“Probably won't stay anywhere else in downtown Denver.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Denver City Center

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn Denver City Center to your Saves list
Residence Inn Denver City Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1725 Champa St, Denver, CO 80202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #14 of 147 hotels in Denver
Casper, Wyoming
“Probably won't stay anywhere else in downtown Denver.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I usually don't write reviews although I read them all the time. I felt that this hotel is worthy of my first review. I have stayed at other hotels downtown, and this one has my vote. First of all location can not be beat. It is close to Coors field, and 16th St mall. There is a 7 eleven across the street. There are plenty of restaurants around and you can bring your leftovers back because there is a fridge and a microwave. Seriously, that alone should be enough of an incentive. Free internet is something that not all hotels offer, but this one does. If there is a downside, I guess it would be that there is not a swimming pool. That did not bother me because I think they're gross. Also, the parking is a little pricey, but in the same ballpark as every other hotel. (It seems you've got to get lucky or find the right package to get a hotel with free parking.) In the room we got, there were 2 tvs. I'm sure most don't care about that, but it was nice for me at times. The room did only have a queen size bed, but that was good enough for me. I know there are rooms with king size beds. The staff was helpful and there was actually a decent breakfast. Overall I was very impressed with this hotel and recommend it to anyone that is looking for a downtown hotel assuming that the rate is reasonable.

Room Tip: I was on the 10th floor and was content.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Alanna4734, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Denver City Center, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Residence Inn Denver City Center was enjoyable.

486 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

First time on a business trip to Denver June 2-5. The staff at this hotel were so friendly, helpful, efficient, and just plain nice! The hotel is quiet, clean, nicely decorated. Beds very comfortable and room temperature just right. The location is great to walk any where downtown. Thank you to the front desk for making this stay flawless!

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Broomfield, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We spent one night that the hotel for fun "stay-cation" with our kids. We found the staff to be extremely friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. Hotel also has a great location being just a block away from the free mall shuttle.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Laramie, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

This is a great Hotelfor all sorts of activities weather it be for a rockies game, shopping, or going to the sporting venues at the pepsi center or metro state. Danial at the front did a great job on helping us out on where good places to eat are. The rooms are very clean and have a kind of home like feeling to them. Breakfast was great it had tons of options along with friendly service, overal great hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

In my line of work I stay at easily fifteen different hotels a year. I rely on TripAdvisor to choose where I stay. My experience at this Residence Inn has been so exceptional I felt I should write my first review. I picked this establishment based on location to my business and reviews. Located only a block away from 16th Street, I ate at fine eateries like The Cheesecake Factory, Mici's (Italian), and Johnny Rockets (great shakes). The walk from the Residence Inn to 16th Street is safe even when I got a late night craving for cheesecake! The short walk to Coors Field (Go Rockies) was a great way to unwind after a long day. I work all around downtown Denver and this establishment allowed me to arrive at all of my destinations in under twenty minutes by car. Their parking garage is easy to navigate and I had no problem fitting my Suburban into parking spaces.

This establishment has outstanding service. I've stayed here the past two weekends and Daniel, Daniel (there are two), Pernilla and Mary (front desk) all know who I am. When I decided I wanted to grill some brats and burgers for my co-workers, the Mariott staff had their propane grill prepared for us (utensils and all) when we got back from work. Additionally, they directed us to the best places to eat near Coors Field when we wanted to take in a Rockies game.

The rooms are spacious, clean, and quiet, just as I would expect from a Marriott. Their reservations person, Laura, has been great working with my secretary to book our rooms close together. One of the little features I like most about this place, and this might sound funny, are the elevators. They are so fast! I hate waiting for elevators when I just want to get to my room and relax, and the Residence Inn's elevator system is second to none.

I’ve been so impressed with this Residence Inn that I’ve already booked a mini-vacation for me and my elementary aged children (wife will be stuck at work). We are going to go to a game and enjoy all the fun and food 16th Street has to offer.

Room Tip: The eighth floor is my favorite. It has an outdoor area you can enjoy. We grilled hamburgers and b...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Our family of 4 enjoyed this 1 night stay in a king suite with fold-out couch. Within walking distance to Coors Field and amazing breakfast with tons of choices. The hotel s in beautiful condition and parking is $25 per day. All rooms have full kitchens if needed.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Tucson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights and really enjoyed our stay. Nice 1-bedroom unit with everything you'd need for a longer stay. Hotel was redone a few months ago and everything was in good condition, but we can't understand why they only put in a queen bed. We're not big people, but it was a little crowded. The bedroom has space for a king. Breakfast was decent with a good variety. Good location one and a half blocks from the 16th Street Mall and free shuttle. Tons of restaurants in LoDo. Downtown Denver is a lot of fun. We lived here for 30 years before moving to Tucson several years ago and were really pleased to see all the activity in downtown. No grocery store (yet) downtown, so the kitchen in the unit is not as useful as it will be one day. Next time we come back to Denver, we will definitely stay here again!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Denver City Center? Share your experiences!