“Very nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Denver City Center

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn Denver City Center to your Saves list
Residence Inn Denver City Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1725 Champa St, Denver, CO 80202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #14 of 147 hotels in Denver
London ON
“Very nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Our family of 4 stayed here for 1 night in a two bedroom suite in late June 2012 to begin our 2 week Colorado-Arizona vacation. This is a nice, clean, quiet, and modern hotel. Nice lobby. The 2 bedroom was quite large (each bedroom has a queen bed, and there is a separate living room with a kitchenette). Convenient parking for our car rental. Good free breakfast. A good downtown location.
We enjoyed our stay at this hotel, and we recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Jill L, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Denver City Center, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
I’m glad you enjoyed your stay. It sounds like our accommodations were perfect for your family. We hope to see you again soon!

486 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I stayed here for three nights in the summer on vacation and was pleased overall with my stay. This is the best hotel I've stayed in looking back over recent years, and I'm glad I shelled out the extra dollars. There were some small nuances and quirks about the location which prevented me from giving it an "excellent" rating, but I would definitely be willing to recommend this hotel depending on what a traveler is in Denver for. The location has it's good and bad parts. One good part is that it is near the 16th Street Mall, and the 16th Street Mall has free shuttles that run up and down the long road all day long. So, if you're walking around downtown and are getting tired, as long as you can make it to the 16th Street Mall, you can hop on the shuttle and get off on the street that the Residence Inn is on. The whole area has plenty of food options, mostly chain restaurants and lunch places like The Cheesecake Factory and Corner Bakery. There is a 711 right across the street from this hotel and a Walgreen's is nearby, so you won't have to worry about going without any toiletries you may have forgotten to pack. The bad part in my opinion is that the 16th Street Mall has its mix of people and to me looked like it could be very shady at night. Sometimes even during the day when walking back to my hotel there would be pretty rough looking individuals waiting for the bus. I figured the area would be filled with business travelers since the description on the hotel's website makes it seem like it's right next to the convention center. I think the Grand Hyatt was closer to the convention center, but yes, you can walk there. As for the hotel itself, it's a real convenience to have a microwave and refrigerator, something most regular hotels don't have nowadays or want to charge for. My studio suite was huge. The bathroom is narrow, but it is long and fairly clean. The kitchen was clean besides some filth between the refrigerator and counter space (something most people wouldn't even notice). These are very small issues that were not worth complaining about, but one of my bathroom towels did have specks of hair in it, the bathroom floor had a strand of hair on it, and the remote was kind of grimy. I just made sure to not put my hand all over the remote, and I asked the front desk for another bath towel. It was sort of annoying that the front desk staff person claimed they had no towels at all back there, but I used my other ones and the next day got some more. For the money paid it would be nice if their staff made sure hair wasn't in the towel, but I guess that's why these places are called hotels and not homes. In general, it was a clean room with a couple of quirks. The bed seemed fine and comfy enough and my windows had the refreshing view of downtown highrises versus what I'm used to getting stuck with like looking at some garbage or heater. My biggest issue was the noise in the building; I think this is one of the noisiest hotels I've stayed in, and I don't mean hearing people talking. I kept hearing what I would liken to someone dropping a bag of basketballs, but it sounded like the sound was coming from beneath me which is odd. There was a gym on the floor below me (which was pretty nice) but it seems odd that even if people are dropping weights that I'd hear it that well vs. the people on the 7th floor (the gym is on the 8th floor and I was on the 9th). This sound was pretty constant and got worse from the day into the night, really drumming up after 10 pm and I'd gone to the gym at night before and not seen anyone in there. I would also hear what sounded like water running, A LOT. The first night it was bearable, but the second and third night it was miserable. It would wake me up around 6:00 AM. I didn't complain for a new room because by the time it really began to annoy me I didn't have much left of my stay. I'm not sure if it was the gym or housekeeping staff or just other guests. I guess the walls are pretty thin; maybe it depends on which side of the hotel you are on and what floor. I think I may have used my earplugs one night. Besides the hair in the towel and noise I was happy with my stay, but probably wouldn't come back to this particular hotel because I prefer to sleep in peace and quiet. The continental breakfast spread is so-so, I thought it could have had more variety for the rate of the hotel, but it was better than others and maybe they figure guests can cook too since they have a kitchen. I guess I was there during many business trips because the space was kind of tight where they keep the food in the kitchen behind the hotel bar. There is juice, tea, coffee, meat, cereal, oatmeal, and mix to make waffles. They also have complimentary light finger foods and wine and beer in the evening which I thought was awesome. I didn't eat the food, but enjoyed the fact that it was there if I wanted it. There is a Caribou nearby for any coffee drinkers who don't like the hotel's coffee. It was a little irritating that you have to re-sign back in to the wifi network every 24 hours, but I guess it's a security precaution so I should be more patient and understanding. Overall, no big complaints and a successful stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
orlando, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

We stayed only one night here. If we'd had more time in town, I think it would have been a good place to take day trips from.

Our room was on the 14th floor. It was a two bedroom, two bath, with the lIving area in the center. Plenty of room for kids to play, and sleep in their own room. We used the refrigerator for our leftovers. Kitchen was clean and dining table was big enough for a family of four.

Beds were comfortable. In one bathroom, the toilet paper dispenser was broken. The light fixture cover was loose. I called housekeeping and they sent someone right away to fix it. I think the hotel could probably benefit from some cosmetic remodeling, but there was nothing so terrible or ugly that would prevent me from staying here again.

The breakfast was good. You can make your own waffles, toast bagels. They also had biscuits and sausage gravy which was delicious. They had sausages and bacon. They didn't have pancakes. Dining area was bright and clean. The big screen tv was a nice touch.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
Alanna4734, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Denver City Center, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Residence Inn Denver City Center was enjoyable.

Ryan Bayles-Gottehrer
Guest service supervisor
Residence Inn Marriott City Center
ryan.b-gottehrer@ridenver.com
303-296-3444
Superior, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

As a family of four (2 adults 2 kids) we stayed at the Residence Inn Denver City Center for two night before heading out to Estes Park for the rest of the week. We stayed in a 1 bedroom family suite which offered 1 queen bed and one pull out sofa. We were also allowed a rollaway in this room type. The space was great minus the fact that the pull out sofa was far from comfortable, but then that seems to be the case with any pull out sofa.
We received great customer service throughout our stay and the complimentary buffet breakfast was delicious.
I also was able to use the gym which was small but never crowded. The negative for us was that this property lacked a pool, but we managed just fine with all there was to see and do in downtown Denver.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We enjoyed our 5 night stay here (and we got a F&F reduced rate, so that made the value even better). Here are the pros:

- Rooms were spacious and mainly clean. Water pressure was good as well.
- The complimentary brunch was constantly top-notch! Some of the best free hotel food we've ever eaten! The free work-week dinners were more hit-or-miss, but still substantial for free hotel food.
- The hotel is a newer property, so its still in the 'nice and clean' phase.
- Staff was friendly and responsive. Front desk and dinning room were particularly friendly, cordial, and helpful.
- Caribou Coffee on the corner of the hotel, accessible without going outside? Yes please.
- Location is great, in the LoDo business district. Nothing unsafe at all about the area at large.
- Bed was comfortable enough (though not terribly so).

Cons
- We asked for a 'feather free room' but most of the pillows we got had feathers (as told by the puffy faces and runny noses each morning).
- At turndown, we were constantly left just 3 bath towels, always calling to ask for more. Would it kill them to just leave 4 towels in the room?
- Charge for parking. I know, free parking at city hotels is rarer than a Rockies winning season, but I refuse to 'accept' this.
- The cleanliness of the room was good, but not great. There was a crumbled Dorito under one of our curtains from check-in to check-out (present when we got there), which was never touched. Also, one of the window sills also had a smudge of...something...on it, as well as two baby footprints, both of which were there for our whole stay. Just little things that tell me housekeeping cuts corners when they can.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay, and would definitely consider staying there again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
annapolis, md
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Since this is located in the city center, the hotel has a different feel than similar Residence Inn properties that sit in the suburbs or in the country. The "suite" felt smaller too, but it was fine for our needs.

The hallways were well lighted, wide and attractive. The elevators were swift, and the hearth room, where breakfast and light snacks were served, was a very ample space - the largest I have seen for a Residence Inn. That made breakfast a breeze even with a boatload of guests.

I thought the beds were plenty comfortable, and the rooms in general were very clean and didn't show signs of wear and tear. The eighth floor workout room was well equipped. From the gym you could access a rooftop deck, where a large hot tub was located along with tables and chairs.

The location was great, just two blocks from the 16th Street pedestrian mall. Many folks immediately think of a shopping center when the word mall is used but that would be incorrect here. This very wide boulevard (free of cars, not buses) is tree lined with a nice mix of restaurants, cafes, stores, ice cream shops, live music, and street entertainers like balloon artists and human statues. All in all It's a decent place to stay in the mile high city of Denver.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Only two blocks from 16th Street Mall which is a mile long boardwalk in downtown. Very safe area to walk at night and close to many attractions. The complimentary hot breakfast was excellent and during the week they have a happy hour that incudes free beer, wine and a light dinner. See photos posted by iGrade for more details. The only downfall to the hotel is I couldn't find a pool and the fitness center is small. Although a beautiful area to run outside in the morning. I will definitely stay here on my next business trip back to Denver.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear traveler,

Ryan Bayles-Gottehrer
Guest service supervisor
Residence Inn Marriott City Center
ryan.b-gottehrer@ridenver.com
303-296-3444

Been to Residence Inn Denver City Center? Share your experiences!