“Generally good service BUT housekeeping staff was overwhelmed.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center

You added Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   650 15th Street, Denver, CO 80202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #3 of 150 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Madison, Wisconsin
“Generally good service BUT housekeeping staff was overwhelmed.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt for several days as we were attending a wedding in Denver. Overall, our stay was quite pleasant. The room was very clean and appeared to have the latest furnishings available. The breakfast buffet on the weekend was outstanding as well.

However, we had difficulty getting our room cleaned. Unlike other hotels that provide a sign noting that you would like to have your room cleaned as soon as possible, this hotel did not. The first day we were out during the day and came back mid to late afternoon to find our room still unattended to by the housekeeping staff. When the staff finally came through we left the room so they could clean. On Saturday we again left for the day to return around 3:00 to yet again, no cleaned room. Since we were getting ready to attend a wedding, we needed the room and had the privacy sign out. Housekeeping then called and said that since we had the sign out they were unable to clean the room, which was okay since we were leaving the next morning.

When I checked out, the staff asked how the stay was. I did give them feedback about the housekeeping issue and to their credit, they discounted parking for us.

All in all though, I would probably have stayed at the Hampton Inn near by. We could have gotten the same quality of rooms (with breakfast included) for a better price and better housekeeping service. Please note, I am not complaining about housekeeping; the hotel just needed to have more workers available.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hyatt in downtown Denver while attending a conference also at the hotel. First, the hotel is beautiful with great furniture, modern common spaces and comfortable beds! The meeting rooms were spacious and well lit with great sound. And the food was amazing!!! But what stuck out the most to me was the excllent cutomer service offerred by the staff - from the front desk to the bellmen to room service to the catering staff - everyone was super nice and accommodating, going above and beyond the call of duty to ensure that my stay was excellent! I would like to specifically call out Iliana and Bonni Coletta from the banquet staff and thank them for their friendly service and genuine spirit of helpfulness! They enjoyed their jobs and made the evening even more fun!

Room Tip: Request a mountain view room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear Karis S,
Thank you so much for the great review! I’m glad to hear your conference went well and that our property lived up to your expectations. I’m glad to hear our customer service was also to your delight! Comments like that are always great to hear and I will absolutely pass them along to those associates! We look forward to seeing you again!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is my third stay at this hotel and it continues to exceed the service at other chains. Great location, right across the street from the convention center, near bus lines and the light rail is right across the street. Friendly helpful staff, nice accomodations. Will stay here again.

Dear 91942,
Thanks for the great review! I’m glad the location and staff keep you coming back! We look forward to having you again.
Madison, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This hotel is literally across the street from the Convention Center and one block from the 16th street mall. It will not be your least expensive option, but the convenience and friendly staff will more than make-up for those extra dollars. I have had horrendous customer service at other Hyatt hotels, so was happily surprised at how friendly and helpful the staff here tries to be. One glitch, we reserved a non-smoking room with two beds as we were two work colleagues traveling together. Upon checking-in, we went up to the room and, huh, it had one king bed. It was a little bit of a hassle getting the room we had reserved, but in the end, we got the room type we wanted and it was quite spaceous and comfortable. Another plus, the concierge listens to what you are looking for and actually recommended different restaurants to the people in front of us than to us because we were looking for different things. This is not always the case, I am guessing sometimes the hotel staff get a kick-back and so recommend the same places repeatedly. The workout room and lap pool were well maintained, bright and airy. One last tidbit, I typically never sleep well at hotels (all those strange noises). I never heard a door slam or people talking in the hall at this hotel. The hotel was full, so they must have proper sound muffling in the doors. While I did not sleep well, it was some of the best sleep I had in a hotel in a long time.

Room Tip: The room with two queen beds is roomier than the room with one king.
Dear WIsconsinTravelerToo,
Thanks for the great review! I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay here to the fullest and were able to utilize our fitness center, concierge, and our great location! I’m glad we were able to get you into a room with the correct amount of beds after the slight confusion at check in. We hope to see you back again very soon!
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We were there this past weekend for a quick get away. From the moment we checked in to when we checked out, the staff and everyone at the Hyatt were wonderful and absolutely the best! I was blown away. We wanted a higher floor, they gave us a higher floor, we booked directly and didn't go through Priceline.com so we didn't get the free internet connection, when we called down and explained this to the lovely lady at the front desk, she gave us complimentary internet for our entire stay! They took care of everything! We loved the location, the security, the pool and hot tub. Wonderful hotel and how refreshing to get such extraordinary customer service!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Madhu2808,

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our staff. We truly believe that our staff creates the experience for our guests, and I am pleased to see that we exceeded your expectations. I am happy to hear you were able to enjoy a few of the many amenities here at our property. I hope that you can come back again soon and enjoy more of what we have to offer.

Jackie Franke
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

When I checked in, they helped me upgrade to an executive room that was allergy free. Great suggestion, which I took and appreciated. All around excellent experience. Great location, nice view of the horizon, and the breakfast was top notch.

Room Tip: Get the executive package...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear B.L.
Thank you for the five stars. I am glad you enjoyed our allergy friendly room. The hotel staff loves giving our guests the opportunity to try them out since it is not something every hotel offers. It is great you enjoyed the views and the breakfast and we look forward to your return.
Allison Gegenheimer
Fort Collins
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

The location of this hotel is great - the main reason I chose it for a date night out in Denver with my husband. But that was where the good ended. I booked the room directly through Hyatt's website - which indicated that a non-smoking King was available - nearly a month in advance - full prepayment (non-refundable) was required at the time of booking. I was fine with that. Upon arrival & check-in we were told that no non-smoking King rooms were available and all they could offer was a room with two full beds. The last thing we expected was to end up sleeping in separate beds! I guess we were mistaken about the definition of "Reservation" and the sort of guarantee full prepayment might confer. A quick Google search revealed to us (too late) that this type of issue seems to be a frequent one at Hyatt hotels - possibly we got screwed b/c a 'member' showed up before we did - apparently their requests trump all others. An assistant mgr left a voicemail on our room phone at 1:45am (nearly 8 hours after we checked) encouraging us to ask for him upon check out to discuss the situation. Honestly this just seemed to suggest to us that it might simply be Hyatt policy to print up the standard list of all the people who were not accommodated as they thought they would be upon check in and robotically call them in the wee hours of the morning. What could we possibly have been offered upon check out that would have rectified the situation? We will not be staying at Hyatt hotels in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Christina W
I want to apologize for the inconvenience you experiment regarding the bed type in your room. I understand that two a room with two double beds is not ideal when you are coming into the city for a date night. I hope that in the future we get the chance to redeem your faith in Hyatt Hotels.