“Great Stay and Friendly Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   650 15th Street, Denver, CO 80202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Romance Package
Ranked #5 of 147 hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Arlington, Virginia
“Great Stay and Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Stayed here for a conference back in May and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The staff was super friendly and the room was very nice.

My friend and I spent several nights at the bar / lounge on the top of the hotel. Very nice views of Denver.

Location was great since the conference was right next door at the Convention Center as well as centrally located to LoDo and the pedestrian mall on 16th.

Will be heading back there in January for short personal trip and staying there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

1,514 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
Omaha, NE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Wonderful staff, so helpful! The first moment I walked into this hotel, I felt at home. The hostess at the restaurant in the hotel sensed that I was just exhausted. She recommended the Chicken Tortilla Soup to take to my room. It was fabulous and so comforting. Very comfortable bed! It doesn't get much better than this! I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Just ask for a room on a quiet floor!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Dufstr,
Thank you for such a wonderful review. I am glad to hear that you felt at home here and that our staff was able to make you feel comfortable. We look forward to having you come back anytime!

Allison Gegenheimer
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency for a Christmas party. The party was in one of the conference rooms - it was very beautiful. The service was fantastic eventhough they were obviously extremely busy. We were very impressed with the rooms. They are very stylish with comfortable beds and great views. We would recommned this hotel to friends.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Djmikey75,

Thank you for the five stars and great review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the staff, views, and location. We look forward to seeing you in January and cant wait to have you back!

Allison Gegenheimer
Loveland, Colorado, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I booked online with your site at $169 per night and fortunately for me, printed off the confirmation. When the email confirmation came through, I was billed $199 per night. Seriously?? When I called, I was treated with indifference and even after scanning my confirmation to them, I got not much more than "we don't know what happened". Because of the tournament I am there for, I don't have any other options for rooms however, I will never again stay in a Hyatt and will make sure I let everyone I know the reason why.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Angie,

I am so terribly sorry that there was incorrect information on your confirmation. I can assure you that I will investigate any potential issues you have experienced. I am glad that this was quickly resolved and I’ll reach out to you directly to see how any confusion could have happened. We look forward to your visit and I will ensure a successful experience for your visit.

Thanks
Adam Tobiasz
Assistant Rooms Executive
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hyatt Regency at the Colorado Convention Center. It is located directly across the street from the Convention Center and within a few blocks of the Denver Center for Performing Arts. It is one block away from the 16th Street Mall and walking distance from the RTD Market Street Station.
I stayed on the concierge level with a fantastic view to the southwest. Mt. Evans and Pikes Peak were clearly visible and beautiful panoramic sunrises each morning I was there.
One of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in with perfect pillows and luxury linens. Excellent lighting. Could not hear people in adjacent rooms.
At least these upper floors appear to have undergone recent renovation. I especially appreciate that the rooms at this Hyatt have a small window that opens for ventilation-I even like hearing the street noise below.
Lots of hot water and no plumbing issues. Appreciated a rubber bath mat available. Many hotels I stay in do not offer a mat and the tub/shower can become slippery and dangerous.
The check in process was very quick as was check out. Entire lobby, bell service, concierge was highly efficient and well run. Friendly, professional employees.
Food was excellent in Altitude Restaurant on lobby level. Reservations are probably advised when attending an evening event at Convention Center or DCPA as I was.
Only negatives: Housekeeping did not get to my room until 3:30p.m. A notice in the room informs the quest that housekeeping may come as late as 4:30. In my opinion that is too late in the day to have the room serviced. No evidence that the very long hallway on the 36th floor was vacuumed in several days and items were collecting on the new carpeting. Also in my opinion room service needs to cover glasses of wine, water, tea, butter plates etc. with plastic wrap or paper covers when making deliveries. Finally, the peep hole in the door was positioned too high for me to see out of. I would have needed a stool to stand on. I am not a short person. This needs to be fixed somehow for security reasons.
I rarely give a hotel I stay at a five star rating but the concierge level of this Hyatt deserves it. It doesn't get much better than this in Denver.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room with mountain view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
RegencyHyatt, Hotel Assistant Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Jacaranda83,

Thank you for taking the time to write such an amazing review! I am glad that you were able to enjoy many of the amenities the hotel offers and that our staff provided the service we aim for. I am sorry that the housekeeping service was not to your expectation and I appreciate your comments so we can improve. I hope that you can make it back to the hotel soon!!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Some good and some bad on my first trip to Hyatt. First, the good! We choose this Hyatt due to its proximity to the big holiday parade. We were sent a notice via email with alternate directions and a notice that traffic might be heavy due to the parade. Valet and bellboys could not have been better! Web check in was a breeze. Highly recommend web check in. Rooms were clean, spacious and nice. Bed comfort was good! We stayed on executive floor which allowed access to lounge which offered cold breakfast, snacks, hors d'oeuvres and both alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages. This space was perfect, well staffed and kid friendly. We had breakfast at Altitudes restaurant and it was delicious! Overall hotel rating was 4

Now the bad. Upon arrival we were told the 27th floor hotel bar "The Peak" was not available as a private party had rented it out for both Friday and Saturday nights. A huge disappointment. After the parade we stopped by the lobby bar for a drink. It was very busy as expected due to parade traffic and a few in our party secured an empty table while another went to bar and got drinks ordered. As we were waiting for our friend to bring drinks back a cocktail waitress arrived. We explained that we had drinks coming and were very rudely told, "I get your drinks from now on." She said this as she was walking away from our table, attitude in tow. I felt bad for 1/2 a second. Had she been nice about it I guarantee we would have tipped very well. Instead, we left after that drink - no tip - and headed back to the executive lounge. Finally, the debacle that is the spa. We had 4 people in our party. 2 wanted massages and 2 wanted pedicures. We called early in the week to get appointments only to be told we would have to be called back with times. That was odd - she was able to take my credit card number but not give me appt times?? She assured me she would call back within 30 minutes. 30 hours later and still no word from the spa. 3 phone calls later we were finally given times. They explained they only had 2 treatment rooms so we would have to stagger treatments. A massage and pedicure at 930 and same at 1030. The first massage went off without a hitch. Unfortunately the pedicure wasn't so lucky. The technician doing the pedicure was also answering the phone, waiting on customers who were walking in and was running late with her 830 pedicure. Finally, 45 minutes late and not close to beginning her pedicure my sister walked out. She was told that someone hadn't showed up for work and that is why technician was doing so many jobs. Unacceptable. Turn the phone off and wait on the person sitting in front of you paying for the service!!! Needless to say we cancelled the rest of our treatments. We had plans for our day and running that far behind on the pedicures would have prevented us from our plans. To make matters worse we were bombarded with phone calls from the staff giving excuses such as "well, we are just a boutique spa" (since when does boutique = crappy service?) to "You did show up 15 minutes early to your appointment so you only waited 30 min not 45."(We showed up early to fill out paper work like they requested). We were even asked if we wanted to go to their off site location (we would have to find our own travel arrangements) and they might be able to accommodate us better there. Sigh - it was such a downer as we were all looking forward to a little pampering. At least my dad had a wonderful massage on his 70th birthday and that is all that mattered.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear NellieSue307,

Thank you reviewing your experience at the hotel. I appreciate your comments on the staff and your arrival. We try to make sure that the all of our arriving guests are aware of the parade and I am glad that are attempts were successful. I am sorry that your experience at the Spa did not meet your expectations as this is not one of our standards. I hope that you will give us another shot when you are in Denver to prove we are more than ordinary.

Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We recently stayed in a suite for a personal weekend. The property was centrally located to restaurants, shopping and entertainment. Our room and the common areas of the hotel were well-kept, clean, and tastefully decorated. The bed was not as comfortable as we have experienced at other Hyatts of similar category. The fitness center and pool was rather large and well-equipped for a Hyatt. The only downside to the fitness center and pool during my stay was that there were a large number of unsupervised children playing on the gym equipment and in the pool area. I think the high number of children was due to the fact that the city's winter lights festival was going on during my stay. From a liability perspective and to ensure that adult guests weren't bothered, I think management could have done a better job of asking unsupervised children to leave the gym and of enforcing the "adults only" pool hours.

The service was good--everyone was friendly, responsive and accommodating. They did a good job of recognizing my Diamond status on check-in. The main criticism I have about their Diamond amenities deals with the breakfast. My partner was sick during our stay and so we asked the front desk staff (who conferred with their managers) if we could order our Diamond breakfast to our room. We were told that we couldn't order the breakfast to the room and that our only option would be the offerings in the Regency lounge. The Regency lounge breakfast was basic with no hot offerings. Management should revisit their policies on how they treat their most loyal customers. Allowing Diamond members to have their breakfast delivered to their rooms would go a long way in making their most loyal customers feel more appreciated.

Because the service and property met my base expectations for a Hyatt Regency, I gave them an average rating which I think is quite fair given my experience with various Hyatt properties. Overall, it was a nice stay and we would return, but not on a weekend when the hotel will be overrun with children.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear jmleon72,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am glad that you had time to enjoy our wonderful fitness center. I am sorry that we did not exceed your expectations on your visit. I appreciate your valuable feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve the hotel. I hope that you next time you are in Denver, you will give us another chance.