“The best customer service I have ever experienced” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center

You added Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   650 15th Street, Denver, CO 80202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #3 of 149 Hotels in Denver
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boulder, Colorado
“The best customer service I have ever experienced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We were there this past weekend for a quick get away. From the moment we checked in to when we checked out, the staff and everyone at the Hyatt were wonderful and absolutely the best! I was blown away. We wanted a higher floor, they gave us a higher floor, we booked directly and didn't go through Priceline.com so we didn't get the free internet connection, when we called down and explained this to the lovely lady at the front desk, she gave us complimentary internet for our entire stay! They took care of everything! We loved the location, the security, the pool and hot tub. Wonderful hotel and how refreshing to get such extraordinary customer service!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Madhu2808,

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our staff. We truly believe that our staff creates the experience for our guests, and I am pleased to see that we exceeded your expectations. I am happy to hear you were able to enjoy a few of the many amenities here at our property. I hope that you can come back again soon and enjoy more of what we have to offer.

Jackie Franke
Hotel Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

When I checked in, they helped me upgrade to an executive room that was allergy free. Great suggestion, which I took and appreciated. All around excellent experience. Great location, nice view of the horizon, and the breakfast was top notch.

Room Tip: Get the executive package...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear B.L.
Thank you for the five stars. I am glad you enjoyed our allergy friendly room. The hotel staff loves giving our guests the opportunity to try them out since it is not something every hotel offers. It is great you enjoyed the views and the breakfast and we look forward to your return.
Allison Gegenheimer
Fort Collins
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

The location of this hotel is great - the main reason I chose it for a date night out in Denver with my husband. But that was where the good ended. I booked the room directly through Hyatt's website - which indicated that a non-smoking King was available - nearly a month in advance - full prepayment (non-refundable) was required at the time of booking. I was fine with that. Upon arrival & check-in we were told that no non-smoking King rooms were available and all they could offer was a room with two full beds. The last thing we expected was to end up sleeping in separate beds! I guess we were mistaken about the definition of "Reservation" and the sort of guarantee full prepayment might confer. A quick Google search revealed to us (too late) that this type of issue seems to be a frequent one at Hyatt hotels - possibly we got screwed b/c a 'member' showed up before we did - apparently their requests trump all others. An assistant mgr left a voicemail on our room phone at 1:45am (nearly 8 hours after we checked) encouraging us to ask for him upon check out to discuss the situation. Honestly this just seemed to suggest to us that it might simply be Hyatt policy to print up the standard list of all the people who were not accommodated as they thought they would be upon check in and robotically call them in the wee hours of the morning. What could we possibly have been offered upon check out that would have rectified the situation? We will not be staying at Hyatt hotels in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Christina W
I want to apologize for the inconvenience you experiment regarding the bed type in your room. I understand that two a room with two double beds is not ideal when you are coming into the city for a date night. I hope that in the future we get the chance to redeem your faith in Hyatt Hotels.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This hotel is in a great location - one block from the 16th Street Mall and all of the shops, restaurants and sporting venues - only downside was the parking - the Guest Service Rep said that parking is usually free but on this day we checked in they were only doing Valet which cost $30 unless you wanted to park two blocks away - we had just driven for 8 hours and were tired so we went ahead and used the Valet - we were also woken up several times in the middle of the night by celebrators in the hallway but this does not reflect on the hotel since you get them everywhere - would most definitely stay at this hotel again when I am in Denver...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Hyatt for two nights in May 2013. Someone else had booked this hotel via Priceline so I wasn’t sure what to expect. It was a fantastic surprise!

Upon a late night arrival I found the front desk to be extremely friendly and accommodating. The room was great – a beautiful view of downtown Denver in the evening, and I woke up to the mountains in the morning. I visited Perk for coffee and a bagel both mornings and the ladies there were prompt and happy. This is a well-appointed hotel in a fantastic location. I will definitely be back next time business takes me to Denver.

Room Tip: In hotels like this, the views only get better the higher the floor you're on.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear minnow1982,
Thank you for the great review! I’m glad you could get the most out of our hotel and you were able to enjoy the scenery and our coffee shop. We look forward to having you again!
Hanover
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Great location, close to very good resteraunts and pedestrian mall. One block from free shuttle and directly across from the convention center. Spacious, clean well-appointed rooms. First class accommodations. Beautiful view.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear DonOlee,
Thank you for the great five star review and for rating our services as first class. We enjoy showing guests our wonderful city, especially because it is so close to everything. I hope you will come back and visit us again soon.
Allison Gegenheimer
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

This hotel absolutely exceeded my expectations!!!

I was here with one of my kids for surgery. Not a fun trip and the two of us were already nervous. We had just traveled from China (we are American living abroad) and based on my friend's recommendation planned on staying at this hotel for the couple days we were in town.
We had a hectic morning flying in early and visiting my son's doctor which took up most of our day. Once we finally made it to the hotel we were exhausted. I was especially tired as I was 22 weeks pregnant! Both of us had been up almost 48 hours and we could hardly stand.

As soon as I pulled up I was greeted by the valet guys who were extremely kind and helped us with all of our luggage. Then when we checked in at the counter they could not have been nicer. I don't think I have EVER been treated this nicely at check in! Steve (and yes I remember his name because he was so helpful and kind) could not do enough for us. During our check in he found out why we were in town and did everything he possibly could do to ensure we had a wonderful and comfortable stay under the circumstances. Now Steve was working the three days were in town and whenever he saw us he would greet both of us and ask how we were doing.

Our room was extremely comfortable and the beds were very cozy. This was a relief since we spent most of our time in the room after my son's surgery.

We used the underground parking which allowed us to access our car when we needed to leave. We found it easy to get in and out of the parking garage. The location of the hotel is ideal as we could walk to the 16th street mall for dinner on our first night. And since I didn't know my way around, the staff at the front desk went out of their way drawing maps for us and calling to find out where a certain movie was playing that my son really wanted to see. They made recommendations and really went above and beyond to help us with anything we asked. And they did all of this with a smile on their face!

My cell phone did not work in the room but I really needed to be in contact with family. No problem they comped my calls. We even received a call from the general manager who just wanted to make sure we were doing ok and that we didn't need anything.

This was by far the best experience I have ever had at a hotel. The staff were absolutely outstanding. Just based on the staff this should be a 5 star hotel! I have stayed in hotels all over the world and never (not even at the Ritz) have I ever encountered staff this accommodating and friendly. Whatever we needed it was not a problem!

If I ever go back to Denver we would definitely stay at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Eileenrich5,
Thank you for the awesome review! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that everything from our beds to our Guest Service was nothing but the best for you! I hope you get the chance to come back and we can exceed your expectations once again!