staff was very friendly, helpful, and the place is just very, very, very clean - something you don't see even in the finest hotels anymore! The room and bed was quiet and comfortable. When we checked in, we asked about parking, and they gave us the options of the pay lot across the street, parking meters or their Valet service for $20. We opted for the Valet, as we could come/go as we wanted and not have to rack up parking fees across the street. The parking also just worked better for us as we were only there for one night, and needed the car that evening to attend a concert.

The breakfast was good - nothing really spectacular but it was fresh and tasty. The hotel is located pretty close to just about everything downtown, and in a good neighborhood as far as we could tell.

Kudos to the Hampton Inn staff on making this a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: There are no rooms with a "Good View"...it's in the middle of downtown, so there will...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Clarksville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

This is a perfect Hampton Inn! I loved it from the minute I arrived until the minute I left. It's in perfect condition, very, very clean, and had by far the most food of any Hampton I've visited, and I've been to over 20 of them all over the county. The people who work here love their jobs, care about their guests, and work very hard to make the guest experience as good as possible! The rooms are marvelous, the beds are great, and it has a great exercise room and pool on the lower level. It was a short walk to 16th Street and the Convention Center, so we did not have to drive here. I went with a group of co-workers, so we stayed in six separate rooms. Everyone agreed they loved this hotel! The only bad experience we had was our supervisor was kicked out of her room on the first morning and had to pack her bags and leave them at the front desk, and move into a different room the second night through the rest of the week. The first room was better with a King size bed and she was moved to a room with two double beds. She was never given a good explanation for why this occurred. I am sure this well run hotel will make sure this does not happen to future guests. I will stay here every time I'm in Denver.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

My wife and I spent a weekend here and loved the location. We walked a few blocks to the 16th Street mall and felt very safe the entire time. This hotel has all the usual Hampton inn amentities including a great breakfast in the morning. Our room was on the top floor(6th) but unfortunately didn't have a great view, facing the office building next door - typical of many downtown hotels. The staff was very pleasant and helpful in providing directions.

Room Tip: Free weeekend parking on the street in front of the hotel!!!
Seabrook, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We had a three night stay over a long weekend for the Broncos vs. Texans game on 9/21-9/24/12. I found this as being one of the most reasonable rates for that weekend (as everything downtown is hiked up for game weekends). We like Hampton Inn so we decided this was a good choice. The parking was good, as there are 4-5 spots a few yards in front of the lobby door for loading/unloading. They have free parking not far away on the weekends and a paid parking lot directly across the street. The decor was very modern and colorful, we liked it. I enjoyed the two big screens in the fitness center as well as the free breakfast with plenty of healthy choices. Our bed was comfortable and the room was much bigger than expected. The room was quiet overnight. Our only issue was the elevator. This hotel is six floors and we were on the sixth floor. Several times I took the elevator to save time because one of the two elevators was out. If you need use of the elevator for a disability, etc., I would request a room on the first floor. We had a very good stay and would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again. Very nice! The staff was impecible and very friendly!

Room Tip: Only two elevators, choose first floor in case one of the two elevators is out of service as with ou...
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We traveled to Denver and we like to relax at night in hot tubs, so we prefer hotels that have hot tubs and heated pools. This one had an indoor version of both, and had a pretty great price considering. I booked it way in advance, even knowing there is a $20/night valet fee. Here's a good tip though (provided by the staff to us, shockingly): On the weekends, and as long as your car is out by 9AM and in by 6AM, parking on the street around there is free. You only need to feed the meter between 9AM-6PM. We avoided paying for valet a couple of days by doing this.

The hotel staff is extremely friendly and extremely helpful. They told us how to walk to nearby attractions several times and were extremely courteous. They recognized us and made casual conversation. The FREE breakfast choices were awesome, as was the eating area. The hotel is within comfortable walking distance (just a few blocks) from the amazing 16th Street Mall, which we visited several times, which also includes the US Mint and the Federal Reserve.

I can guarantee we will stay there again if we go back to Denver. There are only 3 downsides:
1) The internet is dog slow at night, but I've never stayed at a hotel that has fast internet at night, and we don't go places for the internet access
2) The hot tub wasn't really *hot*. It was acceptably warm, but I prefer the hot tub to be hot when I get in, such that I can't really stay in it more than 10-15 minutes. It helps relax the muscles. We reported the issue to the staff, and they said they'd have maintenance check the temp, but when we used it later, it was still the same warm temperature.
3) The TV is horrible. It's a flat screen, but the feed going to it is a non-HD coax feed that is filled with static. I've stayed in Hampton Inns in tiny cities with full HD DirecTV, so I'm not sure what the issue is here. Hopefully this gets upgraded soon. But again, we were only watching TV when we were going to sleep, but we wanted to catch a couple of shows and the stretched non-HD static picture was pretty bad, compared to home.

One more thing, I called ahead before our flight left and let them know I'd be bringing sodas (purchased at King Soopers which it turns out is basically Kroger [same company. I'm from Texas where we have Kroger]) and asked if they could go turn the refrigerator in the room down so it could start cooling down so it could keep my sodas cool. They said no problem and it was turned down when I got there.

Valet parking was painless. I dropped the keys with them at the counter when we arrived in the loading zone, and if I called 2-3 minutes before I'd be down in the lobby, the car would be there waiting on us when we came down the elevator. We were never waiting on our car.

Room Tip: It was completely quiet, so I have no idea. It's in the middle of downtown, so I don't think...
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We were in town for the Denver Bronco/Pittsburgh Steelers game. Booked this hotel because it was the "cheapest" place to stay in the Downtown area on a football weekend - WOW - what a great surprise - it's a really nice hotel !!! We arrived close to 1230pm - asked about checking early so we could head to the game - they said YES. (Thanks Sara - you made our day !!!) The rooms are large, very clean, very comfortable, and the QUIETEST hotel I've ever stayed. The pool and fitness center are great. The staff was generally nice - other than the girl at check in it appeared that everyone was "doing their job." The hotel is a short walk to 16th St Mall area - and you're note dodging a lot of bums/homeless/beggars like you are at other Downtown Denver hotels. A short walk up 17th Avenue you'll find some great local places for food/drink !!! I would say the only negative - breakfast - both mornings the were out of food - and the guests had to wait - that's unacceptable with a hotel that has high volume like this property - happened both mornings. The parking situation is confusing - there are lots nearby - that I found out after the fact I could have parked overnight for less - the hotel valet parking is expensive - and the front desk staff takes care of the car - the staff would leave the desk to park/retrieve car. This is really a great hotel - I was very pleasantly surprised - I would stay here again !!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends