“very nice!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   650 15th Street, Denver, CO 80202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Romance Package
Ranked #7 of 147 hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“very nice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

A very clean, comfortable hotel with helpful, friendly staff. Our room was clean and comfortable with great mountain views. Good location...steps away from shopping and dining, and a short walk to the museums or capitol building. The lounge on the top floor has beautiful, panoramic views of the mountains.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear LvSousek10,

I am so happy that you had a wonderful stay with us. It is fantastic that you were able to enjoy our great location and spectacular views! We can’t wait to welcome you back again soon.

1,459 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is a clean downtown hotel. All areas were clean. Our Bellman was very helpful. Our room was clean, sleek and roomy. The beds were the same, and a good rest was had. We were up high and could see alot of the city out of our window. Staff was friendly and helpful. Looking back, there was
just nothing wrong with this place.I appreciate that.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Peaceful T,

I am so happy that you had a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for your great comments regarding your guest room cleanliness. It is wonderful that our staff took great care of you and we can’t wait to welcome you back again soon.

Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

I just returned from a two night stay at the Hyatt Regency at the Denver Convention Center. I received a great rate through my membership in the AAA that included Breakfast for Two. I had been told that self-parking would not be available during my stay since they were re-paving the lot. However upon arrival I was told by a very nice, polite and helpful valet that there was "complimentary" parking at the Tremont parking garage located two blocks from the hotel. SWEET!!! What a great way to start the weekend. Since I was feeling flush with the unexpected savings on parking charges, I opted to spring for a room on the 25th floor with a mountain view. The breakfast buffet was wonderful and offered some interesting offering gs (i.e. Duck Posole). Many thanks to Ben, my waiter at the Altitudes restaurant was very friendly and attentive. Overall, this hotel met all of my expectations!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Patricia A,

Thank you for your great review! I am so happy that you enjoyed your time here in Denver and at our property. It is wonderful to hear that you had such a great experience from the front drive to our restaurants! We can’t wait to welcome you back again soon.

Crystal Lake, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband, two kids (ages 7 and 9) and I stayed at this hotel on July 4th-July 6th before heading on to explore other parts of Colorado. From the moment we got out of our rental car and checked-in, we were impressed by the professionalism and helpfulness of the staff. We had a room on the 33rd floor with a nice view of the city. The room was clean and spacious enough for the four of us (by hotel standards). We did experience problems with the plumbing and with the in-room safe, but after a quick call down to the front desk both problems were fixed immediately. We requested an in-room humidifier and this helped us to overcome the very dry air, since we came from a humid climate. We attended a Rockies game on July 4th and we were able to walk to and from the ballpark which was nice. It isn't a short walk, but it is absolutely doable (my kids didn't even complain) and it was interesting to see more of downtown Denver along the way. The hotel is a block from the 16th Street Pedestrian Mall (not too impressive) and the shuttle runs along this street too.

The hotel lobby was usually quite busy, but we never noticed any noise in the hallway outside of our room. We didn't use the pool or any other hotel amenities since we were there for such a short time, but they do have a Starbucks in the lobby area which was good for a quick coffee before we went out to eat our real breakfast (at Snooze - can't recommend this place enough!!).

If I were to complain about anything (and this is really a nit-pick), it would be that the parking garage is a two block walk from the hotel. It wasn't a huge deal since my husband went to get the car and picked-up me and the kids in front of the hotel when we went out and after all it was FREE!! We're from Chicago where overnight parking downtown can easily run you $40-$50/night at a hotel with valet.

I'd definitely stay here again if/when I return to Denver.

Room Tip: Room 3319 was great!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear JMBC,

Thank you for your raving review. It is wonderful that you were able to enjoy a Colorado adventure here with us. I appreciate your comments about the issues you experienced. I am so happy that our staff came right up and solved the issues for you. It sounds like you had a great adventure here at our property and we can’t wait to welcome you back again soon.

Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Able to walk around denver. Nice for working out. Pricy parking. Room is nice. Good bed. Check in was really busy and busy lobby. Colleen and taylor were very nice at consierge desk. Best food was a half mile or more walking. 16th street mall was touristy. High homeless population.

• Stayed July 2013
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

In spite of a late check-in, the front desk was fully staffed with absolutely charming folks! On the way to the elevators, I passed by the walk-up coffee bar/snack bar/toiletry shop, which is open 24/7. Wow. Such convenience is rare. If you need a power bar at midnight because your flight was delayed, you can have one.

The linens, pillows, and mattresses, really are above par, and I had 3 good nights to evaluate the room.

While the hotel is not connected to the convention center directly, there is a short walk across one quiet street to the door. When conventions demand a lot (and conventions are work!), it is enormously valuable to conserve time and energy.

Book early, pay a little extra--if you're here for business, you'll get your money's worth.

Room Tip: A view to the east is a bit more interesting, if you're going to spend any time peering out the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel at the end of our road trip so it was nice to stay somewhere a little nicer. Luckily we stayed during the 4th of July week when there was no conferences so we only paid about 100 a night for the room. We knew nothing about Denver but from the other reviews we could tell that it was close to main street with shops and restaurants. The hotel is Downtown, which means you can walk pretty much everywhere you want. Close to the stadiums, convention center, and all other parts of town you want to roam to as long as you do not mind walking. The city is so pretty with so much to look at we loved it. The hotel as a great bar at the top with amazing views and a beautiful gym which is open 24 hours. They do charge you a lot to park there for the day, but you can just used daily parking across the street for 1/3 the price which we did not figure out until the last day. We did enjoy the buffet breakfast down stairs and I will say that I have stayed at other Hyatt's with much better larger selections for breakfast so that was a little disappointing. There is however a famous restaurant just down the street called Sam's 32 or something close which is featured on the food network and absolutely delicious and worth a try. I will for sure stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for the highest room you can get so you can see the city.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear AmericanAussie_12,

Thank you for your wonderful review! I am so thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful stop at our property on your road trip. I do appreciate your comments regarding the parking and breakfast and they do not go unnoticed. I am so happy that you were able to enjoy Peaks lounge and our fitness center. It looks like you were able to explore the Denver area and we can’t wait to welcome you back on your next adventure.